ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 3 Injury report; Damien Williams ruled OUT, McCoy is questionable
JakeF 02:43 PM 09-20-2019

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:12 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is going to be a very tough matchup. I won’t be shocked if we lose this one, if the weather is shitty.

The bad news:
Erving is a crap run blocker.
We couldn’t run much against Oakland.
Our top 2 backs are banged up (but I do think Darwin is going to be the best of them, anyway.)
They have the best run defense in football.
Bad weather can limit the passing game.
Tyreek bailed us out numerous times in the last matchup.
Their offense is ultra explosive and we’re still early in the year struggling with communication problems.
They have this game circled after losing the last one in overtime.

The good
Jimmy Smith is out
We should be able to scheme lots of open looks against them in coverage
They don’t have a guy to cover Kelce
Earl ran his mouth...so I’m sure Sammy, Kelce, Hardman and Robinson will be ready to challenge that statement about taking away the deep ball.
Thompson looked ready to challenge for the starting job before the team acquired Shady..he knows this is his time to shine. Should be able to have a big receiving game.
They haven’t played anyone good yet and this Chiefs team is truly unreal.
an additional good... The Ravens have one of the worst pass D's in the league.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:19 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
we don't need to run that much, but I look forward to seeing Darwin out there.
Amen to that one !! :-) Pick him up in fantasy !! He will split carries with McCoy if not get the bulk IMHO.
[Reply]
58-4ever 10:26 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Amen to that one !! :-) Pick him up in fantasy !! He will split carries with McCoy if not get the bulk IMHO.
It's just a matter of time... the Kid is perfect for this offense...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:28 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
It's just a matter of time... the Kid is perfect for this offense...
You have good "football eyes" !!!:-)
[Reply]
Chargem 10:48 AM 09-21-2019
I'm not convinced it will be that close a game. The Ravens look good statistically but they have played very poor teams so far.

I just watched the 40 minutes 'every play' highlights of their game against Arizona and I don't think they are that special - The cardinals put up plenty of good drives that stalled into field goals within the red zone.

I wouldn't call Arizona's defense special either and they held them to a very beatable score. I would call this game the first proper test of the D. If they can be disciplined and play as a team in the run game then I think the Chiefs win comfortably.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:04 AM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I'm not convinced it will be that close a game. The Ravens look good statistically but they have played very poor teams so far.

I just watched the 40 minutes 'every play' highlights of their game against Arizona and I don't think they are that special - The cardinals put up plenty of good drives that stalled into field goals within the red zone.

I wouldn't call Arizona's defense special either and they held them to a very beatable score. I would call this game the first proper test of the D. If they can be disciplined and play as a team in the run game then I think the Chiefs win comfortably.
It seems the media are forgetting that the Ravens have to come into the Loudest Stadium in the NFL during the Chiefs Home Opener and play against the MVP of the league.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:38 AM 09-21-2019
I was fine with trading Hyde. But now am starting to question it. We need a bruiser back to mix things up. He would have been nice to have for this game. Can darrel Williams match his production? He's gonna have to.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:37 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
The whole league is. And it's no wonder. All the changes in the last CBA lessening practice time, as well as starters barely playing in the preseason is resulting in more injuries do to player's bodies just not being prepared to play. Hopefully, they see that and will make changes in the next CBA.
Yore’re 1,009% wrong.

Football is an inherently injurious sport. More of it leads to more injuries.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-more-injuries
[Reply]
scho63 12:42 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I was fine with trading Hyde. But now am starting to question it. We need a bruiser back to mix things up. He would have been nice to have for this game. Can darrel Williams match his production? He's gonna have to.
Hyde's off to a good start with the Texans
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:47 PM 09-21-2019
I hate to see injuries, especially injuries to my team (unless it's Mark Cashole or ASS11), but if this is how we get Darwin some playing time, then so be it. I'm hoping he goes off tomorrow and plays his way to being a starter in 2-3 weeks.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:51 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hate to see injuries, especially injuries to my team (unless it's Mark Cashole or ASS11), but if this is how we get Darwin some playing time, then so be it. I'm hoping he goes off tomorrow and plays his way to being a starter in 2-3 weeks.
That is very unlikely.

Reid isn’t going to bench Williams and McCoy for Darwin. He’s going to roll with the vets he trusts.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:53 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hyde's off to a good start with the Texans
It's amazing with how bad he was this preseason and how bad he's been in all but one year of his career. Hyde's been a beast and he's playing behind a terrible O-Line
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:54 PM 09-21-2019
Why is Reid so stingy about his RBs and pass blocking? When Spencer Ware was hurt before the 2017 opener, Kareem Hunt was the backup, not the next best pass blocker. Was Hunt actually the best blocking RB we had behind Ware, even though he had only been in that system for a limited period? Hunt was a very experienced RB in college, so he probably knew most of the basics of blocking, but he still had to work that into his role in the offense, which takes time.

Are we actually teaching Thompson to block from scratch? What the hell was he doing at Utah State? Can't he figure it out? And if it's his size that is limiting him as a blocker, then why is his blocking the excuse at all? Then just use him as an exclusive 3rd down back.

Basically, what I'm saying is, "Learn to fucking block the way Reid wants you to, Darwin, so we can get you on the field faster and start raping teams even harder than we currently are."
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:54 PM 09-21-2019
I’m hoping for a big game from McCoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:56 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, that's what a bunch of people told me. "You don't need Hyde if you have Darrel Williams on the team."

I hope I'm wrong and it works.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up