ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>New Tool
Third Eye 03:56 PM 05-10-2019
I know there's a pretty large contingent of Tool fans here so I figured I'd share in case people were still in the dark. After a longer wait than the Winds of Winter, the new album will drop 8/30. They've been playing a couple new songs live, Invincible and Descending. Bootlegs are below. The sound quality is pretty decent for audience recordings, but you do have to deal with a considerable amount of stupid people chatter in Descending.

[Reply]
Molitoth 11:48 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.
Thanks! =)

I play a bit of piano, guitar, bass, drums, didgeridoo, whatever... but I don't practice enough on ANY of them to be a full timer in a working band.

I do however put that amount of effort into vocals, composing, and Mixing.

I would consider myself a musician, but I suppose for those that only know me as they see me on stage, I'd just be a singer. (but that's a little odd to me)
[Reply]
hometeam 07:51 AM 08-07-2019
So some of you might know, TOOL finally released on Digital last week, and then this -

[Reply]
Third Eye 11:31 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So some of you might know, TOOL finally released on Digital last week, and then this -

Meant to post about this last night. Totally forgot! Not bad for a bunch of 50+ year olds. Not earth shatteringly good, but not disappointing.
[Reply]
icepick64 03:31 PM 08-07-2019
Thought the title track was great, listened 4 times today already, as with most tool songs, you hear more the more you listen to it.

The special edition physical looks interesting:

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:02 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Maynard is said to be an asshole but any guy that names his grape field Merkin Vineyards is ok with me.
Anybody want to see more of Maynard, on AXS TV the Sammy Hagar Rock N Roll Road Show visited Maynard about 4 episodes ago at his vineyard in Arizona. Maynard wore a semi-suit outfit and looked kind of odd, plus he has a shaved head and Super Man Glasses. Anyway, he seemed normal and they mostly talked about wine. When Sammy said, what musician would you like to meet if given the chance and he said, Joni Mitchell. He really liked her songwriting. Sammy brought the chef Guy Fieri along, who a music fan. He made it somewhat interesting as they talked on the plane ride. I'm know AXS has those shows on-demand if anyone is interested.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:06 AM 08-08-2019
Invincible is still my favorite. Can't wait to hear that song digitally recorded.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:30 AM 08-08-2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:50 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:

Kinda underwhelmed. I mean, it sounds like tool instrumentally, but the vocals sound like Maynard just carried over his recent APC work. Too soft and not enough grit.

Hopefully the rest of the album has some tracks i can rock out too. I want more tracks that sound like Jambi etc.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:09 PM 08-08-2019
Sounds like a b-side track from Lateralus.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:11 PM 08-08-2019
It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.
You realize pretty much ALL instruments are based on the human voice right?

Skilled singers are UNQUESTIONED musicians.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:20 PM 08-08-2019
Almost 30 years since Opiate. Time flies.

More Maynard:

[Reply]
Third Eye 03:15 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kinda underwhelmed. I mean, it sounds like tool instrumentally, but the vocals sound like Maynard just carried over his recent APC work. Too soft and not enough grit.

Hopefully the rest of the album has some tracks i can rock out too. I want more tracks that sound like Jambi etc.
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 03:20 PM 08-08-2019
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.

[Reply]
Third Eye 03:25 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank:
I mean, we can all argue about what we like, but it’s generally considered that 10,000 Days is their worst album. Not everybody thinks that of course, but more do than not. I find those songs to be the worst songs on their worst album. It’s not advanced math!
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:28 PM 08-08-2019
For what it’s worth, Jambi is a far better song than The Pot. The Pot is just bad. Cheesy lyrics and boring guitar work. Opinions man, we all got ‘em.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up