ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 223
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Coogs 07:02 AM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Pork Tenderloins. Lots of labor when your making them for 700 fans. They take the whole loin, cut them up, wrap them in bacon, go into the smoker, put them on a charcoal grill to finish them and get crispy, Then the customer can dip them in their homemade BBQ sauce fountain as much as they want or not at all. Their sause was amazing so I went with sauce.

Theres a video of them making and prepping the loins in the Jacksonville thread.
Okay, thanks BRC. I will check it out. They look amazing!
[Reply]
philfree 02:11 PM 09-27-2019
I have my 2nd competition coming up next weekend so I'm going to practice some brisket and cupcake chicken tomorrow and then eat it during the game. Going to work on my burnt ends so I'm going to cook an extra point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:29 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by philfree:
I have my 2nd competition coming up next weekend so I'm going to practice some brisket and cupcake chicken tomorrow and then eat it during the game. Going to work on my burnt ends so I'm going to cook an extra point.
I thought I had a great original rub and meat prep was down. Lots of complements. As my wife’s co-workers told her.... your husbands meat has satisfied many women.

Knew my way around a smoker. Then I went to the American Royal one year. I’d been way out of my league. Very cool to take up that challenge. :-) post some pics and good luck.
[Reply]
philfree 08:20 AM 10-06-2019
I thought I had a great original rub and meat prep was down. Lots of complements. As my wife’s co-workers told her.... your husbands meat has satisfied many women.

Knew my way around a smoker. Then I went to the American Royal one year. I’d been way out of my league. Very cool to take up that challenge. :-) post some pics and good luck.
I was too tired by the end of this cook to think about pictures. (I've got to learn to cook hot and fast.) It was windy(I'm using offset stick burners) and I didn't feel like it went very well. It was confirmed by the judges. They had a strong field at this competition. SLAPS, Fergalicious, Gettin' Basted and a few other really good teams were there. Me and my box trailer and canopy were totally out classed by the other teams and all their cool and expensive RVs. SLAPS ended up The Grand Champion. He's bigger in person than he is on TV. He big! I spoke with Fergalicious a little and he seemed like a great guy. In the end me and my pals will have lot's of brisket, pork and ribs to eat for tonight's game.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:28 AM 10-06-2019
I was too tired by the end of this cook to think about pictures. (I've got to learn to cook hot and fast.) It was windy(I'm using offset stick burners) and I didn't feel like it went very well. It was confirmed by the judges. They had a strong field at this competition. SLAPS, Fergalicious, Gettin' Basted and a few other really good teams were there. Me and my box trailer and canopy were totally out classed by the other teams and all their cool and expensive RVs. SLAPS ended up The Grand Champion. He's bigger in person than he is on TV. He big! I spoke with Fergalicious a little and he seemed like a great guy. In the end me and my pals will have lot's of brisket, pork and ribs to eat for tonight's game.
I've seen SLAPS a time or two on BBQ Pitmasters. (I like that show BTW) His stuff always looked like it would be very good. When KC BBQ is discussed, we all hear about KC Joe's, Q39, JackStack, etc.. Don't ever hear much about SLAPS. Is his place good?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 10-06-2019
Fergalious is getting to ready to blow up nationwide. His sponsor has several products in Costco. They are in discussions to add one of his recipes and product to all Costco stores nationwide.
[Reply]
philfree 08:49 AM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I've seen SLAPS a time or two on BBQ Pitmasters. (I like that show BTW) His stuff always looked like it would be very good. When KC BBQ is discussed, we all hear about KC Joe's, Q39, JackStack, etc.. Don't ever hear much about SLAPS. Is his place good?
I've never eaten at SLAPS but I live in Springfield. When in KC we usually go to Jack Stack. I can't imagine that SLAPS isn't good. There opening up a Big Bob Gibson's here in Springfield though. I can't wait to try it. I binge watch BBQ Pittmasters when it's on. That's probably the reason that I decided to "try" to compete. That and everyone always "loves" my Q. Eh! What do they know?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 10-06-2019
I just figured out that the Competition you were in this weekend was run by the same person who did our events and BBQ down in Jacksonville. :-) Bet it went smooth. She's always on top of things.
[Reply]
philfree 09:08 AM 10-06-2019
I just figured out that the Competition you were in this weekend was run by the same person who did our events and BBQ down in Jacksonville. :-) Bet it went smooth. She's always on top of things.
I saw her name in your Thank You's in the Jacksonville thread. Yeah she's a busy gal. She's doing a Chiefs game event in Nashville next.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 AM 10-06-2019
I saw her name in your Thank You's in the Jacksonville thread. Yeah she's a busy gal. She's doing a Chiefs game event in Nashville next.
She wanted me to come up there to the game. Get involved in the event. Thats way too much stress for what is supposedly my free time.:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:22 AM 11-03-2019
Need tips from the pros.

I’m hosting a thanksgiving party for my staff, 20 people, and of course plan on cooking the turkey. What about smoking a turkey? Worth it? Tips?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:28 AM 11-03-2019
The same BBQ teams and Susan are trying to duplicate the Jacksonville events in Nashville. I'm not involved in this one.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:18 AM 11-03-2019
Tried smoking some chicken drumettes on my Big Green Egg for the first time yesterday. They came out great! Will definitely do them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Need tips from the pros.

I’m hosting a thanksgiving party for my staff, 20 people, and of course plan on cooking the turkey. What about smoking a turkey? Worth it? Tips?
Do it. It really frees up the kitchen.

Inject with butter. Baste with butter to crisp the skin.

Cook to temperature.

Then prepare to do one every thanksgiving. Because everybody wants them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:12 AM 11-03-2019
Cheap injector. If you end up happy with the missed turkey you can buy a better one.

https://www.amazon.com/Ofargo-Plasti...2797462&sr=8-4
[Reply]
Page 138 of 223
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188 > Last »
Up