ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Chiefs and OBJ have "mutual interest"
SHOWTIME 06:01 PM 03-17-2024

BREAKING: Star WR Odell Beckham Jr. says goodbye to Baltimore as he won’t be returning to the #Ravens next season.

OBJ and the Super Bowl Champion #Chiefs have mutual interest in getting a deal done. pic.twitter.com/fjQG8p22h8

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 17, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:53 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
https://heavy.com/sports/baltimore-r...ll-beckham-jr/

"Beckham was supposed to be Baltimore’s WR1, but he was outplayed by rookie Zay Flowers. OBJ struggled to establish a rapport with Lamar Jackson, snagging just 35 of the franchise quarterback’s passes from 64 targets.

Targeting Beckham was a problem because he struggled to consistently gain separation. The wideout won on just 43.6 percent of his routes, including a modest 34.7 percent win rate against man coverage, according to Player Profiler."
Oof...that is awful
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:25 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I am too old to understand the hip lingo these youngsters use these days, but I believe he was saying that he enjoyed his time in Baltimore, and wished they could have had more success together. He loved the city and his teammates and he will always look fondly upon his time together with them.
Come on, man. He even gave you context clues.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:26 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
That same account is now saying Chiefs have interest in Quez Watkins.
Quez has a ton of speed and shouldn’t cost much.
[Reply]
srvy 08:26 PM 03-17-2024
As usual, if Veach signs him it's the greatest move ever. See you in New Orleans!

If we don't he is washed didn't need him TY Veach for dodging this 50 caliber bullet. We don't need this smelly steaming turd. See you in New Orleans!
[Reply]
BossChief 08:35 PM 03-17-2024
OCity may get his wish a few years late.
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
OCity may get his wish a few years late.
Yikes

He’s old and slowed
[Reply]
CatinKS 08:51 PM 03-17-2024
PUNT!!!!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:03 PM 03-17-2024
I'd easily take him, but it has to be cheap. Good thing Veach is who he is and won't over spend like other stupid teams.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:06 PM 03-17-2024
OBJ connected to the Chiefs happens every year before the Chargers are crowned kings of the off-season. The script is repeating itself
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:12 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd easily take him, but it has to be cheap. Good thing Veach is who he is and won't over spend like other stupid teams.

Well yeah. That's why I doubt we get him. He's always taken the most $$$, afaik. But if we did get him, it'd be a lot better than relying on JWat/Moore/Toney and the like.

Also, just to have a real NFL WR, one that was once a top-5 guy, would do wonders for Rice and whichever rookie WR we draft. Hell, maybe he could help fix Toney.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:12 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
That same account is now saying Chiefs have interest in Quez Watkins.
I don't hate Quez at all. Him or Hardman for more speed.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:24 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Man, wouldn't it be nice. Not a fan of OBJ's personality (or his dad's), but he can still play at a high level. Go get him, Veach.
From everything I saw last season his me-first attitude seems to have disappeared, though I have to admit I didn’t follow the Ravens that closely. He only caught around 55% of his targets last season though his QB was Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:30 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Nope. I'd rather have Watson because the 5th option in the passing game needs to play special teams. Watson can actually threaten a defense deep too. He's an incredibly versatile roster piece.

OBJ probably just break himself again.
I agree with this but would also be okay with OBJ on a vet minimum deal with incentives.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:38 PM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
From everything I saw last season his me-first attitude seems to have disappeared, though I have to admit I didn’t follow the Ravens that closely. He only caught around 55% of his targets last season though his QB was Lamar Jackson.

Yeah, I didn't watch but maybe 2 BAL games last year, I think. no, I watched 4. One of my best friends is a Ravens guy so I watched a couple with him, though I probably paid more attention to my Makers and the cute bartender than I did the games at times.

But he did make a few nice plays that I noticed in those games. A couple are in that clip I posted. Also watched Lamar flat miss OBJ more than once. But Lamar misses everybody more than once, so . . .

Biggest thing you noticed if you paid attention to him is that he's a real fully functional NFL WR. He's a complete package, though he doesn't have long speed anymore. But in short/intermediate areas he's still pretty good. And he still has his hands and he's still fearless over the middle.

But mostly I'm thinking about all he could teach our young WRs. I'm serious about the idea that he could be the key to making Toney functional.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:15 PM 03-17-2024
The Swifties may riot in the streets if this happens. OBJ is currently dating #2 on their top ten biggest enemies list (behind her ex-husband).
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up