ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Chiefs and OBJ have "mutual interest"
SHOWTIME 06:01 PM 03-17-2024

BREAKING: Star WR Odell Beckham Jr. says goodbye to Baltimore as he won’t be returning to the #Ravens next season.

OBJ and the Super Bowl Champion #Chiefs have mutual interest in getting a deal done. pic.twitter.com/fjQG8p22h8

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 17, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 08:34 AM 03-18-2024
Meh. I can't imagine OBJ would sign for any contract that is low-dollar enough for me to like it. My perfect world we would have a rookie at our WR3 spot this year developing and emerging to replace Hollywood in 2025. So in that world OBJ would be WR4 and that seems unrealistic. If we have money burning a hole in our pocket go bring back Donovan Smith instead.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 08:36 AM 03-18-2024
Vet minimum? Or something close?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 03-18-2024
This is a move you make if you're the Jets, with a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers.

We don't need to go nuts for a one year push.

We need a #3 type WR, and a draft that's LOADED in WR's.

Just draft a guy.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:46 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Meh. I can't imagine OBJ would sign for any contract that is low-dollar enough for me to like it. My perfect world we would have a rookie at our WR3 spot this year developing and emerging to replace Hollywood in 2025. So in that world OBJ would be WR4 and that seems unrealistic. If we have money burning a hole in our pocket go bring back Donovan Smith instead.
OBJ is probably at the point in his career that he is more concerned about finding a good fit than maximizing his earnings. He was a great fit in LA with McVay, I think KC would utilize him well. And the only reason why WC is a willing partner is because they don't trust Moore and Toney, who even with Brown in house, are just one injury away from seeing significant playing time. And there is also the fact that I don't believe the Chiefs are going to give Brown 100+ targets.

My preference is to still draft and develop a WR from the draft, but it is becoming crystal clear that the Chiefs are in the Hunt for a LT high in the draft, which changes things a bit from the free agency perspective. I expect OBJ to be a 5M guy pus some incentives that he won't hit.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:46 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Hollywood Brown just signed a very reasonable deal to be here. Jones refused to leave. Sneed is trying to stay, despite plenty of suitors.

People need to realize that being part of a three-peat (and catching passes from Mahomes) is pretty enticing to these guys. Especially ring chasers near the end of their careers.
[Reply]
493rd 08:49 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Just draft a guy.
Agreed. In addition, OBJ brings additional non-football baggage that the Chiefs just don’t need. Also, I’m not giving up on Skyy Moore yet. If he steps up this year and contributes with 500 yards and 3-4 TDs that would be huge. Rice, Kelce, Brown, Moore, Hardman, Irv Smith, Watson. And you add at least one more in the draft. We don’t need OBJ.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:49 AM 03-18-2024
I've thought about this a bit since yesterday and I hate it even more now.

Stay away from OBJ.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:49 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Just draft a guy.
We have no idea what kind of deal Veach can pull off here. And we all know that a rookie is far from guaranteed to produce in Reid's offense, especially in the first half of the year.

I'd love to see a 1-year "threepeat discount" deal for Beckham.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:50 AM 03-18-2024
If Veach/Reid went this route and signed another veteran wide receiver it makes ZERO sense to draft a receiver in the first/second round this year. They arent going to develop sitting behind Kelce/Rice/Hollywood/OBJ in targets. If you sign OBJ, I think you are packaging your 1st and 2nd rounder to go grab a franchise left tackle.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:53 AM 03-18-2024
WE ARE NOT DRAFTING A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND

Our current LT is Wanya Morris. Yikes!
[Reply]
Jerm 08:56 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:

So let's bring in a rookie that's probably the 4th or 5th option in this class and expect him to be better....gotcha.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 08:57 AM 03-18-2024
hmmm. I bet he isn't really interested in the $$$$$ the Chiefs would offer. He took the best 1 year deal he could find last year. Don't know why that would have changed.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:58 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So let's bring in a rookie that's probably the 4th or 5th option in this class and expect him to be better....gotcha.
Could say the same thing about WR no?

And yeah Andy probably isn’t drafting a WR rd 1. Doesn’t fit his philosophy
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:58 AM 03-18-2024
This is likely his final season. He would be smart to join the Chiefs to give his brand a big boost heading into his post-football career.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:

We very well could. Donovan Smith is available and we are probably talking with him. I am fine taking a tackle in the 1st, but at 32 it will be tough to get quality. If we do draft a tackle, we probably trade up to get one that's fallen. It will be interesting as we are in really good shape and can let the board fall to us.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up