ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 46
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:55 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What capital are you talking about that they had acquired BEFORE they traded what turned out to be the 32nd pick in the draft for Claypool?

The trade was labeled an overpay when it happened and it looks horrific in hindsight.
So what? No GM bats 1.000

They have added more draft capital than they lost overall.

Poles is doing well so far.

If the standard is that a GM can't make a mistake then Veach sucks too.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:02 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

What don’t you understand here?

You went out of your way to praise him. Fine. You then went out of your way to say the only recent mistake he made was signing Edmunds. I reminded you that he also traded for Claypool which was much worse. You then pretend like I’m having some debate about how good of a GM he is when instead I’m just pointing out that you have a glaring omission when you’re complimenting him on his track record.

And fwiw - I think the Carolina trade last year was more the stupidity of that franchise than the shrewdness of Poles.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:03 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Thinking about it, this is how I feel about the situation. The farthest this guy falls is to #2. Very few teams will be in the market for him. Does he really need to submit records to teams that have no chance at drafting him?
Teams will look at old medical data when they sign FA’s and/or trade for a guy and compare it to the current physical.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:04 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Right or wrong Poles job evaluation comes down to getting the QB decision right. Chicago fans will monday morning QB his decision and it bette be right.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:06 AM 03-01-2024

You went out of your way to praise him. Fine. You then went out of your way to say the only recent mistake he made was signing Edmunds. I reminded you that he also traded for Claypool which was much worse. You then pretend like I’m having some debate about how good of a GM he is when instead I’m just pointing out that you have a glaring omission when you’re complimenting him on his track record.

And fwiw - I think the Carolina trade last year was more the stupidity of that franchise than the shrewdness of Poles.
:-)

Sure, back away now.

Anyways, back to the thread topic.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:06 AM 03-01-2024

IF Carolina took CJ and he performed the same he did for the Texans I think it would have been a good trade for them.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:08 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Shields68:
IF Carolina took CJ and he performed the same he did for the Texans I think it would have been a good trade for them.
He might have been a great pick but if Stroud went to Carolina no one would be praising the Panthers.

They had no line and no weapons and poor coaching.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:10 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?
How the contract is structured matters. Agents also set up classes and coaching for how to interview. Teams and others are going to toss out rumors and things like that to drop his stock so he falls to another team. Agents have a direct line to the coaches and GMs to immediately refute the rumors and kill them before they gain ground. It seems like he needs that with his wildcard dad.
[Reply]
-King- 11:12 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
NFL is combat sport. Most of the 53 put their long-term health in jeopardy. Offensive lineman have to learn how to deal with injuries that could put you on short-term disability and could keep you out of your cubicle farm for weeks. And it's cut-throat. Every year younger and quicker players get drafted to take your job. You can be a male model influencer and play cover corner or run your little 10 yard out routes. But you can't be QB (see Colin and Dwayne and Manzel). I've watched this douche for years (had a tangential connection to Gonzaga highschool) and I can gaurantee you that that partial ownership, chicago whining, and medical bullshit is coming from him and his family. His shtick is not going to fly in a professional locker room if his hero ball style doesn't translate to success.
So...basically, the case with every other QB in the league?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I get the feeling Daniels might be better. Even Booger agrees!

I also think it depends A LOT on who these guys get as coaches, Andy Reid could do wonders with either one.
I would be really really weary of Daniels, he's throwing to 2 1st round WRs and a lot of his stuff doesn't scream NFL translatable.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'd stay away from Maye, getting Trubisky vibes from him, it'd be Daniels for me if I'm in the top 3.
Exactly the same for me.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:14 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Oh, it definitely would’ve ended up being a good trade. But it felt like an overpay at the time of the trade regardless and the fact that they ended up with Young who struggled in the way everyone would’ve expected definitely is a major failure. I thought the fact that they acquired their rookie QB darling while simultaneously giving away his best offensive weapon by far was completely negligent. They needed Moore there to get a true evaluation of Young’s talents.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:15 AM 03-01-2024
I think Maye is solid but I don't think he's a franchise player, I think his absolute best case scenario is more mobile Matt Ryan but he could just as easily end up being Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:17 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I would be really really weary of Daniels, he's throwing to 2 1st round WRs and a lot of his stuff doesn't scream NFL translatable.

I know you're a USC guy and I get it to he was throwing to but he also made the right reads and seems fast at it. I'm getting Stroud vibes from Daniels, only he has legs as well. He is a smaller guy so he will have to bulk up a bit for the NFL but we shall see. I'm no expert by far just my eye test and I think Caleb would benefit from having a coach like Reid or Mcvay, perhaps the Seahawks ex O coordinator as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

I know you're a USC guy and I get it to he was throwing to but he also made the right reads and seems fast at it. I'm getting Stroud vibes from Daniels, only he has legs as well. He is a smaller guy so he will have to bulk up a bit for the NFL but we shall see. I'm no expert by far just my eye test and I think Caleb would benefit from having a coach like Reid or Mcvay, perhaps the Seahawks ex O coordinator as well.
Caleb needs to be coached out of thinking he can do anything at anytime, he will literally not take designed easy throws for 1st downs because he wants to go long.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 46
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up