ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 46
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 03-01-2024
It's not a ton different than when Deion refused to do a psych test for the Giants.

"When are you all picking?"
"18th"
"I'll be gone long before then; I don't have time for this..."

And hey - if you're Deion Sanders, you can do that sort of thing and it becomes a story people tell decades later about confidence and believing in yourself.

If you're not, it's the part they talk about right before the gloomy music plays during the Ryan Leaf/Johnny Manziel/Caleb Williams documentary about haughty QB busts...

I don't think it's a great look but it's also not all that surprising. Williams is a guy that's gonna do his own thing. So he'd better be a really damn good football player or all that stuff will be used against him someday.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:59 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not a ton different than when Deion refused to do a psych test for the Giants.

"When are you all picking?"
"18th"
"I'll be gone long before then; I don't have time for this..."

And hey - if you're Deion Sanders, you can do that sort of thing and it becomes a story people tell decades later about confidence and believing in yourself.

If you're not, it's the part they talk about right before the gloomy music plays during the Ryan Leaf/Johnny Manziel/Caleb Williams documentary about haughty QB busts...

I don't think it's a great look but it's also not all that surprising. Williams is a guy that's gonna do his own thing. So he'd better be a really damn good football player or all that stuff will be used against him someday.
:-). I didn’t now that Deion story.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:01 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's the real reason why old white guys don't like him....xenophobia.

Glad we cleared that up.
Having odd style choices can mean absolutely nothing about the what type of person they are but haven’t dealt with people up close and personal for 27 years I have noticed a few things that can give you a bit of an idea though . Doing really odd things doesn’t make you odd but it increases the chance especially if things start to add up , now that doesn’t mean he can’t and won’t be a great player and teammate but if someone is risk averse it might scare someone away.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:03 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
And old black guys and old mexicans. It's a mans league (NFL). It doesn't cater to 22 year old male model "influencers". Case in point, Colin Kaepernicks offensive line stopped blocking for him because he plowed his teamates wife. They ended his career (welll before he started pouting on the sidelines because he got benched). I can foresee this princess having a similar career trajectory if he doesn't get over himself.
That's clearly a tiny bit different than hating someone because they paint their fingernails.

Nobody's manhood is in jeopardy if he becomes the QB of your team. He can be him and everyone keeps their manliest of manly traits, even if you root for him.

It'll be alright.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:04 AM 03-01-2024
It came out of his camp.
Gotch. I for whatever reason thought it was an unsubstantiated rumor.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Having odd style choices can mean absolutely nothing about the what type of person they are but haven’t dealt with people up close and personal for 27 years I have noticed a few things that can give you a bit of an idea though . Doing really odd things doesn’t make you odd but it increases the chance especially if things start to add up , now that doesn’t mean he can’t and won’t be a great player and teammate but if someone is risk averse it might scare someone away.
Yeah, definitely a shitty situation where you're expected to be more or less like everyone else, and everything you do is put under a microscope by people who will never meet you.... and that just pushes the media to create "this guy is just a normal guy" content, which makes the xenophobes hate him even more.

And I don't know a ton about the guy... he could end up being a total rube who loses the locker room because he can't relate at all to anyone else and puts no effort into doing so. There's obviously meeting people halfway and not being completely unapologetically weird.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 03-01-2024
That's clearly a tiny bit different than hating someone because they paint their fingernails.

Nobody's manhood is in jeopardy if he becomes the QB of your team. He can be him and everyone keeps their manliest of manly traits, even if you root for him.

It'll be alright.
He might just be weird and self-absorbed. There are a fair number of indicators that this is the case.

As the Broncos how weird and self-absorbed plays in a locker room.

Like I said - if you're really good, you can pull it off. When Wilson was at his peak, his weirdness was seem as charming. As he started to struggle, dude became a meme. He didn't get weirder, he just wasn't a superstar and nobody was willing to go to bat for him so he spiraled.

This sort of stuff doesn't mean you're going to fail. But it really does kinda leave you working without much of a net. You'd better be good. And you'd better be good pretty damn quickly.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:10 AM 03-01-2024
Cry's about the medical records, moronically wanted to have partial ownership in whatever team drafted him, paints his nails, wears dresses, complains about playing in chicago (has to walk it back because the only professional league willing to sign him is the NFL), has an instigram photo-op scene on the sidelines crying with his mom. No professional NFL grown man wants to deal with this shit. And if your a fan of him you might as well chop your balls off. He's one step removed from Xe and getting breast augmentations.
Say what? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 03-01-2024
Yeah, definitely a shitty situation where you're expected to be more or less like everyone else, and everything you do is put under a microscope by people who will never meet you.... and that just pushes the media to create "this guy is just a normal guy" content, which makes the xenophobes hate him even more.

And I don't know a ton about the guy... he could end up being a total rube who loses the locker room because he can't relate at all to anyone else and puts no effort into doing so. There's obviously meeting people halfway and not being completely unapologetically weird.

[Reply]
Lzen 09:11 AM 03-01-2024
That's the real reason why old white guys don't like him....xenophobia.

Glad we cleared that up.
I wouldn't care about the painting nails (Derrick Carr was trying to be Goth and did that, IIRC) but what is this about wearing dresses?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:11 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
This is why I find him a bit annoying. Hopefully he matures bc he’s giving me Manziel vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I actually laughed a little bit at this one.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:14 AM 03-01-2024
He might just be weird and self-absorbed. There are a fair number of indicators that this is the case.

Like I said - if you're really good, you can pull it off. When Wilson was at his peak, his weirdness was seem as charming. As he started to struggle, dude became a meme. He didn't get weirder, he just wasn't a superstar and nobody was willing to go to bat for him so he spiraled.

This sort of stuff doesn't mean you're going to fail. But it really does kinda leave you working without much of a net. You'd better be good. And you'd better be good pretty damn quickly.
Agreed... you do have to meet people halfway, especially when you're losing games. Have to be able to read the room and not shove your weirdness into people's faces without giving a fuck what they think.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:15 AM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’d be excited to be drafted by Chicago as well.

DJ Moore and Cole Kmet are great weapons. I’ve always liked Mooney if they can bring him back. Major city with tons to do. He’d obviously make the most if drafted in that slot. They have another top 5 pick this year plus an additional 2nd in 2025 to add talent. I would welcome the challenge of helping flip a floundering franchise..

Lots of reasons to want to go to Chicago, IMO.
Dumbass defense-minded head coach with a revolving door of OCs. Chicago looks good on paper for all the reasons you mentioned, but it's far from perfect. He's probably going to be changing head coaches and offensive playbooks/systems some time in the next two seasons.

If I'm Williams I'm not going to refuse to go there, but it's not exactly a perfect fit. It's what he said -- he's gonna get drafted and have a chance to be a starting QB in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's Chicago, Washington, or wherever.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:15 AM 03-01-2024

Maybe I am remembering wrong but I don;t recall Wilson acting like a weirdo until after he was having success in the NFL.

Like you said when you are winning you can get away with it.

Caleb has shown nothing in the NFL to get away with it.

Maybe he is the real deal and becomes a top 5 QB.

I don't see it.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:17 AM 03-01-2024

It'll be alright.
NFL is combat sport. Most of the 53 put their long-term health in jeopardy. Offensive lineman have to learn how to deal with injuries that could put you on short-term disability and could keep you out of your cubicle farm for weeks. And it's cut-throat. Every year younger and quicker players get drafted to take your job. You can be a male model influencer and play cover corner or run your little 10 yard out routes. But you can't be QB (see Colin and Dwayne and Manzel). I've watched this douche for years (had a tangential connection to Gonzaga highschool) and I can gaurantee you that that partial ownership, chicago whining, and medical bullshit is coming from him and his family. His shtick is not going to fly in a professional locker room if his hero ball style doesn't translate to success.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 46
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up