ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 32
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kman34 08:10 AM 02-14-2024
I think traffic and parking is going to suck…
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:13 AM 02-14-2024
I know that times change and the team needs to remain competitive in decades to come, but losing the tailgating experience for the Royals games is a significant negative for me.
[Reply]
Spott 08:13 AM 02-14-2024
Now if they can just get a legit MLB team to play in that stadium.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:23 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I know that times change and the team needs to remain competitive in decades to come, but losing the tailgating experience for the Royals games is a significant negative for me.
Tailgating will now be $15 beers at the surrounding P&L bars.
Parking? lol... be prepared to try and find $100+ ubers.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:27 AM 02-14-2024
I'd vote yes but I don't get to vote
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:39 AM 02-14-2024
I'll say it again. This is a great idea circa 20 years ago when there was a renaissance of downtowns. This is not the situation today.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:44 AM 02-14-2024
Stupid. Who the fuck wants to go to these third world down towns any more?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:44 AM 02-14-2024
Just a bad idea any way you look at it in my opinion.
[Reply]
neech 08:50 AM 02-14-2024
I'm just glad they didn't build it in NKC. Our taxes would've gone up, they can keep the stadium in Jackson county.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:06 AM 02-14-2024
I feel like it's good for the image of the city in the national scale, just like the new airport was something overdue, that section of downtown KC needs some work. It's the hub of travel through downtown, but it's been the same since I was a kid. I feel bad for the businesses that will be bought out or moved, but we need to stop pretending this is being done for the Royals in anyway shape or form. I could care less about the Royals getting a new ballpark, but what it does for the city I think needs to be done sooner or later.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:10 AM 02-14-2024
Good for the city, and I'm sure it will be a passing curiosity for residents who live in the area. I just can't see how this will translate for the die-hards and older fans. No additional parking sounds like a bad time that I wouldn't bother with more than once a season.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:14 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like it's good for the image of the city in the national scale, just like the new airport was something overdue, that section of downtown KC needs some work. It's the hub of travel through downtown, but it's been the same since I was a kid. I feel bad for the businesses that will be bought out or moved, but we need to stop pretending this is being done for the Royals in anyway shape or form. I could care less about the Royals getting a new ballpark, but what it does for the city I think needs to be done sooner or later.
Big empty buildings are great for a city?

And keep caring less, I suppose.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:17 AM 02-14-2024
I think this helps in some aspects for the city as a whole but I don’t believe it improves anything for fans and in fact probably makes it worst in many ways. Can’t see my family of four with a 6 and 8 year old going to a Saturday night game downtown.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:20 AM 02-14-2024
The parking question has to be answered because cities with downtown ballparks either have better mass transit than KC or have some sort of parking facilities that can handle the crowds... in most cases, both.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 32
1 234511 > Last »
Up