ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pioli was just on 610
Hammock Parties 08:43 AM 02-20-2020
Holy crap, the guy makes my skin crawl.

He made it sound like he was part of the decision to hire Andy Reid...didn't take any responsibility for his failures or give any insight into why he was let go.

And half the time he was sitting there joking about how they needed more snacks at the meeting.

"I love pop tarts."

Every word out of his mouth made me want to puke.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:10 AM 02-20-2020
EWWWWWW.

610 has Piolistink on it!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:12 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He can **** off and die, or at the very least **** off and shut up. Nobody wants to hear his thoughts about the team he did his damnedest to deliberately destroy. And yes, I mean deliberately. I will always believe he came here to sabotage us. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would have done to the Broncos if Bowlen had named me GM.
Elway could give Pioli a run for his money with his handling of the Broncos post-2015. Elway is so, so fortunate that Denver landed Carolina and not a team with a competent offensive playcaller and offensive line that season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I don't get the hatred. He admitted he made a lot of mistakes. What more can you ask from a guy who failed?

If he doesn't fail so miserably, we don't have Andy Reid or Mahomes in all likelihood.
They lobbed him softball questions and he didn't even give answers to all of them.

He didn't admit shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Would not have been surprised if he was planning to hold onto his role and continue elevating it with Reid like he did in Atlanta (reportedly hurting a longtime friend in the process).
:-)

Details. What a scumfuckpussbag.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:23 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Elway could give Pioli a run for his money with his handling of the Broncos post-2015. Elway is so, so fortunate that Denver landed Carolina and not a team with a competent offensive playcaller and offensive line that season.
Pants has a good point. Never really thought about the comparison.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:26 AM 02-20-2020
What does 610 have planned next? A panel discussion with Carl Peterson, Steve Bono, Paul Hackett, Lin Elliott, Elvis Grbac and Greg Robinson?

JFC no one wants to hear from Fat Scott.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:27 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
What does 610 have planned next? A panel discussion with Carl Peterson, Steve Bono, Paul Hackett, Lin Elliott, Elvis Grbac and Greg Robinson?

Those men are like the 60s Chiefs compared to Scott.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:28 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Details. What a scum****pussbag.
This made headlines at the time. Boomer Esiason (who always has seemed pretty well connected with the league) was beating this drum when Pioli's hiring was announced and didn't change his position during Pioli's early years with the Falcons.

Originally Posted by Boomer Esiason:
Is Scott Pioli going to go in there and ruin that franchise like he did Kansas City?

[...]

(General Manager Thomas Dimitroff has) been cut off at the knees by a guy he formerly worked with and for up there in New England [Pioli]," Esiason said. "This is what happens in this world. In the NFL, basically they cannibalize each other. They eat each other. They eat their young like Piranhas. It's a dysfunctional group of people that live in a dysfunctional world that back-stab each other.
https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-fal...DLuUNh8U0YVJP/

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1...much-of-thomas

I can't find any articles about Pioli "stepping down" from the Falcons now, but Falcons fans pretty collectively said he was canned and that it was surprising that Pioli was targeted instead of both him and Thomas D. as a unit. Falcons fans are pretty fed up with Dimitroff as a whole. A lot of chatter (similar to the Peters-Mahomes feud chatter that was on here/sports talk radio) that Pioli's spot in the org was coming at the expense of Dimitroff from the time Pioli was hired.

EDIT: Just found this. In 2015 (a year after Pioli was hired) Arthur Blank said in an interview that Pioli was responsible for scouting, the draft, and free agency while Quinn had final say over the rosters, leaving Thomas D with the "salary cap, which is a huge factor in contacts, contract negotiations and other different areas. Video areas. There are a variety of areas like the logistics of the team and logistics of supporting the head coach in a variety of ways, moving the team from here to there." Which led Falcon fans to say that Dimitroff was the "check signer" for the org (and probably also explains their surprise that Pioli was canned over him). Idk. Interesting stuff now that I jump in. Sounds like Blank gave Dimitroff the human relations/not calling Michael Scott conference room meetings over candy wrappers and having a groupthink about what Twitter is and tried to give Pioli the tasks he always said he was best at (he always claimed he got fired from the Chiefs for being too focused on the other stuff)

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/5...down-from-role

https://abc7ny.com/sports/dan-quinn-...roster/502512/
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:29 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Fuck that piece of shit.
Link and/or pics
[Reply]
Flying High D 11:34 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He can fuck off and die, or at the very least fuck off and shut up. Nobody wants to hear his thoughts about the team he did his damnedest to deliberately destroy. And yes, I mean deliberately. I will always believe he came here to sabotage us. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would have done to the Broncos if Bowlen had named me GM.
He was doing the best he could with what he had to work with. Pretty sure he is inbred.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:46 AM 02-20-2020
What a POS.

I bet Dimitroff hates Fat Scott now. The Falcons are trash.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:28 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I don't get the hatred. He admitted he made a lot of mistakes. What more can you ask from a guy who failed?

If he doesn't fail so miserably, we don't have Andy Reid or Mahomes in all likelihood.
He was an ego maniac and obviously a terrible leader. He had no power when he was with Belichick, so once he was able to con someone into hiring him he decided he was going to be a fucking nazi psychopath and micromanage the hell out of every aspect of the organization and never allowed his coaches, specifically Todd Haley, to make any real personnel decisions. Hes full of shit and puts on a show cuz if he doesnt he won't get another job. Hes not sincere and the KC job inflated his ego. Fucking shit bag loser needs kneecapped.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:36 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

An in-depth app interview with Frank Ganz coming up next!
[Reply]
Frosty 12:59 PM 02-20-2020
It was annoying how the media was reaching out to past GMs and coaches leading up to the SB. Those ****ers failed hard and shouldn't have any part of the joy of winning now.

I don't mind the ex-players joining in, though. It wasn't TonyG's fault that Carl couldn't get a decent QB and defense at the same time. As an aside, it's crazy that the Chiefs only made the play-offs three times the whole time Tony was on the team, losing them all, of course. No wonder he wanted out.
[Reply]
bobhill 01:20 PM 02-20-2020
Was pioli fired before or after andy was hired
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up