ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: **New NFL Playoff Structure - 1 BYE, 7 Teams per Conference**
Dante84 05:45 PM 02-19-2020

NFL playoff structure is about to be changed. Under the current CBA proposal, seven teams from each conference will make the playoffs, with only bye per conference, sources tell ESPN. It would go into effect this upcoming season. More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 19, 2020

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:13 PM 02-19-2020
Bah! Just leave it alone. As usual, the allure of money fucks shit up.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:18 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The silver lining....

More games = more revenue = more cap space = Chiefs keep Jones comfortably.
Or
More games = more revenue = more cap space = increased player salary demands = all will equalize

But i hate the idea, nearly half the teams can back into the playoffs after mediocre seasons. NBA style
[Reply]
listopencil 07:19 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
NO chance of a universal bye IMHO....why would they want two "dark" weeks in the season?
For the players. To give them a better chance of getting rest and downtime during the season. The owners get the added revenue and the players get more recovery time. The media spends the first bye putting out content analyzing the in depth impact of the first seven games. They spend the next bye analyzing trade rumors. There is no dark week when secondary content can be hyped to be more entertaining and digestible than some of the games themselves.
[Reply]
Old Dog 07:23 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
For the players. To give them a better chance of getting rest and downtime during the season. The owners get the added revenue and the players get more recovery time. The media spends the first bye putting out content analyzing the in depth impact of the first seven games. They spend the next bye analyzing trade rumors. There is no dark week when secondary content can be hyped to be more entertaining and digestible than some of the games themselves.
I mean no real disrespect, but that is one of the silliest takes I have seen. I would swear this was trolling if I didn't know better.
[Reply]
notorious 07:25 PM 02-19-2020
You stupid mother fuckers.

God Damnit. Let's allow half the mother fucking teams in the mother fucking playoffs.

Greedy cock sucking, pig fucking, fuckfaces.
[Reply]
notorious 07:25 PM 02-19-2020
YAY! FUCK THE REGULAR SEASON!

WHO GIVES A MOTHER FUCK?!?!?!
[Reply]
listopencil 07:26 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
I mean no real disrespect, but that is one of the silliest takes I have seen. I would swear this was trolling if I didn't know better.
You don't think taking a bye week refreshes the guys on the roster, or you don't think a well done program can be more entertaining than a shitty game?
[Reply]
Old Dog 07:29 PM 02-19-2020
I don't think the owners would want dark weeks in the middle of the season
[Reply]
notorious 07:31 PM 02-19-2020
Just imagine, they are about to dip their greedy hands in gambling.

So let's tally up the money. 16 more games, check, two extra MASSIVELY bet playoff games, check.

I love football, but I woulnd't cry if each of these owners lost it all. Fuck them.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:31 PM 02-19-2020
Owners offering an extra .5% of revenue to do the 17th game: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...857504257?s=21
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:32 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Owners offering an extra .5% of revenue to do the 17th game: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...857504257?s=21
Which is why the players will say yes.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:33 PM 02-19-2020
Lack of star power in the playoffs due to injuries is very exciting.
[Reply]
notorious 07:35 PM 02-19-2020
Owners increase their direct revenue by 6% for the extra regular season game.

Let's say they add a bye, so there will be another week of added TV revenue that gets spread out. 5.8% increase.

I don't know what the playoff games bring, but add that to the pot.

But hey, they will give the players .5% of that. ****ing pathetic.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:35 PM 02-19-2020
The owners are pushing for more games and that puts more stress on the health of the players. If they want more money then they can give something up for it, and I'm fine with an extra bye week and expanded rosters as the exchange because I think that will directly improve player health.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:36 PM 02-19-2020

More on the transformational CBA proposal now on the table, per sources: As part of the new deal, players go from 47% share under current deal to 48% share at 16 games, and then to 48.5% share if they go to 17 games, shifting $5 billion of revenue to players’ side.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 20, 2020

[Reply]
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up