ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: **New NFL Playoff Structure - 1 BYE, 7 Teams per Conference**
Dante84 05:45 PM 02-19-2020

NFL playoff structure is about to be changed. Under the current CBA proposal, seven teams from each conference will make the playoffs, with only bye per conference, sources tell ESPN. It would go into effect this upcoming season. More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 19, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 06:43 PM 02-19-2020
As the team most likely to become the next Pats and secure a bye every year - this sucks. It's a lot easier to finish top two than best record every year. Some team always gets red hot like the Ravens this year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:45 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
As the team most likely to become the next Pats and secure a bye every year - this sucks. It's a lot easier to finish top two than best record every year. Some team always gets red hot like the Ravens this year.
If we’re supposed to become the next dynasty, it should help more than it hurts.

New England was the 1 seed so damn much the last 10-15 years.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:47 PM 02-19-2020
17 is uneven.

Will this create more problems in tie breakers?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:48 PM 02-19-2020
I can live with 17 games, but one team getting a bye is bullshit. Strength of schedule is too much of a factor that penalizes strong play and benefits mediocrity if only one team earns a bye.

Keep the playoff structure the same.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:50 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I can live with 17 games, but one team getting a bye is bullshit. Strength of schedule is too much of a factor that penalizes strong play and benefits mediocrity if only one team earns a bye.

Keep the playoff structure the same.
I’m sure it would have been one or the other if the players opposed the playoffs expanding, but I highly doubt they did. No reason for them to not want it.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:50 PM 02-19-2020
I hate this. This is being watered down just like the NBA where everyone gets in the playoffs.

Depth is going to be more important than ever before. 2 more games for 12 playoff teams is huge.

They better put a 2nd bye week in the regular season. No way should a team play 10+ games without a bye. It’s not good for players
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:52 PM 02-19-2020
Stupid. Don't like it at all. Whatever I'm just a fan. Nothing I can do about it.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:03 PM 02-19-2020
What a stupid idea. If anything, they should change the playoff structure so that it's based on record, not divisions. No 8-8 winner of a dogshit division should host an 11-5 wildcard team. No 10-6 team should sit home while a 7-9 division winner gets a pass.

But the fuckers will do what they want. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 07:04 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I hate this. This is being watered down just like the NBA where everyone gets in the playoffs.

Depth is going to be more important than ever before. 2 more games for 12 playoff teams is huge.

They better put a 2nd bye week in the regular season. No way should a team play 10+ games without a bye. It’s not good for players
There are some big differences with NBA though. Way more parity in NFL since you need a lot more depth to have a good team and the salary cap does not allow teams to hoard all the talent. Also the “one and done” nature of NFL playoffs will not guarantee that the best team wins each game. NBA playoffs allow the best team to have a bad game or two and still survive.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:05 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
There are some big differences with NBA though. Way more parity in NFL since you need a lot more depth to have a good team and the salary cap does not allow teams to hoard all the talent. Also the “one and done” nature of NFL playoffs will not guarantee that the best team wins each game. NBA playoffs allow the best team to have a bad game or two and still survive.
NBA also lets in 53% of teams to the playoffs, NFL will still be at 43.75% even with the added teams.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:05 PM 02-19-2020
This is terrible.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:08 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
What a stupid idea. If anything, they should change the playoff structure so that it's based on record, not divisions. No 8-8 winner of a dogshit division should host an 11-5 wildcard team. No 10-6 team should sit home while a 7-9 division winner gets a pass.

But the ****ers will do what they want. :-)
Agree with this. NFC East did not deserve to have a playoff spot. They sure as shit did not deserve to be at home against Seattle. Major BS with that structure.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:09 PM 02-19-2020
If they really are going to do 17 game seasons then I want them to have two universal bye weeks and to expand every roster; game day, active, and practice squad. I would prefer that they go: seven games/universal bye/five games/universal bye and trade deadline/five games/playoffs.
[Reply]
Old Dog 07:12 PM 02-19-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
If they really are going to do 17 game seasons then I want them to have two universal bye weeks and to expand every roster; game day, active, and practice squad. I would prefer that they go: seven games/universal bye/five games/universal bye and trade deadline/five games/playoffs.
NO chance of a universal bye IMHO....why would they want two "dark" weeks in the season?
[Reply]
philfree 07:12 PM 02-19-2020
After a 17 game season all playoff teams should get a bye week.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up