ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: **New NFL Playoff Structure - 1 BYE, 7 Teams per Conference**
Dante84 05:45 PM 02-19-2020

NFL playoff structure is about to be changed. Under the current CBA proposal, seven teams from each conference will make the playoffs, with only bye per conference, sources tell ESPN. It would go into effect this upcoming season. More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 19, 2020

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:26 AM 02-20-2020
This makes my head hurt. Sigh...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:03 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Schefter on ESPN shilling for the league
What else is new. Schefter has always been a shill for the league. Let's be honest this is good for ESPN as well as it's more NFL playoff inventory for them to get their hands on.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:10 AM 02-20-2020
Fans: No one can fuck up the NFL playoffs, it's perfect.

NFL: Hold my spritzer
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yeo. For the love of $$$.
Mahomes gets $200 million, DAX, Cousins, JimmyG gets $30 million, Rodgers, Russell getting $35 million etc.

People in Arrowhead and other NFL stadiums arn't paying for those salaries, TV is. It's just the reality. The players are going along with it or it wouldn't be happening. They are making a money grab too.

In my middle class life, I've lived in different cities temporarily because someone paid me enough money to make it worth my time. Cant fault either side here. Everyone involved in this decision is making a selfish decisions that benefit themselves. This is our culture of capitalism.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yep, keep fixing it until it is broke. :-)
Nascar anybody?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:38 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This may sound like a dumb question, but how would that bracket work?

6 teams play the first week and 3 win and 2 byes...

Maybe all 4 division winners get a bye and then the next 4 best records get in and fight amongst themselves for the right to play the division winners?

I kinda like that...
Who the fuck knows. Both ideas are dumb.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:01 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:

Can’t really bitch at that
You can't??!? It eliminates two teams from getting a bye and dilutes the regular season. If these guys are going to bash their brains in, the regular season should mean something. We wouldn't even have got a bye this post season...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:02 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
We have the best QB and best team. How is that horrible for us?
We had that this year and we wouldn't have gotten a bye based on the new format. Plus, you can be the #2 seed just based on being unlucky or having to face the toughest schedule. Additionally some teams are going to get an one more home game than the rest of them. Total bullshit.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 AM 02-20-2020
I do not see players adding 1-2 more games.
[Reply]
notorious 09:20 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I am fully on their side.

Fuck the owners.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:28 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
A $5 BILLION raise for the players seems to have them rethinking that position.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:38 AM 02-20-2020
The extra playoff game and loss of a 2 seed bye is bullshit. Some dog shit team that got an easy schedule is going to slide into the playoffs on regular basis.

Flipping the last worthless preseason game to the regular season seems logical, if the rosters get adjusted.

I care more about the cap and if there is a qb exemption though. Any info on that yet?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:39 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
in part, you can blame legal gambling. This gives them so much more leverage to screw people with lower seeds winning early rounds, like The Titans this last year.
watered down? makes it beefier and more fun actually. And like you said, Money
I'm not sure legal gambling has much to do w it. There's always going to be plenty of idiots blowing money on gambling. I dont think that has much to do w it.
[Reply]
scho63 09:41 AM 02-20-2020
So one team plays a strength of schedule of say .560 and the other plays a SOS at .445 and the one who plays 8 weak teams gets the top seed at #1.

Yeah, I'm no fan of this on any level. I think the amount of games and structure was perfect.

Baseball Playoffs: Too little
Hockey and NBA: too many
NFL: WAS just perfect

Goodall is the Vince McMahon of the NFL
[Reply]
BWillie 09:43 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
in part, you can blame legal gambling. This gives them so much more leverage to screw people with lower seeds winning early rounds, like The Titans this last year.
watered down? makes it beefier and more fun actually. And like you said, Money
Has nothing to do with gambling. Has more to do with adding games with my TV/streaming revenue.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up