ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is Pat following In Peyton's footsteps?
UChieffyBugger 01:22 AM 02-19-2020
It's well known that during his career Manning was famous for running his own offense and having free reign to audible before the snap..such was his high iq and vast study and knowledge of defenses. Well during the superbowl we saw a historic moment on that 3rd and 15, now known as the "wasp play", which sideline footage showed Pat calling for himself. Having been so right with his call, The question is will Pat start calling his own plays more often moving forward? And will Andy give him the license to do so? I think this will be the next big step In Pat's development tbh...Brady spoke about "having the answers to all the tests"...and this is the road Pat is walking on now.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:14 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
OP what the hell are you thinking, are you an absolute moron? A total idiot? What year did Manning get his first ring? 9th or 11th? Manning is a few forehead inches way from being taken to Area 51 for testing. Mahomes is MVP and Superbowl winner and Superbowl MVP in his 3rd year. Manning was a total shitshow his first year. Manning can't sniff Mahomes jockstrap. Manning is a joke-telling pizza-selling Brad Paisley compatriot - Mahomes is chugging beers and going to Disney World. **** you.
Smh it really blows my mind when I see just how DUMB some folks are around here...it really does.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:17 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Another UQuhieffyBurger production.

Jesus H Christ on a crutch, this may be the worst thread you've ever posted. Which means it may be the single worst thread ever.

EVER.
Lol is this LOSER talking about "threads" when he started the dumbest thread in CP history about Andy Reid? BWAHAHAHA :-)
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:32 AM 02-20-2020
Hopefully that’ll be Pats next step. I think he could start doing it in hurry up situations. I also like for him to start doing the other Peyton and Rodgers thing and catch the defense rotating out players and catch them with the 12 men on the field penalties.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:22 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Hopefully that’ll be Pats next step. I think he could start doing it in hurry up situations. I also like for him to start doing the other Peyton and Rodgers thing and catch the defense rotating out players and catch them with the 12 men on the field penalties.
Great points and they did actually run a hurry up offense after the 3rd and 15, right? He's a master at making the dedense jump early as well so yes, catching them rotating is the next step.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:39 AM 02-20-2020
Manning used to drive me crazy- he would rush them to the line and then spend the entire time changing the play, making the defense stay in its stance until finally calling for the snap as the clock was almost to zero. This shit just mentally wears out a D.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:37 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
jeez dude. he's just a jock who runs to a sideline and throws. Weve seen that from multiple QBs for 40 years. Never before seen? meh, seen plenty.

look, point blank, he wont be the Next Manning Or what ever. KC might get another down the line,maybe. This was just the book end of Missouri getting 3 championships in 3 sports.
Might get quite a few playoff appearances like Seattle Seahawks.
i'm 54 ,Watched sports a long time. Mahomes wont be the next nfl demi god, Favre/Manning/Elway, what ever. Just another successful at one time, jock.
Enjoy SB 54! probably gonna be a long ass time before another one.
a season of coming from behind in 3 playoff games in a row, is never happening again. it was a magical year. Its now over.
Obviously you haven't paid any attention to recent events in the AFC. First, the Patriot dominance is over. Not only in the AFC, but also in their own division. Second, the top AFC teams that are left in the AFC aren't going to be serious contenders against the Chiefs for some time to come. So the Chiefs have a fairly clear path to the Super Bowl for the next 4-6 years at a minimum. Given Mahomes' statistical scoring efficiency in the playoffs so far, it's mathematically likely we'll win at least 1 if not 2 more Super bowls in that frame. If he appears in just one more Super bowl he's a lock for the HOF. Dipstick.

He's already better than Favre, and will likely surpass Elway statistically, as well as nearly every other QB in NFL history.

But even if he doesn't stick around long enough to own every major QB stat, he's still permanently changed how the NFL looks at QBs.

He's the NFL version of Michael Jordan; he's broken the mold of what a QB should play like forever.

The mere fact that you can't understand what Mahomes has done in his short career makes you an idiot of epic proportions.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:26 PM 02-20-2020
Choke artists dont go to 4 super bowls. Vinnie Testaverde, Mark Sanchez...someone like that. Those are choke artists.
False.

Jim Kelly says hello. 4 straight SB losses.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:30 PM 02-20-2020
Choke artists dont go to 4 super bowls. Vinnie Testaverde, Mark Sanchez...someone like that. Those are choke artists.
Jim Kelly went to and lost four consecutive Super Bowls.

Fran Tarkenton went to three Super Bowls, and obviously lost all three of them. I thought you said you were 54 and along-time sports follower?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:22 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Jim Kelly went to and lost four consecutive Super Bowls.

Fran Tarkenton went to three Super Bowls, and obviously lost all three of them. I thought you said you were 54 and along-time sports follower?
. Reaching the SB means= not a choke artist over the body of a career. These players are remembered for being winners. Losers don't reach super bowls.

Jim Kelly,Fran Tarkenton, Peyton Manning are professional winners in postseason play.
You can't reach a SB being a choke artist.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:43 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Obviously you haven't paid any attention to recent events in the AFC. First, the Patriot dominance is over. Not only in the AFC, but also in their own division. Second, the top AFC teams that are left in the AFC aren't going to be serious contenders against the Chiefs for some time to come. So the Chiefs have a fairly clear path to the Super Bowl for the next 4-6 years at a minimum. Given Mahomes' statistical scoring efficiency in the playoffs so far, it's mathematically likely we'll win at least 1 if not 2 more Super bowls in that frame. If he appears in just one more Super bowl he's a lock for the HOF. Dipstick.

He's already better than Favre, and will likely surpass Elway statistically, as well as nearly every other QB in NFL history.

But even if he doesn't stick around long enough to own every major QB stat, he's still permanently changed how the NFL looks at QBs.

He's the NFL version of Michael Jordan; he's broken the mold of what a QB should play like forever.

The mere fact that you can't understand what Mahomes has done in his short career makes you an idiot of epic proportions.
You're counting a hell of alot of chickens that may never hatch.

Lol he's not remotely the nfl Michael Jordan and he's not the first either. Randall Cunningham, Vick etc. Nothing new under the sun.
I think he's athletic. I think he's entertaining. Im glad KC got one!
But I doubt any of your hyperbole comes to pass.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 AM 04-10-2020
jeez dude. he's just a jock who runs to a sideline and throws. Weve seen that from multiple QBs for 40 years. Never before seen? meh, seen plenty.

look, point blank, he wont be the Next Manning Or what ever. KC might get another down the line,maybe. This was just the book end of Missouri getting 3 championships in 3 sports.
i'm 54 ,Watched sports a long time. Mahomes wont be the next nfl demi god, Favre/Manning/Elway, what ever. Just another successful at one time, jock.
a season of coming from behind in 3 playoff games in a row, is never happening again. it was a magical year. Its now over.
This fucking idiot is a DC turd. "Look how long I've lived! That makes me smart and wise! I'm old and know many things! You are all naive!"

Of all the thumbs down posts, this one pisses me off the most.

Fuck this CarlosCarson dipshit with AIDS.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:14 AM 04-10-2020

If Ford doesn't line up offside, Mahomes could be 2 for 2 in Super Bowl titles. Hell, I will go one further. If Andy would have stayed with Mahomes in the playoffs following his first start in Denver, you just never know. Might have been 3 for 3. Look at how he opened the first 4 games of season 2. We were supposed to lose to San Diego, to Pittsburgh, to San Francisco, to Denver, and to Jacksonville. He lit four of those teams up, and balled out in the 4th quarter in Denver.
[Reply]
bowener 12:30 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
If Ford doesn't line up offside, Mahomes could be 2 for 2 in Super Bowl titles. Hell, I will go one further. If Andy would have stayed with Mahomes in the playoffs following his first start in Denver, you just never know. Might have been 3 for 3. Look at how he opened the first 4 games of season 2. We were supposed to lose to San Diego, to Pittsburgh, to San Francisco, to Denver, and to Jacksonville. He lit four of those teams up, and balled out in the 4th quarter in Denver.
I want to disagree because it sounds absurd, but I can't. Chiefs would have beaten the Rams last year for sure.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:54 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I want to disagree because it sounds absurd, but I can't. Chiefs would have beaten the Rams last year for sure.
It does sound absurd, and we will never know. One thing, we would still have Bob as our DC. And if you really look at that 2nd pass batted down by Chris Jones on 2nd down right after we had pulled back to 21-17 in the Super Bowl, it looks like that play is all on Spags and not Jones. Everyone on the 49ers is lined up to the right side of the formation, or tight on the left side. Suggs is our LDE, and drops into pass coverage. Jones is lined up on our right side, and slides over to Suggs's spot, and puts his hands up into what I am sure is the hot read for Jimmy G based on what he read at the snap. Looks much more like Spags making a great play, and everyone just doing their job including Jones.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:58 PM 04-10-2020
It took Manning a really long time to beat Brady and get his first ring. Mahomes is already done that.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up