ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Pick ONE punt returner for the all-decade team of the 2010s.
Javier Arenas - 47 Games, 105 Returns, 1029 Yards, 9.8 Yards Per Return, 0 Touchdown Returns 0 0%
Tyreek Hill - 59 Games, 85 Returns, 1009 Yards, 11.87 Yards Per Return, 4 Touchdown Returns 106 91.38%
Dexter McCluster - 58 Games, 79 Returns, 959 Yards, 12.14 Yards Per Return, 3 Touchdown Returns 8 6.90%
De'Anthony Thomas - 61 Games, 85 Returns, 751 Yards, 8.84 Yards Per Return, 1 Touchdown Returns 0 0%
Frankie Hammond - 26 Games, 29 Returns, 315 Yards, 10.86 Yards Per Return, 0 Touchdown Returns 0 0%
Mecole Hardman - 16 Games, 18 Returns, 167 Yards, 9.28 Yards Per Return, 0 Touchdown Returns 1 0.86%
Write-in below. 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs All-Decade Team - Punt Returner
Rain Man 12:09 PM 02-18-2020
With the end of the decade, it's time for us to select our all-decade team for the 2010s. Credit to Direckshun for the idea; I'm just implementing it.

Here are the rules:

1. I'll put up lists of position groups one at a time.

2. Each list will contain guys who had at least one notable stat line in their career. I'll generally put them in descending order of some key stat.

3. The stats will contain ONLY their body of work between 2010 and 2019 for the Chiefs. No pre-2010 stats and no stats for other teams.

4. The number of roster spots will be the same as the number of roster spots on the 2019 Super Bowl roster for the Chiefs.

5. You can use whatever criteria you want to select the team. It can be total stats for the decade, it can be dominance in a shorter period, it can be playmakers who didn't screw up badly, whatever. It's your call. Feel free to use any criteria not listed in your decision. For example, if you know that Terrance Copper was an amazing blocker, you can build that into your decision.

6. In a subsequent poll we will determine which players are the starters on the all-decade team. In the first round, you're just going to fill the 53-man roster.

Our next position group is punt returner. ONE punt returner will make the all-decade team. So pick ONE punt returner.
[Reply]
redfan 12:59 PM 02-18-2020
Dangit, I didn't look at the years. Was gonna vote Dante Hall, but gotta go 'Reek.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:13 PM 02-18-2020
Dexter because his stats are good and reek will get in at wr. I'll take the variety in roster construction.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:31 PM 02-18-2020
I'm curious. When Tyreek returned that free kick on Denver for a touchdown after a safety, does that count as a kickoff return or a punt return? Or neither?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:43 PM 02-18-2020
This kind of gets weird. If Tyreek wins this one, does that mean we get to have an extra WR to fill out the roster?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:53 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This kind of gets weird. If Tyreek wins this one, does that mean we get to have an extra WR to fill out the roster?
I think we'll have a roster exemption for kick and punt returners. I wasn't sure how to handle that.
[Reply]
loochy 02:03 PM 02-18-2020
Reek-a-leek!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:28 PM 02-18-2020
Dex was a damn good punt returner torpedoed by the disappointment he was on offense
[Reply]
DiaperBoy27 02:52 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't remember McCluster having that much success either...
He had a punt return TD in the opening of new Arrowhead in 2010.

That was one of the most lit games I've ever been to, probably because it was MNF with a 9pm kickoff, after a Royals game that afternoon. People must've been tailgating for 12 hours.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:00 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by DiaperBoy27:

That was one of the most lit games I've ever been to, probably because it was MNF with a 9pm kickoff, after a Royals game that afternoon. People must've been tailgating for 12 hours.
He had a couple of punt return TDs in 2013. Reids first year in KC. And decent receiving stats. 500+ yards

As mentioned, Reid knew how to use him. Then they knew not to overpay him and didn't re-sign him.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:06 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Teams kicked away from Tyreek a lot.

I don't remember McCluster having that much success either... All I think of is his stupid spin move that never worked and getting destroyed on screens and short passes.
Those things did happen a lot but he also made some big plays here and there as well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:13 PM 02-18-2020
Teams are terrified of punting to Tyreek. That tells you everything you need to know.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:04 PM 02-18-2020
Probably should have done Hardman. He returned really well in the playoffs. But it’s Hill.

Fuck all those bitches from Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 02-18-2020
It's not close; Tyreek is the most dangerous PR the Chiefs have had in the 2010s. Maybe ever.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:22 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's got to be an explanation for this, right? Maybe teams were kicking higher and shorter to get coverage on Tyreek, right? Or maybe a lot punts went out of bounds unless they had the ability to pin Tyreek back in a corner, right? There has to be an explanation. THERE HAS TO BE AN EXPLANATION!
Part of it is dudes were like NOPE and kicked it away from him. That counts as a 0 on the return, right?

He also ran backwards a lot. It wouldn’t take very many negative runs to wreck an average. It’s fine with me because he scored on a bunch of that.
[Reply]
TLO 06:44 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by DiaperBoy27:

In the rain, if I recall correctly. I remember that play.

Originally Posted by lcarus:
Those things did happen a lot but he also made some big plays here and there as well.
You're probably right, but I had higher expectations for him as an offensive weapon I think. That's why I look back at him as a disappointment. The numbers don't lie - he was a good punt returner.

Unless he fumbled a bunch? I don't really remember if he did. I know Hill has had a few fumbles on punt returns.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up