ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Owners approve new CBA
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:09 PM 02-20-2020

Here is the memo that the NFL has accepted the terms of the new proposed CBA: pic.twitter.com/yRYZc3anSB

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 20, 2020

[Reply]
BossChief 09:01 PM 02-21-2020
It should be 50-50
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:06 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It should be 50-50
No. 51/49. I can’t think of any big business where the employees receive 50% of the revenue.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
No. 51/49. I can’t think of any big business where the employees receive 50% of the revenue.
Most big companies don’t get Antitrust Exemptions
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 09:32 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
First off, I based that figure on the current CBA and TV contracts.

$11 Billion x .52/32, for a total of $180 million and change for each team. That number does not include stadium revenue, ticket revenue nor team memorabilia, which is the only income not shared between all 32 teams.

Secondly, I have no idea what their Net Profit would be because I don't have access to their entire revenue stream nor expenses. I'd wager to guess they have plenty left over after paying their employees and insurance.

Lastly, I do not believe, at this point in time, that the players should have a higher percentage of Gross Revenues, even though those gross revenues are not shared with anyone outside of the NFL. I think a 51/49 split, Owners to Players or 50/50 would certainly be agreeable.

52/48, when the financials are closed to everyone outside of each organization, is bunk, IMNSHO.
I think, before looking, that the league gets ticket sales. The individual owner gets the concessions etc
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:35 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
I think, before looking, that the league gets ticket sales. The individual owner gets the concessions etc
It's a 60/40 split, with the Home Team getting the larger share.

Those revenues are not split with the other 30 teams.

And once again, that's not included in the TV money.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 09:40 PM 02-21-2020
It's a 60/40 split, with the Home Team getting the larger share.

Those revenues are not split with the other 30 teams.

And once again, that's not included in the TV money.
Well, 60/40 means they don't get it all. 40% is a huge chunk. Just like your taxes.
Except they're still billionaires and we aint
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 PM 02-21-2020
Well, 60/40 means they don't get it all. 40% is a huge chunk. Just like your taxes.
Except they're still billionaires and we aint
Each Home Team receives 60% of the gate.

Each Away Team receives 40% of the gate.

It's absolutely nothing like taxation.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 09:54 PM 02-21-2020
Each Home Team receives 60% of the gate.

Each Away Team receives 40% of the gate.

It's absolutely nothing like taxation.
Oh,I thought you ment league gets 40 %.
Actually it is like taxation, for us. We keep spending money we don't have and they get richer.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:23 PM 02-21-2020
Oh,I thought you ment league gets 40 %.
Actually it is like taxation, for us. We keep spending money we don't have and they get richer.
Nobody makes you go to the games.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:54 AM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Nobody makes you go to the games.

no one makes you pay taxes either. Think about that one :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:02 AM 02-22-2020
no one makes you pay taxes either. Think about that one :-)
The IRS makes you pay taxes. You fucking idiot. You won't go to jail if you don't go to the game, but you sure will if you don't pay your taxes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:15 AM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
if they are getting a percentage of revenue why does that matter?
Yeah. Players be bad at math.

The problem isn't the NFL players or the Team Reps, it's DeMaurice Smith.

The players were locked out in 2011 and what did the players really get? Well, a decrease in the overall share of revenues (47%) in exchange for less practice time in pads during the week and substantially less offseason participation, which has led to far more injuries, less parity and more tanking.

Eric Winston, the current NFLPA President is now retired, so as of March, he's no longer eligible to represent the players. It's probably a wise move on their part to elect a new NFLPA President, then elect a new head of the Player's Union, with the ultimate goal of getting a higher percentage of revenues, better post-NFL heathcare, a 16 game season and no THC testing.

Otherwise, they're screwing themselves.
Yeah Smith is a major problem in my opinion.

Every interview I’ve heard with him for 3 years has been him screaming about how bad the owners are. I couldn’t believe that was the position they were beginning negotiations from. It was ridiculous.

Pure speculation here, but here’s what I think. He’s a labor douche not a football guy. They brought him in, when it’s always been football guys before specifically to bargain with the owners better. Cool.

So he gets straight woodshedded by the owners. That was as garbage of a deal as has been negotiated professionally since the time of Rockefeller. I’d have quit and found another profession. So he thinks now he’s got to make it all up in one deal. So he’s been playing hardball since the last deal was signed.

His blockheaded approach is only going to lose his constituents money.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:51 PM 02-22-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The IRS makes you pay taxes. You ****ing idiot. You won't go to jail if you don't go to the game, but you sure will if you don't pay your taxes.

I'm talking about the actual letter of the law . There is nothing that indicates a need to pay.
The irs is a pretend hall monitor and people just obey.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up