ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is NOT a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 05:24 PM 01-12-2020
I seent it.
[Reply]
Danguardace 06:11 AM 02-20-2020
For some reason I listened to Will Caine's Podcast the day after the superbowl and he was claiming the 49ers "Model" are the proper way to build success.

Andy Reid/Chiefs have made the play-offs 5 season in a row (winning the division 4 times)
49ers 1 winning season in the same spell

It is amazing these clowns get paid to spew this stuff
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:35 AM 02-20-2020
I loved how intently Andy was managing the clock at the end of the SB so he didn't have to turn it back to them on 4th down. He was enjoying himself with some epic SB clock management!
[Reply]
burt 11:00 AM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Every team would be thrilled to have Andy. There's only one team that you could argue Andy wouldnt be an upgrade and that's the Pats.
Not arguable that he'd be a moral upgrade.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:48 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
For some reason I listened to Will Caine's Podcast the day after the superbowl and he was claiming the 49ers "Model" are the proper way to build success.

Andy Reid/Chiefs have made the play-offs 5 season in a row (winning the division 4 times)

The 49ers model isn't a bad idea at all. It does, though, take a ton of patience. You have to lose a LOT to have high picks for that many years, get the core to advance, while finding your franchise QB. I'm not convinced the Niners have done the latter, yet.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:49 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I loved how intently Andy was managing the clock at the end of the SB so he didn't have to turn it back to them on 4th down. He was enjoying himself with some epic SB clock management!
Yeah, but, his clock-management sucks/CP

The longball launch was awesome.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:58 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

The way the 49ers built their team is a winning formula, historically speaking. Top-10 O, top-10 D, and a game-manager QB has won more SBs than teams with a superstar QB and only a middle-of-the-pack D.

The problem this year was that they ran into a hot Chiefs team on both sides of the ball and the best QB the NFL has ever seen. If they had played any of the other AFC playoff teams, the 49ers probably would've won.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:00 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The 49ers model isn't a bad idea at all. It does, though, take a ton of patience. You have to lose a LOT to have high picks for that many years, get the core to advance, while finding your franchise QB. I'm not convinced the Niners have done the latter, yet.
Jimmy G isn't even Alex Smith.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:01 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The way the 49ers built their team is a winning formula, historically speaking. Top-10 O, top-10 D, and a game-manager QB has won more SBs than teams with a superstar QB and only a middle-of-the-pack D.

The problem this year was that they ran into a hot Chiefs team on both sides of the ball and the best QB the NFL has ever seen. If they had played any of the other AFC playoff teams, the 49ers probably would've won.
The better QB usually wins.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:12 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The better QB usually wins.
This is true, all other things being equal. But if one team has a significantly better defense, or significantly better coach, etc., those things can tip in the game-manager QB's favor. And let's face it, there are a lot more better-than-average QBs than there are superstar QBs out there.

Just a few examples would be 1984, Joe Montana beats Dan Marino. Marino was without question the more talented QB.

1986, John Elway is unquestionably better than Phil Simms.

1990, Jim Kelly is a far better QB than Jeff Hostetler.

1992, Jim Kelly was probably a better QB than Troy Aikman.

2001, Kurt Warner was probably a better QB than Tom Brady in his first SB appearance.

My only point being that just having the better QB, or just the better offense/defense, but lacking greatly in another phase isn't necessarily the winning formula. Historically speaking, your chances are better if your team as a whole is among the best in the league, and then you can get by with just a better-than-average QB instead of needing a great one.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:05 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Every team would be thrilled to have Andy. There's only one team that you could argue Andy wouldnt be an upgrade and that's the Pats.
Russell Wilson with Andy Reid would be about as scary as pat mahomes and Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up