ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3881 of 3903
« First < 2881338137813831387138773878387938803881 38823883388438853891 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Otter 11:40 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We had it last week/this week. First my voice went to crap for 2 days. Then one evening I got the headache/congestion/fever/muscle aches and went to bed wearing layers, but by the morning I did not have a fever anymore. The headache lasted a couple of days, the congestion and light cough lasted a few more. Normal OTC meds handled the headache and cough mostly. Totally fine after 1 week. Same for my better half. She had a strong positive on an at-home test, I had a very weak positive. It was like having a bad head cold I would say.
I had the OG and the biggest complication was the back of my neck felt like I got kicked by a horse. Had to turn around with my feet as opposed to being able to turn my neck.

No taste or smell issues and only a slight fever. Weird virus.
[Reply]
JewishPrincess 06:39 PM 04-27-2022
I somehow haven't caught it yet. Praise Jesus!
[Reply]
TLO 06:34 AM 05-02-2022
So this new mutation is even more transmissible than the last. At what point does this thing burn itself out?

It can't go on indefinitely becoming more and more transmissible, right?
[Reply]
sedated 10:04 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
So this new mutation is even more transmissible than the last. At what point does this thing burn itself out?

I was under the impression the last mutation was so contagious that its pretty much assumed everyone living a "normal" life got it.

I went to a store this weekend and the guy ringing me up was talking about how he tested positive for Covid but they still made him work. Maybe I disregarded more than I should but honestly just shrugged my shoulders and went on with my day.
[Reply]
TLO 10:18 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I was under the impression the last mutation was so contagious that its pretty much assumed everyone living a "normal" life got it.

I went to a store this weekend and the guy ringing me up was talking about how he tested positive for Covid but they still made him work. Maybe I disregarded more than I should but honestly just shrugged my shoulders and went on with my day.
Well now this sub-variant is supposedly 50% more transmissible. But call now... and we'll throw in 2 FREE booster shots!!!
[Reply]
TLO 10:20 AM 05-02-2022
We're approaching Measles level of transmissibility. That's stupid. Just go the fuck away already.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:27 AM 05-02-2022

It seems to be becoming less deadly so what I expect is that everybody is getting exposed in one way or another and even though its mutating there's some level of immunity becoming established. Basically like the regular flu that's a different variant every year ,and kills a number of people, this will be the same.
[Reply]
TLO 11:33 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It seems to be becoming less deadly so what I expect is that everybody is getting exposed in one way or another and even though its mutating there's some level of immunity becoming established. Basically like the regular flu that's a different variant every year ,and kills a number of people, this will be the same.
It's way more transmissible than the flu.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:36 AM 05-02-2022
Is it more transmissible than measles at this point?
[Reply]
jdubya 11:36 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by JewishPrincess:
I somehow haven't caught it yet. Praise Jesus!
I see what you did there, funny.......Keep PB in line
[Reply]
TLO 03:53 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Is it more transmissible than measles at this point?
“This virus has probably got tricks we haven’t seen yet,” virologist Robert F. Garry of Tulane University said. “We know it’s probably not quite as infectious as measles yet, but it’s creeping up there, for sure.”
[Reply]
TLO 07:33 AM 05-08-2022
DaFace are you feeling back to normal?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:52 AM 05-08-2022
DaFace are you feeling back to normal?
Yeah, I'd say I'm 95% fine at this point. Still some very slight congestion, and my wife got it after me and is a week or so behind with some more moderate congestion, but that's about it. Taste is back for the most part, and we went on a moderate hike yesterday, so it's not like there are any breathing issues. Thanks for checking in!
[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Otter:
I had the OG and the biggest complication was the back of my neck felt like I got kicked by a horse. Had to turn around with my feet as opposed to being able to turn my neck.
Oddly, I'm kind of dealing with this right now, though I hadn't made any connection to covid (and I'm still not really sure that that's the case). I've had recurring upper back issues for years, and this is one of the worst bouts I've had. I'm trying to just be better about exercising and posture, which has taken care of it in the past. Your comment does make me wonder if it's connected, though...
[Reply]
loochy 09:38 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Oddly, I'm kind of dealing with this right now, though I hadn't made any connection to covid (and I'm still not really sure that that's the case). I've had recurring upper back issues for years, and this is one of the worst bouts I've had. I'm trying to just be better about exercising and posture, which has taken care of it in the past. Your comment does make me wonder if it's connected, though...
It's just a symptom of the full body inflammation from the covid induced cytokines.

I tend to get really bad back and joint aches from flus and fevers.
[Reply]
Page 3881 of 3903
« First < 2881338137813831387138773878387938803881 38823883388438853891 > Last »
Up