ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2891 of 3903
« First < 1891239127912841288128872888288928902891 289228932894289529012941299133913891 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:57 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I agree that false negatives have been more widely covered with PCR because false positives are not as prevalent due to the hypersensitivity of the test. The issue that is becoming more clear is the limited insight from a positive result. Though it is not technically a "false positive", it essentially is in terms of what determining whether the individual is at risk to the community at the time of testing.
But wouldn't that be because we got a late start on testing then our infection got out of control and we didn't and still don't have the capacity? It seems like only in the late May to mid June timeframe when the infections were relatively low where turn around times was 24-48 hours.

Here is something I read the other day that basically says 40% of our tests were useless.

Originally Posted by :
Health experts say two days or less is optimal for returning Covid-19 test results to make them useful for stopping transmission. If test results take more than three days, people are unlikely to self-quarantine and getting in touch with the people they interact with during that time — potentially spreading virus — can be difficult.

“It’s really clear that if tests take more than 48 hours, you’ve lost the window for contact tracing,” Dr. Ashish Jha, professor of global health at Harvard University, said in an interview. “I think, basically, beyond 72 hours, the test is close to useless.”

A survey run by CNBC in partnership with Dynata, a global data and survey firm, suggests almost 40% of Americans had to wait more than three days for their results, rendering them — by Jha’s definition — useless.
With that being said I am in total agreement we need to get past PCR testing and have quick reliable testing even ones we can take at home with instant results.
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 08-21-2020
That’s the problem even if you test positive you may have cleared the infectious period 3 weeks ago
[Reply]
kgrund 01:57 PM 08-21-2020
O.city you seem to know far more then I do about this so I will ask you. Is it possible we could get back to more a semblance of normalcy in living with this virus simply by changing the means we test for it?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:00 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Since we seeing more schools get infections\spreads especially in Georgia a teacher from Olathe has created a spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Dr_8u9KF_LlgI#
Garbage data in, garbage data out. The Covid-19 story.
[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
O.city you seem to know far more then I do about this so I will ask you. Is it possible we could get back to more a semblance of normalcy in living with this virus simply by changing the means we test for it?
Well, the more we learn about it the more we seem to find out a few things. For one, asymptomatic spread doesn’t seem to be a huge factor. So we do need tests that are actually testing to see when you’re the most infectious. So that would allow us to know who needs to quarantine

The problem with pcr is people who aren’t showing symptoms have to quarantine because of a test when they may be not able to make infect others

So yeah testing could help in that manner. But you open other issues with more less “accurate” testing as well:

If you know who’s got it and you can catch it early you could smother it down ideally. So in short.....I dunno. Maybe maybe not
[Reply]
SupDock 02:34 PM 08-21-2020
Wrong post
[Reply]
TLO 08:27 PM 08-21-2020
Went out with my girlfriend and her two kiddos to mini golf and go-karts tonight. Outside. Beautiful weather. Had an awesome time.

First time life has felt semi-normal for more than a few minutes in months.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:28 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Went out with my girlfriend and her two kiddos to mini golf and go-karts tonight. Outside. Beautiful weather. Had an awesome time.

First time life has felt semi-normal for more than a few minutes in months.
Living life is epic.....don’t tell DilDong lol
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:30 AM 08-22-2020
Finally, there appears to be a light at the end of this fucking nightmare of a tunnel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84L9kQezYQ
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 08-22-2020
Hoping the IFR keeps dropping.

Guessing we end up about 0.25%
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:03 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Finally, there appears to be a light at the end of this fucking nightmare of a tunnel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84L9kQezYQ

Best news I’ve heard in a while. Thank you for sharing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:57 PM 08-22-2020
I haven't really paid much attention to models of late but the new IHME model came out yesterday and they are projecting alot more deaths, 310K by December. I was surprised by that then I realized that is just averaging around 1200 deaths per day which is close to what we are at right now. That is hard to comprehend.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:52 PM 08-22-2020
California continues to get better. More counties are dropping off the "monitoring list" including San Diego.

https://patch.com/california/lamorin...nday-august-17
[Reply]
TLO 03:59 PM 08-22-2020
I haven't really paid much attention to models of late but the new IHME model came out yesterday and they are projecting alot more deaths, 310K by December. I was surprised by that then I realized that is just averaging around 1200 deaths per day which is close to what we are at right now. That is hard to comprehend.
They have us hitting 5k deaths a day by December.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:16 PM 08-22-2020
Not really. I guess it depends on what you mean by "close"? We had 2 weeks with some consecutive high days but since August 8th we have only had 3 days above 1,200 thankfully.

Deaths are looking like they have rolled over a bit so I don't know that I can buy into their model as of yet.

FTR, the 7 day moving average of deaths has not been over 1,200 since the end of May. The 3 day hasn't been over 1,200 in almost 10 days.
[Reply]
Page 2891 of 3903
« First < 1891239127912841288128872888288928902891 289228932894289529012941299133913891 > Last »
Up