ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2879 of 3903
« First < 1879237927792829286928752876287728782879 288028812882288328892929297933793879 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:24 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wouldn't you rather just get it and get it over with at this point dude?
Nah. Ima stay home and be safe the rest of my life
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:31 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Yep cuz that's what everyone is saying. You have to be one of the biggest douchebag dipshits on CP.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:38 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Now thats what I call a Public Service!
[Reply]
TLO 04:43 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Maybe TLO has some concerning conditions?
Nothing that I'm aware of. I'm a smoker, but that's actually shown to possibly be a positive with this virus, so that's a thing.

Likely not enough close contact.
I don't think so either. Even if I was exposed, the amount I was exposed to likely wouldn't be very high.

I'm just hopeful she isn't positive due to the patients she sees.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:43 PM 08-19-2020
Olathe just announced 2 days a week for elementary and remote for HS and JHS. I love how they site the DoE guidelines but ignore that those guidelines say elementary kids should be in school.

So it's like they want to follow the guidelines but not really......fucking bullshit
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:44 PM 08-19-2020
Not that I liked going there but RIP Tapcade.

KC's downtown taking a n-o-s-e-d-i-v-e
[Reply]
petegz28 04:44 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Notre dame with 147 cases in the first 2 weeks of school.

They have stopped almost all in-class school programs.
Cases means what??? 85% of cases are either asymptomatic or very mild. So we have to start transitioning to what "cases" means. I admit it can mean different things for different people but that's with any virus for that matter.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:43 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, we're sending all of our kids back to school in person, but why couldn't a 7 year old learn over a computer? What am I missing?
Depends on the kid. One of my girls has special needs, and I just found out today that she will have to follow the district protocol (whereas other kids with disabilities will be allowed to attend in class four days per week), which likely means three days of online instruction at best each week (and potentially five if cases stay where they're at).

She's had a para with her from K-2, and has issues with vision, gross motor, fine motor skills, and attentiveness. They are going to try to administer services to her virtually, which I think is an absolute fool's errand. Both my wife and I work and neither one of us are trained in special education. I honestly don't know how we're going to do it. I'm trying desperately to find someone with a SpEd background to come into the house on the days when they'll have virtual instruction, but that is going to be both incredibly difficult to find and expensive.

Honestly, it's a nightmare.
[Reply]
TLO 06:57 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Depends on the kid. One of my girls has special needs, and I just found out today that she will have to follow the district protocol (whereas other kids with disabilities will be allowed to attend in class four days per week), which likely means three days of online instruction at best each week (and potentially five if cases stay where they're at).

She's had a para with her from K-2, and has issues with vision, gross motor, fine motor skills, and attentiveness. They are going to try to administer services to her virtually, which I think is an absolute fool's errand. Both my wife and I work and neither one of us are trained in special education. I honestly don't know how we're going to do it. I'm trying desperately to find someone with a SpEd background to come into the house on the days when they'll have virtual instruction, but that is going to be both incredibly difficult to find and expensive.

If you pay well and want to fly me out, I could do it for you. I work adults with special needs now, but my passion has always been helping younger kiddos with special needs.

I'm joking about flying me out, but that truly is my passion.

I hope you find the right person.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 08-19-2020

That's a tough situation, hamas. I hope you can get something worked out.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:14 PM 08-19-2020

I'm sorry to hear that. That's tough. Good vibes headed your way.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:28 PM 08-19-2020

Well that's a bunch of horse shit. Why does she not get to go 4 days a week as well?

With you being the father of a child with special needs Im sure you already know about IEPs. Since other children with special needs are going to be allowed to go 4 days a week, then I think you could get something in her IEP that states she must be doing in person learning. Hell you might not even need that specifically stated in her IEP. I was looking at https://dese.mo.gov/special-educatio...on-program-iep and they have a newly revised Form G now for distanced learning and that form is only used if the school is closed. If the school isn't closed they may be required to allow her to go to school on days that the school is open.

This is the purpose of Form G for IEP's

PURPOSE: This form is designed to support individualized student planning for the delivery of special education and related services on days when school facilities are closed. It is recommended this form be used in conjunction with the companion document, Implementation guidance for alternative methods of instruction (AMI) days for students with disabilities, for additional information and strategies to support the planning of services and supports.

Also I know you said your wife and yourself work and aren't trained in special education, but I believe you can request training. This is also in the form

Parental and staff input on priorities needed for the student during closures (technology, instructional materials, instructional supports available in the home, training needed for parents in order to support distance learning in the home):

My sister has her masters in education and is an elementary school teacher and im pretty sure she said that schools must accommodate everything in an IEP regardless of costs. If you could get it worked out in the IEP that she must have someone in your home for instructional support I believe the school will have to pay for a para in the home.

I may be completely wrong with this and maybe someone else told me that stuff about IEPs, but it's definitely worth checking out(if you haven't already).

I hope you get everything figured out.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:22 AM 08-20-2020
I agree. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take precautions or be concerned with exposure.

Marcellus said we should all just willingly “get it over with.” Yeah, that’s faulty thinking.

Keep all businesses open. Wear a mask and distance from others as much as possible. Limit your risk but still live life. Don’t just say **** it though. It’s too variable for why certain younger people are getting severe cases.
Actually I didn't say that at all. I asked TLO if he didn't want to just get it and get it over with. He specifically spends a ton of time worried about it.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:26 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Actually I didn't say that at all. I asked TLO if he didn't want to just get it and get it over with. He specifically spends a ton of time worried about it.
I’d rather wait as long as I can so the therapeutics are that much better, just in case it hits me, or anyone I happen to expose, hard.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:30 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I’d rather wait as long as I can so the therapeutics are that much better, just in case it hits me, or anyone I happen to expose, hard.
To each their own.
[Reply]
Page 2879 of 3903
« First < 1879237927792829286928752876287728782879 288028812882288328892929297933793879 > Last »
Up