ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will KC's 2021 offense be superior to the 2018 version?
Hell yes! 24 50.00%
Not quite 18 37.50%
Not even close 3 6.25%
Kareem Hunt can suck my johnson 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 offense vs 2018
RaidersOftheCellar 09:59 AM 06-15-2021
Can this offense be "better" than 2018? Statistically or otherwise?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think more of the "dink and dunk" slowed down offense the past couple years has been because of the OL and how defenses are playing them than by choice.

They've definitely made an effort to be more efficient, which is great. But I think they were kind of forced to do that when the OL went to shambles and defenses just drop so many and could get after it with 4.

Thats no longer the case. I think we see them just blast teams.
It’s gonna be so fun for Patrick this year. He’s literally gonna go up the line pre-snap and all he has to do is look at the LB’s.

Are they in base? Okay Kelce, Tyreek or Hardman/Gray will be 1v1.

Are they in nickel or dime defense on 1st/2nd down or 3rd and <5? Okay we’re pounding the rock.

I foresee a ton of 11 and 12 personnel which is going to force the defenses to be really frustrated bc we could have success running or passing
[Reply]
RunKC 11:39 AM 06-15-2021
Seriously WTF do you do if you are a defense looking at this formation with the Chiefs weapons, QB and new OL? You are literally ****ed

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:55 AM 06-15-2021
Could it POTENTIALLY be better than 2018? Yes.

But it won't be. And the reasoning is simple. It doesn't have to be.

The 2018 _efense was so bad that Patrick had to do what he did to win games. You didn't see that much in 2019 or 2020 (outside of a few isolated games here and there), because those defenses could actually gets stops and get teams off the field. Not always consistently, but enough to where your offense didn't feel they needed to score everytime they had the ball.

So, no, the 2021 offense will not be as good as the 2018 offense, because they won't ever need to be.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:01 PM 06-15-2021
It will be hard to replicate defenses being caught completely off-guard for what Mahomes is capable of.

We might be more efficient though
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:03 PM 06-15-2021
If CEH proves he can be on par with 2018 Kareem Hunt and Mecole Hardman can be on par with 2018 Sammy Watkins then the 2021 offense will be superior to 2018.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:04 PM 06-15-2021
I think more of the "dink and dunk" slowed down offense the past couple years has been because of the OL and how defenses are playing them than by choice.

They've definitely made an effort to be more efficient, which is great. But I think they were kind of forced to do that when the OL went to shambles and defenses just drop so many and could get after it with 4.

Thats no longer the case. I think we see them just blast teams.
Yep. They were forced to abandon the bombs away approach due to shitty protection and the fact that no one had to respect the run game. Their efficiency and Andy’s creativity hid how bad the line was for most of the season.

I think we’ll see the best of both worlds. A more efficient version of bombs away.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:36 PM 06-15-2021
We're lacking the tertiary weapon that the 2018 Chiefs had in both Kareem Hunt and Sammy Watkins.

CEH needs to take a big step this season -- he simply didn't grasp the passing elements of the playbook, and even if he does it's not obvious he'll ever be Kareem Hunt.

That being said, I'm actually pretty bullish on Hardman. I don't think he reaches Sammy heights, but I think he'll become a legit #2 this season.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:15 PM 06-15-2021
2021 O Line>>>2018 O Line

Watkins>Hardman

Hunt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CEH

It'll be close but I'd lean 2018 simply because Kareem was so much better than CEH.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:47 PM 06-15-2021
It’s debatable that the 2021 OL was better than the 2018.

Brown and Fisher are both Pro Bowl LTs
Thuney blows all 2018 guards out
Creed Humphrey is probably good but Morse was definitely good
RG is a question in 2021, LDT was pretty good in 2018
RT is a question in 2021, Schwartz was the best in the league
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:01 AM 06-16-2021
Kareem Hunt has a tiny dick
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:31 AM 06-16-2021
I think they'll be much more efficient.

May be a lot fewer highlight reel plays, because they won't be as necessary.
[Reply]
O.city 07:16 AM 06-16-2021
Why aren't they necessary?

Explosive plays are always "necessary" because they're explosive plays. Why make it harder on yourself to have to go on drives with more plays? Chunk plays are always gonna be the choice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 06-16-2021
FREE KAREEM HUNT!

:-)

Dumb.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:08 AM 06-16-2021
Not many are talking about Mahomes' improvement as a factor, but he's definitely honed his skills and improved his accuracy since 2018. He just didn't have the line to be able to show off consistently last year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:27 AM 06-16-2021
Why aren't they necessary?

Explosive plays are always "necessary" because they're explosive plays. Why make it harder on yourself to have to go on drives with more plays? Chunk plays are always gonna be the choice.
I said highlight reel plays.

like off-schedule, off-platform Mahomes throwing the ball while horizontal 50 yards kind of plays.

I expect they'll be much more efficient and less reliant on Mahomes to just do magical shit as their gameplan.

I'm not saying they're going to leash anyone, I'm saying they should be able to run the plays as they're designed more efficiently.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up