ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
PHOG 05:13 PM 06-10-2021
Brown-Thunney-Humphrey-Smith-Niang
They didn't draft and sign these fuckers to sit on the bench.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:16 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Brown-Thunney-Humphrey-Smith-Niang
They didn't draft and sign these ****ers to sit on the bench.
Starting 3 rookies is a recipe for disaster. They didn't sign these FAs to sit on the bench.
[Reply]
eDave 05:25 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
:-)

He makes Mr. Glass look like David Dunn.
FYP
[Reply]
PHOG 05:26 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Starting 3 rookies is a recipe for disaster. They didn't sign these FAs to sit on the bench.
Says you, we'll see. 2-time All Big-12, 2-Time all SEC, and Niang. Plus..........Mahomes.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:28 PM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long and injury

no one should be surprised
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:46 PM 06-10-2021
During Andy's press conference multiple times Reid was asked how Trey Smith's progress going
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:14 PM 06-10-2021
Smith is gonna be our RG isn’t he. What a fucking steal!!

With Kyle long out until at least the regular season's start (I can confirm @TomPelissero report, not that he needs it), watch for Trey Smith.

The Chiefs are very pleased with him, and now Smith has an opening at RG. I'm told he's looked every bit the steal many thought he was

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:15 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Says you, we'll see. 2-time All Big-12, 2-Time all SEC, and Niang. Plus..........Mahomes.
That means absolutely nothing when it comes to the NFL.

Nothing.

Thousands upon thousands of acclaimed guys from every conference, including the SEC, have failed to live up to expectations in the NFL.

The Chiefs face some pretty damn good defenses to start the season so unless there are catastrophic injuries, I have a hard time believing that Andy Reid is going to start three rookies Week 1.

And Mahomes was destroyed in the Super Bowl and struggled with a toe injury well before that game. He needs experienced offensive lineman when facing the Ravens, Chargers and the Redskins defense, not three rookies on the entire right side of the line.
[Reply]
scho63 06:25 PM 06-10-2021
Did we cut this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
PHOG 06:32 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Nothing.

Thousands upon thousands of acclaimed guys from every conference, including the SEC, have failed to live up to expectations in the NFL.

The Chiefs face some pretty damn good defenses to start the season so unless there are catastrophic injuries, I have a hard time believing that Andy Reid is going to start three rookies Week 1.

And Mahomes was destroyed in the Super Bowl and struggled with a toe injury well before that game. He needs experienced offensive lineman when facing the Ravens, Chargers and the Redskins defense, not three rookies on the entire right side of the line.
You're probably right. But I think these are going to excel. Time will tell.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:42 PM 06-10-2021
People forget how good LDT could be in the seasons he played next to Morse and Fulton. His biggest issue has been availability and nagging injuries.

If he's healthy, he's probably our most reliable RG at least for the near future. And yeah, that's even without having played for a full season. It won't take him long to get back what he had via NFL offseason conditioning.

As it is, he's got a no trade clause and a chunk of dead cap coming back to bite us if we cut him. If at all possible, the team probably wants him to play. Hell, it's possible he was the frontrunner at RG before Long got hurt, too.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:43 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Smith is gonna be our RG isn’t he. What a ****ing steal!!

^^^
This is the rookie I predict will be our starter. Niang and Creed are gonna sit for a few.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:22 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I honestly wasn't counting on him anyway.
Unfortunately this
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Nothing.

I think that if Humphrey starts (and he probably should) and Niang wins the RT job (and he totally should) then you'd want a vet in between them and LDT would get the nod due to familiarity with the team, Mahomes, and the system.

I have zero doubt that Smith will win that spot perhaps even later in the season, certainly in 2022, but I think you want a vet in there that's seen anything a defense might throw at you.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:36 PM 06-10-2021
He'll be back when the season starts. But not as a starter. LDT just got his old job back.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up