ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
mkp785 11:37 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Given the Chiefs’ track record, they let him walk at the end of his rookie deal.
Let's hope that that streak finally ends. Though I understand why they did it each time, it's still sucks as both players went on to have very productive times after they left us.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:39 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Smith slid because of health concerns.

I agree with Meck. Humphrey's upside is off the charts and I think he wins that job. If Remmers wins the RT job, I could see Smith in the mix at RG but I don't think Andy rolls with Humphrey, Niang, AND Smith.
I'm still wary of someone winning the job after not playing football in 2 years. I can see Creed and LDT I guess but I still say the Remmers takes the RT. We'll see though. The C--->RT part of our Oline is by far the most interesting battle that will be going on in camp.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 06-10-2021
I want nothing to do with LDT at RG. He's been out for a year and now isn't coming to camp (granted I think thats because of border issues?).

I've never been a big fan as a player of his anyway. Seems overrated
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:44 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Hopefully he didn't injure himself typing this tweet.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:44 AM 06-10-2021
Brown-Thuney-Humphrey-Remmers-Niang

Remmers was our week one starting RG last year was he not?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:50 AM 06-10-2021
Remmers
Allegretti
Reiter after we re-sign him to a multi year deal
Long with a prosthetic leg
Wylie

Let's go.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:00 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Remmers
Allegretti
Wylie

Let's go.

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:16 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Which part?
[Reply]
New World Order 12:24 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Remmers
Allegretti
Wylie

Let's go.
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:30 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Have to feel for the guy, put in all that effort, have the talent, and your body just can't do it.

Luckily for the Chiefs it was early, so gives more gel opportunity for the guys that might stay healthy.

I think he would have made a good CBOTY candidate that would have made a feel good story but I didn't have any expectations of it.

Also I'm glad he can give up reps for the younger guys that need the reps so this is probably a blessing for Chiefs.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:37 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
How exactly did he manage to fracture his kneecap? What was he doing?
The Sammy Watkins Brokedick Stretching Technique.
[Reply]
Iconic 04:36 PM 06-10-2021
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - LDT - Niang

I imagine this is how the line looks at the start of the year. LDT may have been out for a year but there's no way they play 3 rookies on one side of the line and I'd rather LDT be in than Remmers or whoever the fuck else is left on the depth chart.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:45 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - LDT - Niang

I imagine this is how the line looks at the start of the year. LDT may have been out for a year but there's no way they play 3 rookies on one side of the line and I'd rather LDT be in than Remmers or whoever the fuck else is left on the depth chart.
Blythe has a good chancd at the spot, he didn't sit a year and is a better guard than center.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:51 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Smith slid because of health concerns.

I agree with Meck. Humphrey's upside is off the charts and I think he wins that job. If Remmers wins the RT job, I could see Smith in the mix at RG but I don't think Andy rolls with Humphrey, Niang, AND Smith.
I think Remmers is the best chance at taking the starters spot. Andy likes him and despite what ppl think here he wasn't terrible at RT. Everyone just remembers the Super Bowl and how godawful he was on the left side. He's fine for a year, while Niang learns how to play football again.

I had Long beating out LDT, but he can't stay healthy so I have no idea on that-I'm hoping for Smith though. Center, like I said Blyth was pretty good with the Rams but everyone is in agreement that Creed is awesome. I just feel like they won't start a rookie there if they have a perfectly good vet they can pair with Mahomes. It's title or bust this year, so why leave this stuff in a rookie's hands if you don't have to? Especially on the 2nd most important spot on the offensive line.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 05:10 PM 06-10-2021
Injuries at this time of year?
This isn’t the Broncos message board.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up