ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Backup. No way he starts with zero reps in TC.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:49 AM 06-10-2021
SHIT!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:50 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Run the ball, play action, get it out quick etc.
So you want to change the entire offense?

No thanks.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:50 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have no problem with him being a quality backup..
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:52 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
We run shotgun 77% of the time. Mahomes blind side should be no problem with Brown and Thuney protecting it. He would have the whole right side right in his vision the whole time. If something goes wrong once in a while, Mahomes is a magician at improvising. Shouldn't be a huge issue I wouldn't think.
Relying on Mahomes to be magic is how we ended up getting our ass kicked in the Super Bowl.

He IS magic, but that should not be your gameplan.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 AM 06-10-2021
Boy bye
[Reply]
-King- 10:17 AM 06-10-2021
Or cut. We have plenty of depth without him and what good is he for depth if he's almost for sure going to get injured again.
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:18 AM 06-10-2021
There's still a decent chance that Long will get to play his part before the season is done. With a 17 game schedule, plus the playoffs, it's likely someone on the line will need an injury replacement. Maybe multiple folks again. Assuming Long can get back by midseason, he may still end up as a valuable card to be played.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:19 AM 06-10-2021
I'm good with LDT and Smith battling this out for the starting RG spot. If I'm being totally honest, I never really believed Kyle Long would remain healthy enough to be in the lineup anyway. I just assumed it would happen sometime during the course of the season. smh
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Or cut. We have plenty of depth without him and what good is he for depth if he's almost for sure going to get injured again.
True. They really don't HAVE to do anything, he's on the cheap. So they have a ton of options and they're not really depending on him for anything, so it's still pretty much all upside.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:26 AM 06-10-2021
He was a long shot to be a major contributor in the end anyway. Let him heal up and come back later in the season for depth if needed.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:28 AM 06-10-2021
Guy is a fit……on LITR.

> < this close to cutting bait, and moving on.

We have been warned….we have a Watkins on the OL.
[Reply]
TEX 10:30 AM 06-10-2021
This.

I didn't want Long because I figured this would happen. Fortunately, they didn't stop with Long and they still have plenty of competition. He can be let go gently so there's no reason to worry about this at all.
Yep. I always figured best case he'd be quality depth anyway. I never had him as a starter. And, if you think about it, he could be the guy who could fill in for a couple games here & there. That might be realistically all he can handle, before he starts breaking down. But, if he can play at a decent level, it's not a bad thing. You're right, him being hurt is a non issue.
[Reply]
srvy 10:36 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
This is why we have depth. Plug LDT in as your starting RG.
Turdsnif needs to be replaced. I was hoping Long could hold it down till the youngun was ready.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:39 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Relying on Mahomes to be magic is how we ended up getting our ass kicked in the Super Bowl.

He IS magic, but that should not be your gameplan.
If these guys are any good, he won't be running for his life. A play here and there? Maybe. All three of those guys have high marks coming out. Not developmental status.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up