ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m On Vacation...
Kman34 08:00 PM 06-05-2021
1st Vacation the wife and I have been on in 13 years... Bradenton FLA.. Been a bad year for me, lost my Dad and best friend within 3 months... Need this bad..
It’s the beach life now!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:52 PM 06-05-2021
Well sheeesh bud, you shoulda shared some of that burden with us... sounds like a tough year

So you go ahead and soak up every margarita and ray of sun in Bradenton, live large while you can
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:00 PM 06-05-2021
Congrats on the vaycay, sorry for your loss and rough times, I know we all can empathize.

My yearly vacation with the wife and kids has taken a horrendous turn. We usually visit my wife's immediate family who live year round in a fairly peaceful and secluded spot in southern maine facing a tidal river\flat. Nothing flashy but it's quiet, the kids can go swimming in an above ground pool, go hiking, etc. Usually just chill with the grandparents and maybe my wife's siblings and their kids. Eat some*lobster, maybe drive into town and catch a band at a bar, go on a few boat rides, maybe striper fish. It's almost always super relaxed. Not this year. They decided to have a family reunion. Imagine 50-100 screaming New York Italians and their kidsand grandkids all talking at the same time, trying to go out to eat as a group, eat meals at my in-laws place, etc. I've already told my wife that I'll be leaving as soon as it gets too much and I'm going to spend at least part of my vacation trout fishing as far as I can get away from people period. Take that time for yourself. You'll be glad you did.
[Reply]
Spott 10:04 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
My daughter lives in Cape Coral. She texted today to bring lots of shorts because summer is here. If she thinks it's hot, it's hot. I didn't realize there was that much difference between Orlando and the Fort Myer area.
It seems like the biggest difference is that it cools down more at night and in the mornings. It’s basically hot and humid as soon as the sun starts to come up down there.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:05 AM 06-06-2021
Enjoy yourself, you deserve it. I’m curious what made you choose Bradenton? You should come to my side of the bridge and hit Clearwater Beach, and Honeymoon Island. If you decide to, hit me up. We live about 5 min from Clearwater Beach. Would love to grab a beer, and chill.

We are 23 long days from our annual trip to Jamaica. It can’t get here quick enough.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:08 AM 06-06-2021
Bradenton seems like an odd choice for a vacation spot in Florida but hey, different strokes for different folks. Enjoy your vacation.
[Reply]
scho63 07:28 AM 06-06-2021
Have a wonderful well deserved trip.
Catch some fish, check out some young hotties, drink lots of alcohol and chase the old lady around naked. :-)

I'm off 10 days and hoping to do something different for a change.....just not sure what.
Maybe get back golfing and hit up a driving range as a start. Gym for sure.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:37 AM 06-06-2021
My vacation started Friday also. We drove to Minneapolis yesterday for a friend's wedding and he gave the groomsman replica super bowl rings as gifts. My Chiefs ring looks pretty sweet.

Got a graduation for my middle daughter today, and then tomorrow we are heading south to visit family in Missouri. Gonna be a good week!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 AM 06-06-2021
I’m going to Destin on Thursday and I’m a first time Florida visitor.

I’m pretty pissed though bc the forecast call for rain most of the time I’m there
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m going to Destin on Thursday and I’m a first time Florida visitor.

I’m pretty pissed though bc the forecast call for rain most of the time I’m there
It rains pretty much every day in Florida in the summer. It rains for about 15 minutes and you go on with your day. No biggie. No one down here changes their daily plans based on a weather forecast. Dont sweat it. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:02 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It rains pretty much every day in Florida in the summer. It rains for about 15 minutes and you go on with your day. No biggie. No one down here changes their daily plans based on a weather forecast. Dont sweat it. :-)
This. It gets so humid that it has no choice but to rain. Cools it off for about 30 min then back to the heat box.
[Reply]
Spott 10:07 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I took my son to Key West when he graduated. We chartered a fishing trip, rented some jet skis and just hung out. It was a good time.
We definitely had a blast. We went kayaking one day and went out snorkeling another on a charter boat. Ton of live bands playing now and everything is back to “normal”. Covid is definitely over there. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
We definitely had a blast. We went kayaking one day and went out snorkeling another on a charter boat. Ton of live bands playing now and everything is back to “normal”. Covid is definitely over there. :-)
It's Florida, anything goes. Just try to avoid getting bit by a shark or gator. Otherwise, party on!
[Reply]
Kman34 02:06 PM 06-06-2021
Golfing on Tuesday.. Been to this area many times..on my 15th beer.. fun.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:17 PM 06-15-2021
Back in town last nite.. Had an awesome time!
One thing.. we drove form our home in liberty.. I see this here around town but I am shocked at how many people texting or posting on their phones doing 80 on the interstate.. They all deserve a fiery death...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Back in town last nite.. Had an awesome time!
One thing.. we drove form our home in liberty.. I see this here around town but I am shocked at how many people texting or posting on their phones doing 80 on the interstate.. They all deserve a fiery death...
Yep been seeing it more and more out on the interstate, you just have to wonder how stupid this nation is becoming... talk about a pandemic
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up