ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Favorite Action Flicks?
Mennonite 12:14 PM 06-05-2021
Raiders of the Lost Ark and First Blood are classics, but I have a soft spot for the cheesier ones with bad one liners with over the top violence.

My favorite dumb (but awesome!) action flick is Invasion U.S.A. (1985) starring Chuck Norris and the immortal Richard Lynch.

You don't get scenes like this in modern action movies:

So what are some of your favorites?
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:21 AM 06-06-2021
if you like blind fury, you gotta check out the Zatoichi movies.

Zatoichi: Darkness is his Ally is probably the best and most action packed.

full movie for free on youtube if you cant find it streaming

there is a remake from 2003 called Zatoichi. its pretty good too.

Ichi does some really cool sword tricks, and dice tricks

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:28 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
:-) Re-reading that thread, I can see I already let you have it so no need to rehash things here.

But, man, you are crazy! I love that movie. IMO, very, very few things wrong or would I change even if I could.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:45 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
if you like blind fury, you gotta check out the Zatoichi movies.
And if you like Zatoichi then move on to the Lone Wolf and Cub movies.

Edit: speaking of movies with blind protagonists:

A blind sharpshooter (Tony Anthony) with a guide horse clashes with bandits who want to steal his shipment of mail-order brides.
[Reply]
notorious 11:47 AM 06-06-2021
Escape From the Bronx. On Amazon Prime and even Youtube. I watched it a couple weeks ago.

Lot of boring parts, but damn the action is hilariously awesome. I love exploding dummies!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:07 PM 06-06-2021
Who could forget the pure cheese of early Van Damme like Bloodsport and Kickboxer
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:17 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bloodsport

I'm not a huge fan of kung fu flicks in general, but I do like a few of them that are centered around martial arts tournaments. Enter the Dragon, One Armed Boxer, Master of the Flying Guillotine, and Bloodsport are all entertaining.

FWIW, my favorite Van Damme movie is Universal Soldier: Regeneration.

Edit: i accidentally down voted your last post Deberg. It's a pain in the ass typing on this Kindle sometimes.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:51 PM 06-06-2021
Have watched all 20 something Zatoichi movies, but i hasbeen years. Don't remember Lone Wolf and Cub, will check it out.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:52 PM 06-06-2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:01 PM 06-06-2021
Last Action Hero had one of the coolest Villains

[Reply]
unlurking 09:03 PM 06-06-2021
I loved Bloodsport and several Van Damme movies, but his best role was as Jean Claude Van Johnson. So deserved a second season.

[Reply]
srvy 09:32 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Oh god you have to watch that movie. It's my favorite "so bad it's good" movie. It's available on blu ray.

If you like these sorts of movies I highly recommend joining the torrent tracker Cinemageddon. Golan Globus, PM Entertainment, Godfrey Ho - shit is their specialty.
Oh yes Golan Globus seemed to be king of low budget kinda shitty kind of good action flicks.

Seems like Lee Marvin was in many. He must have worked cheap.
EDIT
Looking it over seems Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson made the lions share of Golan Globus.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:01 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Oh yes Golan Globus seemed to be king of low budget kinda shitty kind of good action flicks.

Seems like Lee Marvin was in many. He must have worked cheap.
EDIT
Looking it over seems Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson made the lions share of Golan Globus.

Yeah, I think the only movie Lee Marvin made with Golan Globus was Delta Force. Bronson did several movies with them, most of them crap, but Death Wish 3 was fun.

Speaking of Bronson - anybody seen Hard Times (1975). It's great. He plays a depression era streetfighter.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:01 PM 06-06-2021
Always will be point break. The stunts, the chases the over the top acting.

I was watching Anthony Cumia’s podcast and they were making fun of one of John Wayne’s last movies “Branigan”. Apparently they tried to take a way over the hill John Wayne and make a Charles Bronson type movie.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:07 AM 06-07-2021
you'd probably like The Conqueror, PD. even tho it is light on the action

[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:15 AM 06-07-2021
Sergei Bondarchuk's War & Peace

120K actors and extras with 100% practical effects
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up