ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Favorite Action Flicks?
Mennonite 12:14 PM 06-05-2021
Raiders of the Lost Ark and First Blood are classics, but I have a soft spot for the cheesier ones with bad one liners with over the top violence.

My favorite dumb (but awesome!) action flick is Invasion U.S.A. (1985) starring Chuck Norris and the immortal Richard Lynch.

You don't get scenes like this in modern action movies:

So what are some of your favorites?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:03 PM 06-05-2021
Honestly winter soldier is a pretty good action flick. There is a lot of good shit in there. I’m a total sucker for that movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:07 PM 06-05-2021
I’m a sucker for die hard(s), all the sword and sandal flicks like gladiator, brave heart, whatever. Military movies, I’m in.

A underrated one that I like is the Ghost and the Darkness. Im a total jackass for that movie.

Pretty much any action flick I’m down for.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:36 AM 06-06-2021
The original Mad Max, but to be honest I loved the entire series. Any of Mel Gibson's action flicks are pretty great. Lethal Weapon, Payback, Conspiracy Theory, Air America (also Vietnam with RDJ), etc. Looking at his IMDB, he has a shit ton of movies I haven't seen. Wonder if I'm missing anything good. lol
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:42 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Physics man. It’s blatant disregard for physics. First one worked back in the day.

Didn’t see anymore for awhile until I was flipping through and there were two mustangs pulling a safe. It was the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen ever. That was written produced filmed and edited by guys that have never pulled a load ever.

Physics. I can only suspend disbelief so far.
I'm a sucker for most of the F&F films. I don't watch them for anything resembling reality. I watch them for the ridiculous crap that makes Bond look realistic. Also once Statham and the Rock joined, I watch for those two mostly.

I'll watch ANY movie with Statham in it.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:26 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
The answer is always Predator.

Perfect cast. The Predator design still holds up too.

Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Tango and Cash
Russel and Stalone made a good team. Too bad they didn't work together more often. Having Jack Palance in the movie didn't hurt either; he was one of the scariest looking dudes in Hollywood.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I feel like Terminator 2, Predator and Aliens have to top anyone's list.

Total Recall is awesome.

I love Total Recall, too. Very few directors can do ultra violence properly, but Paul Verhoeven certainly could. RoboCop and Flesh + Blood (1985) are two more if his action flicks that I like.

I ****ing hate T2. The first one was great though.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Big Trouble in Little China.

"Son of a bitch must pay!"

Very quotable flick and David Lo Pan is one of the great movie villains. Just a really fun movie all around.

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Soldier is a great one.

From Wikipedia:

Soldier was written by David Peoples, who co-wrote the script for the 1982 film Blade Runner. Soldier is considered to be a "spin-off sidequel"-spiritual successor to Blade Runner, seeing both films as existing in a shared fictional universe.[14] The film obliquely refers to various elements of stories written by Philip K. Dick (who wrote the 1968 novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, on which Blade Runner is based), or film adaptations thereof. A Spinner from Blade Runner can be seen in the wreckage on the junk planet in the film and Kurt Russell’s character is shown to have fought in the battles referenced in Roy Batty’s (Rutger Hauer) dying monologue: the Shoulder of Orion and Tannhäuser Gate.

Originally Posted by unlurking:
The original Mad Max

The original is good but I prefer The Road Warrior.

Some mood music:

[Reply]
Mennonite 08:54 AM 06-06-2021
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Conan the Barbarian. It's the perfect role for Schwarzenegger, has an awesome villain played by James Earl Jones, an epic soundtrack, gratuitous camel punching, and one of the best lines in movie history:

The writer/director John Milius really knew how to make action flicks. A true classic.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:29 AM 06-06-2021
Die Hard is at the top of my list. So many other good ones mentioned already from Lethal Weapon to Indian Jones to Predator and so on. One I haven’t seen mentioned yet that I’ll add is The Rock. Connery is nails and Cage’s over-acting actually works well for that particular role.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:37 AM 06-06-2021
Oh, and True Lies, can’t forget that one.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:43 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Die Hard

1 and 3 are both classics.

On the flipside, we have one of my favorite cheese-fests Stone Cold (1991):

The Boz, William Forsyth, and Lance Henrikson in the ultimate white trash action flick.

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:47 AM 06-06-2021
For pure popcorn fare fun, I don't know how you can beat Predator... or Conan the Barbarian
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:04 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Conan the Barbarian. It's the perfect role for Schwarzenegger, has an awesome villain played by James Earl Jones, an epic soundtrack, gratuitous camel punching, and one of the best lines in movie history:

The writer/director John Milius really knew how to make action flicks. A true classic.

yeah the fight scenes play so great on the big screen. Thorgrim had that enormous maul. Rexxor had his triple headed axe. And the swords they used
were 8 pounds which were 5 lbs heavier than their historical counterparts. you can really sense the weight of the impacts in the fight scenes.
[Reply]
notorious 10:13 AM 06-06-2021
Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Dolf Lundgren and Brandon Lee

Mix in sweltering how Tia Carrera and you have perfect cheese/buddy cop/action.
[Reply]
notorious 10:17 AM 06-06-2021
I Come in Peace
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:17 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Big Trouble in Little Tokyo.
Do you mean Big Trouble in little China or the Dolph Lundgren movie Showdown in Little Tokyo?

Originally Posted by notorious:
I Come in Peace

"And you go in pieces, asshole."

^ The whole movie was just a setup for that line. It was worth it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:19 AM 06-06-2021
Action Jackson
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up