ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
Direckshun 05:02 PM 05-28-2021
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Honestly, I’d rather keep him along the interior where he is elite. But Stout mentioned that the base DL is Jones and Clark on the edges with Reed and Nnadi along the interior.

That’s a big risk the team is taking, and the early returns in spot duty last year were not encouraging.

But Stout mentions that Jones has slimmed down a ton as well, clearly prepared to take a stronger role at RDE.

Maybe the most important thing to watch for our defense.

He also mentions Humphrey is your starting center.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:20 PM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yea I have no problems with this. Donald is a future hall of fee and may be the best defensive player ever and then you have Jones who is also a future hall of famer and a game changer
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:46 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea I have no problems with this. Donald is a future hall of fee and may be the best defensive player ever and then you have Jones who is also a future hall of famer and a game changer
Whew!!!! For a second I didn’t think this was a possibility.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:46 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and maybe they like Ward, he flashed in week 17.

And I am pretty sure they'll sign a vet before the season starts, too.
Ward flashed against the Saints too. Kid has something if he can develope it.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:51 AM 05-31-2021
Facts! He had like three straight batted balls in the fourth quarter. Jones fucking shows up in big games. He’s well worth the 20 mil

And when Jones shows up he fucking wrecks shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:51 AM 05-31-2021
Donald......... may be the best defensive player ever
This is a textbook case of recency bias.

Aaron Donald is a great player. Aaron Donald isn't even close to being the best defensive player ever. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Bruce Smith and Reggie White were both better than Donald. Aaron Donald has to play a lot more, at a high level, to get close to Smith, and Reggie White never met an offensive lineman he couldn't toss to the side, or knock on their ass.

Then there is Lawrence Taylor. I don't really have to explain this one.

Speaking of LT, if you want to talk about dominance, Deion Sanders was a true shut down corner from his 1st day in the league until his last. For almost every single game of his career, the opposing QB basically wrote off the receiver Deion was covering.

Is Aaron Donald a better defensive player than Ed Reed? Than Charles Woodson? Than Ray Lewis? Is Aaron Donald even a better defensive player than JJ Watt?

Recency bias is why people try to say that LeBron is better than MJ. He isn't, and probably never will be. But, people forget, or people don't even know in the first place, exactly how Jordan dominated the NBA, and how much he dominated other Hall of Fame players. I always suggest that people use YouTube to see how much better MJ really was than everyone else.

Aaron Donald is absolutely, and very obviously a future HOF inductee. And he gets a lot of media push because he is so talented, and rightfully so, but if Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White were playing in today's media climate, they would arguably get twice as much hype from the talking heads.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kccrow 12:28 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Aaron Donald is a great player. Aaron Donald isn't even close to being the best defensive player ever. NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Bruce Smith and Reggie White were both better than Donald. Aaron Donald has to play a lot more, at a high level, to get close to Smith, and Reggie White never met an offensive lineman he couldn't toss to the side, or knock on their ass.

Speaking of LT, if you want to talk about dominance, Deion Sanders was a true shut down corner from his 1st day in the league until his last. For almost every single game of his career, the opposing QB basically wrote off the receiver Deion was covering.

Is Aaron Donald a better defensive player than Ed Reed? Than Charles Woodson? Than Ray Lewis? Is Aaron Donald even a better defensive player than JJ Watt?

Recency bias is why people try to say that LeBron is better than MJ. He isn't, and probably never will be. But, people forget, or people don't even know in the first place, exactly how Jordan dominated the NBA, and how much he dominated other Hall of Fame players. I always suggest that people use YouTube to see how much better MJ really was than everyone else.

Aaron Donald is absolutely, and very obviously a future HOF inductee. And he gets a lot of media push because he is so talented, and rightfully so, but if Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White were playing in today's media climate, they would arguably get twice as much hype from the talking heads.

Agree on the recency bias. John Randle did what Aaron Donald is doing starting 30 years ago. No doubt Donald is a great player but best ever is a stretch. He has company at the top of the DT list, much less across all positions.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:33 PM 05-31-2021
Good. I think we have 3 solid guys who can rotate around at DT. Not any dominant 3tech's but what's his name, the new guy from Seattle, he's a pretty damned good pass rusher. Nadi is solid vs. the run and occupies blockers. Saunders is athletic, still needs to get better, but can also help on passing downs.

I think this is the most talent we've had on the D line since Ford/Houston/Hali were in their primes...
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:08 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Yeah there is a long list of better football players than Aaron Donald that were household names. I don't think he will be remembered as much as some of the greats that are still talked about.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:46 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
My only fear would be if he lost too much weight and lost leverage against some real fatties on the Oline.
yep.

This whole "don't worry, he'll just jump back inside on passing downs" is flawed if Jones loses a bunch of weight to fully commit to DE.

If he's heavy, he's going to be slow at DE. We saw that when they tried it before. If he's light, then he gets pushed around on the inside.

Is there an ideal weight that fits for both positions? I hope so.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:11 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Yeah there is a long list of better football players than Aaron Donald that were household names. I don't think he will be remembered as much as some of the greats that are still talked about.
I am sure the numbers don't match, but John Randle from Minnesota had several years where he was one of the best defensive players, and I don't think that Aaron Donald is significantly better than Randle.

I am not saying they are exactly equal, but I would compare Donald to Randle way before I put him in the best defensive player ever conversation.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:03 PM 05-31-2021
There was a time when some thought JJ Watt was going to be the best ever. Guys can break down in a hurry.

Donald has to stay productive for a long damn time to even be in the conversation.

I think you’ll be able to make a VERY strong case for him being a starter on an All Time Defense though. He’s pretty incredible.

Dominating now (especially on defense) is more impressive than dominating decades ago.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:06 PM 05-31-2021
FWIW, Pro Football Reference has Donald listed as 7th on their Hall of Fame monitor amongst DTs. Not sure how they handle that for guys who played before sacks were kept as an official stat.

Still pretty crazy for a guy who’s only played 7 seasons.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:42 AM 06-01-2021
Anyone with a link to some Tim Ward film from said games? I guess i never noticed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is for run downs...

The Chiefs think they can get something from Taco Charlton in pass downs, he had a 20% pressure rate last year which is really good.
Can't stay on the field. Charlton is a waste of a roster spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think I’m comfortable with the balance I’ve struck.
Um, there's no balance here at all.

Every thread you start lately is tinged with doubt and worry.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06-01-2021, 09:04 AM
This message has been deleted by Direckshun. Reason: .
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up