ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any George Lynch fans out there??
petegz28 08:33 PM 09-19-2012

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Name Drop Alert: Paul's actually a neighbor and a super cool guy. He still tours and plays (his wife's in his band) and is still a monster shredder. I saw him a few years back at HOB with Bruce Bouillet (who's an old drinking buddy) and both just tore it up.
You fucking suck.

In a totally cool way.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Brock:
I hesitate to ask this, but is EVH really suffering from diverticulitis and is this the real reason for the tour stoppage?
Yes.

Even though the record was extremely difficult to make (and took more than two years), the guys are getting along fine. Wolfgang's on tour with Mark Tremonti, Eddie's recovering and all seems to be well.

I'm not a fan of the latest release but it's good to have the band back on the touring circuit, none of which would have happened without Wolfgang's passion for early VH.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You fucking suck.

In a totally cool way.
:-)

Moby's a neighbor, too. Even it out a bit?

[Reply]
Brock 02:09 PM 09-20-2012
Yes.

Even though the record was extremely difficult to make (and took more than two years), the guys are getting along fine. Wolfgang's on tour with Mark Tremonti, Eddie's recovering and all seems to be well.

I'm not a fan of the latest release but it's good to have the band back on the touring circuit, none of which would have happened without Wolfgang's passion for early VH.
I'm very thankful that Wolf turned out to be a cool kid who talked some sense into that dipshit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Blackie Lawless is going to hunt you down and eat your spleen for leaving him off your list. :-)

And to bring the thread full (mini) circle, no Ozzy Osboune in that all-star lineup. :-)
Yeah, I was never really into WASP but they were there.

I was big into the "pre-hairspray" hair bands, like Twisted Sister and Scorpions (and Van Halen with DLR of course). I guess you could say they were the actual Sunset Strip bands in the early 80's, like Ratt (I don't know for sure, I was only like 10 at the time).

It was pretty funny. My girls love "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" so I thought, "Damn, I'm gonna have to go get "Stay Hungry".

Then I read the song list and songs like "Captain Howdy" and "SMF" came back to me and I sat there thinking "Holy shit, my kids can't listen to this stuff!"
[Reply]
Bowser 02:10 PM 09-20-2012
Mr. Big used to be huge in Japan (lol). Do they still carry that kind of following there today?

I udes to play the shit out of Lean Into It back in the day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 09-20-2012

Yes, yes, it does.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 09-20-2012
So the kid isn't just musically inclined, he also has GOOD TASTE too? :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 02:12 PM 09-20-2012
Yes.

He made the show when the played in KC. He was really good on bass, and his backgrounds did Michael Anthony proud. Talented kid.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:14 PM 09-20-2012

What about Lohan? Or did she move?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:15 PM 09-20-2012
Blackie Lawless is going to hunt you down and eat your spleen for leaving him off your list. :-)
I'm not scared of or intimated by too many people, but Chris Holmes is one scary dude. Not only is he as racist as they come (and a completely angry, jacked up drunk) he is one big motherfucker.

I went out with him one time after I moved to LA. I've never seen anyone, before or since, drink as much as that dude. And I've known some heavy drinkers in my day. I guess he cleaned up a few years back (saw him after Lynch Mob in the late 2000's at the Rainbow) but he's no less intimidating.

He's just one of those dudes that screams "I'm a fucking psycho".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:16 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What about Lohan? Or did she move?
She left a few years back, after she was robbed. Her fucking cunt of a mother tried to blame it on our "unsafe neighborhood", which was course, has repeatedly been #1 in the country for safety and lack of crime (90068).

Turns out, the people that robbed her she actually brought back from a club and while she was drinking, cased her home.

Dummy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:18 PM 09-20-2012
Mr. Big used to be huge in Japan (lol). Do they still carry that kind of following there today?

I udes to play the shit out of Lean Into It back in the day.
I think so. Hey, why not? Be a rockstar anywhere you can! :-)

Bad Billy is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. A Scientologist, but nice.

All of your basses are belong to us.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:18 PM 09-20-2012
this is a cool article.
30 top guitatists pick their favorite guitarist
Lynch chose Malmsteen

http://www.guitarworld.com/30-30-gre...rists?page=0,0
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 09-20-2012
I'm not scared of or intimated by too many people, but Chris Holmes is one scary dude. Not only is he as racist as they come (and a completely angry, jacked up drunk) he is one big mother****er.

I went out with him one time after I moved to LA. I've never seen anyone, before or since, drink as much as that dude. And I've known some heavy drinkers in my day. I guess he cleaned up a few years back (saw him after Lynch Mob in the late 2000's at the Rainbow) but he's no less intimidating.

He's just one of those dudes that screams "I'm a ****ing psycho".
Outside of Dio and QOTSA, Motorhead is my other all-time favorite band.

Lemmy has said some pretty funny shit about Holmes and Blackie Lawless...
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up