ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Any George Lynch fans out there??
petegz28 08:33 PM 09-19-2012

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:55 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Loves me some George, wish the mob would play nearby this summer like they usually do but I haven't seen anything about a tour

But I'll be seeing his son in law Richie Faulkner again in September with Priest

Found this on Blabbermouth the other day, if you love metal you could sit for countless hours listening to these two go back and forth

You going to the KC show at Knuckleheads? I've thought about going.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:29 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You going to the KC show at Knuckleheads? I've thought about going.
Nope, the one in St Louis

It was originally scheduled for the Hollywood Amp, which I saw Van Halen in and love... outdoor concerts are the best

Now its been changed to some other smaller indoor venue I forget the name of

But still its Priest, so I'm really looking forward to it because the concert scene around here so far this year is BLEAK
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:35 PM 06-15-2021
Yea he was a great player

[Reply]
Lzen 11:17 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Loves me some George, wish the mob would play nearby this summer like they usually do but I haven't seen anything about a tour

But I'll be seeing his son in law Richie Faulkner again in September with Priest

Found this on Blabbermouth the other day, if you love metal you could sit for countless hours listening to these two go back and forth

George Lynch was my idol for a long time when I started playing. Saw him a few years ago at some bar (can't remember the name) in KC. They had to stop the show because the idiots that ran the place couldn't get it air conditioned and George was overheating (hey, he's not a young pup any more).

Man, I wanted to enjoy Priest and I was a big fan back in the day. But I will never waste my money again after seeing them at Starlight a couple years ago. Rob Halford looked .... just...... tired. :-)

As a matter of fact, I believe Deep Purple was with them and they were much, much better than Priest that night. I was pleasantly surprised with DP but very much disappointed in JP.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:18 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Yea he was a great player
Yeah, that joke was already made a couple times in this thread. Hell, one may have been by you.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:59 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
George Lynch was my idol for a long time when I started playing. Saw him a few years ago at some bar (can't remember the name) in KC. They had to stop the show because the idiots that ran the place couldn't get it air conditioned and George was overheating (hey, he's not a young pup any more).

Man, I wanted to enjoy Priest and I was a big fan back in the day. But I will never waste my money again after seeing them at Starlight a couple years ago. Rob Halford looked .... just...... tired. :-)

As a matter of fact, I believe Deep Purple was with them and they were much, much better than Priest that night. I was pleasantly surprised with DP but very much disappointed in JP.
Saw that same show in Biloxi - it was when we beat the Steelers week 4 maybe? My brother is a Steelers fan. We went to see them at Hard Rock and it was incredible! Last show I saw with Glenn Tipton. DP was incredible as well! Maybe an off night for your KC experience? :-)
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:12 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, that joke was already made a couple times in this thread. Hell, one may have been by you.
yea but the thread is 9 years old so I don't remember
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:48 PM 06-25-2021
FYI, the latest The End Machine album dropped recently and IMO, it's pretty fucking good. Great production, great mix, phenomenal playing and singing.

I didn't care much for the Robert Mason fronted Lynch Mob album and I haven't paid attention to his subsequent projects but this is night and day from the first record.

The guy sounds like Oni but with 10 times the power and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more creative melodies and harmonies.

The music is Lynch and Pilson that their best.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:21 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, the latest The End Machine album dropped recently and IMO, it's pretty fucking good. Great production, great mix, phenomenal playing and singing.

I didn't care much for the Robert Mason fronted Lynch Mob album and I haven't paid attention to his subsequent projects but this is night and day from the first record.

The guy sounds like Oni but with 10 times the power and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more creative melodies and harmonies.

Nice. Good looking out, I'll have to make a purchase.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:42 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, the latest The End Machine album dropped recently and IMO, it's pretty ****ing good. Great production, great mix, phenomenal playing and singing.

Thanks. I see it’s on Amazon music. I’ll give it a listen.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 06-26-2021
If you guys really dig Lynch, here's a track from one of his other recent projects. The song's a bit long, IMO, and I haven't checked out the other songs on the album, but it's pretty badass and this singer is a motherfucker.

[Reply]
Easy 6 12:32 PM 06-26-2021

[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up