View Poll Results: Do you SCUBA Dive
Yes I SCUBA dive, seeing the other 70% of the world. 2 14.29%
No, I'm afraid of the water or things in it. 12 85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season - hobbies
tx4chiefs 04:44 PM 06-15-2021
OK. In the Key West post, I saw a lot of SCUBA suggestions. So, how many guys (people) on this board SCUBA dive and what level of certification?

I'm PADI Divemaster, been diving about 21 years.
[Reply]
eDave 06:08 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Rare earth magnets?

Try drilling into one
Make sure you have enough trannies. You will blow at least one.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:15 PM 06-15-2021
My favorite hobby is reading the posts on ChiefsPlanet dot com, which is my favorite website dedicated to my favorite professional football team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:37 PM 06-15-2021
I was a child during a short era when there was a lot of talk about underseas habitats, and I found that pretty intriguing. But it seems inevitable that everyone in those habitats will eventually die when some kid forgets to close the door.

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:29 PM 06-15-2021
Ive done resort dives 3 times now, plan to do one this weekend in Mexico. I can see why some people don't like it but its pretty fascinating.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:59 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I think you'd have a strong argument that Jaws may have had the greatest cultural influence of any movie of all time. I was too young to know how people viewed the ocean prior to Jaws but almost everyone I've ever met who reports to be afraid of the ocean cites Jaws or sharks in general (so basically, Jaws, whether they know it or not) as the reason why.
Hard to argue with that. It wasn't just Midwestern kids who didn't know dick about the ocean that were scared - it was damned near everybody. We went to Florida later that summer (nice timing, mom). I wouldn't go out in the water past my knees. And there were plenty of adults who wouldn't, either.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:51 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
My favorite hobby is midgets.
fixed your spelling.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:54 PM 06-15-2021
My favorite hobby is magnets.
I think that's an attractive hobby even though some people find it repelling.
[Reply]
scho63 05:25 AM 06-16-2021
Got my scuba certification in 1981. Dove wrecks and in Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Haiti, British Virgin Islands, Maui, Bahamas, Bora Bora, Fiji, Cozumel, Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

Snow skiied at Kitzbuhel and Innsbruck Austria, Chamonix Mt Blanc France, Killington and Smugglers Notch Vermont, Hunter Mtn New York, Camelback Pennsylvania, Squaw Valley and Incline in California.

Traveled to 36 countries.

Slept with 300-350 women from all over the World.

Dined out at top restaurants in New York City, San Francisco, Paris, Rome, Hong Kong. I've eaten out at restaurants between 7,500-8,000 times in the last 25-30 years.

Been to Napa and Sonoma 25x's drinking and buying fine wine, also many wineries in Virginia, Australia, France

Owned brand new luxury cars including a 1986 Jaguar XJ-6 and 1984 Cadillac Eldorado

I've got 160 top rated cigars aging in my new electric cooled humidor fridge sitting at 68° with 66% humidity.
Some of the cigars include the 96 rated Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua which was the 2019 Cigar of the year and the 98 rated EP Carillo Pledge which is the 2020 Cigar of the year. Also some Montecristos, Romeo y Julieta, Punch, Alec Bradley Prensado, Rocky Patel, Ashton, Henry Clay, Liga Privada, CAO, Cohiba, Oliva, La Amor de Cuba, San Cristobal, H Upmann, Padron

I've got a lot of great costly hobbies. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:19 AM 06-16-2021
I've never done Scuba diving but I'd like to. I doubt I ever will as my girlfriend is not a strong swimmer, kind of afraid of large bodies of water, and definitely afraid of things in said water.

We actually did some snorkeling this past week in Aruba and I just feel like snorkeling is pointless. We visited a 450 year old shipwreck off the coast but I wasn't even able to explore it; I could only float along the surface and look down on the wreck. I would have loved to have been able to dive down and get a closer look.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:39 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was a child during a short era when there was a lot of talk about underseas habitats, and I found that pretty intriguing. But it seems inevitable that everyone in those habitats will eventually die when some kid forgets to close the door.

Moon pools...:-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:32 PM 06-16-2021
NSFW

[Reply]
Dayze 05:29 PM 06-16-2021
Just magnets.
I dislike people's knees.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12