ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 100
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:48 PM 01-05-2021
You know how this works. Let's say the Bills look like shit but end up winning against the Colts on a fluke play.

And the Chiefs stomp on their first round opponent.

Did we "get the momentum" back?

Honestly, if this guy actually believed all this BS he posts he would just bet on Buffalo to go to the Super Bowl and make some $$$. Why waste time here among the unbelievers?

Many of did not get to witness the power of Matt Barkley throwing bombs against a team that quit for proof of the power of Buffalo.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:49 PM 01-05-2021
Tell me when the last time a team didn't have a bye made the SB in either conference...I'll wait.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:51 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tell me when the last time a team didn't have a bye made the SB in either conference...I'll wait.
Those don't count....it was prior to week 8 this year!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:56 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
That’s nice

The Ravens had a higher DVOA than KC last year too

And we had a higher DVOA than the Patriots in 2018
The guy only knows about the regular season.
He doesn't know jackshit about the playoffs.

Let him live in that dream world for awhile.
We used to live there...remember?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 01-05-2021
I see he's going to avoid this question...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You know how this works. Let's say the Bills look like shit but end up winning against the Colts on a fluke play.

Honestly, if this guy actually believed all this BS he posts he would just bet on Buffalo to go to the Super Bowl and make some $$$. Why waste time here among the unbelievers?

Many of did not get to witness the power of Matt Barkley throwing bombs against a team that quit for proof of the power of Buffalo.
Because he doesn't actually believe the Bills are going to beat the Chiefs. Stop putting words in his mouth!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:02 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Yeah they were rough the first half of the season.

They averaged 4.8 points per week the first half the season (fantasy) and 10 points per week the second half of the season.
I understand you better than some here do.

I used to be you. I lived for that great regular season. It was awesome!

Chiefs would be awesome(or I thought they were) in the regular season & then get to the playoffs & get beat in the playoffs be a missed FG, or mysterious penalty or some weird play.

The playoffs are different son, everything is magnified. Players who played freely during the regular season, suddenly have their assholes pucker up in the playoffs. Players who were average in the regular season start to perform spectacularly!

It's a whole new world son.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:03 PM 01-05-2021
Yeah they were rough the first half of the season.

They averaged 4.8 points per week the first half the season (fantasy) and 10 points per week the second half of the season.
They also played 4 playoff teams in the first 9 weeks and the only one after that was in complete meltdown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They also played 4 playoff teams in the first 9 weeks and the only one after that was in complete meltdown.
Past performance does not indicate future results.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 01-05-2021
Since 1990, when the current 12-team playoff format was introduced, it's happened only 12 times and none since the 2012 Ravens.

I'll take this even further, the hot team myth about the playoffs...there are multiple articles out there that show that riding a hot streak into the playoffs means nothing.

Bye and Homefield are the most important determining factors.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:08 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Bills LB's Edmunds and AJ Klein were straight garbage to start the year. McDermott's adjustment was just to have them at the LOS or blitz all the time now since they are horrible in space.

That might work against rookie Tua or Lock. It won't be an answer to KC. Or Indy. Or Baltimore. Or Tenny.

Against KC you line up Klein and Edmunds that close to LOS and the ball is whizzing over their heads in 1 second to a streaking Tyreek or Mecole.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:10 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Past performance does not indicate future results.
Except for when it does!
[Reply]
diqlix 02:12 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Do you have your initial claim stats on hand? Show me the stats on the back half of the season being a better indicator on what teams do in the playoffs.

After you back up your claim I will be happy to back up mine.
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
[Reply]
diqlix 02:13 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Why would I put a bet on something I don't think is going to happen?

Can you link me to a post (literally any post) where I say that the Bills will beat the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:14 PM 01-05-2021
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
Who they were playing.

The Patriots, Dolphins, etc aren't invited to play in January.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 100
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up