ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 838 of 3903
« First < 338738788828834835836837838 83984084184284888893813381838 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:17 PM 03-27-2020
Well you are at-least where you can see your physical and mental behavior is not where you want it to be. So that is great. Most people just are crazy and can't see it. Start to view the world like a point guard in basketball. Look at stuff become aware of stuff look for the back door cut (jk) You are in no mans land. you can either accept yourself as being crazy and be fine with that and your body becomes at peace with your actions or you can get on the road to make some progress. when you are crazy and you hate being crazy is a bad spot to be in.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:18 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
He killed himself.
but he stopped wrapping himself in a baked potato!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:20 PM 03-27-2020
The big thing for me with anxiety was that I am always going to have anxiety around people yelling and being aggressive because I was beat ALOT. So I am good with that. Take my meds. Then be present and accept that you feel the way you feel. There are some small things can make a change but if you could feel awesome all the time you would. So just settle in to your emotions and enjoy life for what it is.
[Reply]
TLO 05:25 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
but he stopped wrapping himself in a baked potato!
:-) that's true...
[Reply]
SupDock 05:38 PM 03-27-2020
NYC data, don't click TLO

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:42 PM 03-27-2020
309 deaths
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:44 PM 03-27-2020
Well just got back from Wal-Mart and Kroger. I was amazed. Things seem to be calming down. There was some toilet paper, wipes and disinfectant cleaners. Most of the canned goods were back on the shelves. There were pallets of water at WalMart and the shelves at Kroger were mostly full.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:48 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
NYC data, don't click TLO

Spoiler!
Huh the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ shows that NY has 5,833 new today with 53 deaths today.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:50 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The old folks are being hard-headed as hell about this thing.

My grandparents are in their 80s and my grandpa is just a walking disaster - damn near every part of him is broken in some way. They have spent the last week insisting that they're gonna come back to KC from their little snowbird cottage in Florida. My mom and I have been arguing with them to just !@#$ing stay put.

Yesterday they finally relented and said they'd stay there. There's just no sense at all in exposing yourself to more people. I mean on one hand, florida is probably going to get hit harder and with their population of elderly there may be a greater chance of capacity issues in their hospitals. But driving 16 hours over a couple of days to get yourself back to Kansas City isn't smart either - that's just more time out in the public.

Ultimately had they come up with a better reason, I suspect I'd have been more inclined to listen. But they just wanted to get back and open their house back up and get to a couple of doctors appointments they'd had scheduled. Just being stubborn old goats.
your theory may be correct. Since we do have an elderly population, it’s a good assumption that if he dies go south, wherever they bring him in will probably do a better job than the Missouri hospitals just basing it on more experience with that age bracket. You need me to look in on the old man, PM me.

Originally Posted by TLO:
They've been out to sea since early March. Apparently they thought they were all safe on board? Idk.
they still have to take in supplies st ports. There were workers at those ports that were positive. They take on new workers at those ports. Every cruise needs to be docked.

Originally Posted by eDave:
My dad is over the top scared. He's like 82 or something like that.

Asshole brother was talking about inheritance the other day. :-)
my brother-in-law did something similar. The elderly parent had an account with 300K in it. He was worried about a collapse and she’d lose the $50K. Talked to her and now she’s freaking out about a collapse. Wants to start giving us money settling the estate etc. I was really pissed. Neither him or us are in financial woes. He should never have talked to her about that shit. I don’t want her money while she is alive. I think it makes her feel better to have a financial cushion. She grew up literally dirt poor.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:51 PM 03-27-2020
I kept track today.

I've taken my temperature 54 times. I worked for 4 hours in office today too.

Good Lord I'm insane.

Gonna spend the evening trying to relax, and look up some mindfulness and meditation later tonight or tomorrow
At this point you should just get a wireless grill thermometer and stick it in your ass so you can easily see your temp anytime you want to.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:53 PM 03-27-2020
I kept track today.

I've taken my temperature 54 times. I worked for 4 hours in office today too.

Good Lord I'm insane.

Gonna spend the evening trying to relax, and look up some mindfulness and meditation later tonight or tomorrow
How the fuck with a name and avatar like that do you not have some game that you can get lost in for a few hours and unwind?
[Reply]
TLO 05:54 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Huh the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ shows that NY has 5,833 new today with 53 deaths today.
Those are not real time numbers.
[Reply]
TLO 05:56 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
At this point you should just get a wireless grill thermometer and stick it in your ass so you can easily see your temp anytime you want to.
This made me laugh pretty damn hard.
Originally Posted by jd1020:
How the **** with a name and avatar like that not have some game that you can get lost in for a few hours and unwind?
Because OCD is a fucking bitch. I'm working on things to distract me.
[Reply]
eDave 05:57 PM 03-27-2020
This made me laugh pretty damn hard.

Because OCD is a fucking bitch. I'm working on things to distract me.
I think sinking yourself into a game is great advice. I'll gift you whatever you want to immerse yourself into.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:57 PM 03-27-2020
Here is one thing I hope we keep as a society after the pandemic ends... the focused attention on personal space.

It's kind of nice to be in line at a store and not have the person behind you literally on your ass.
[Reply]
Page 838 of 3903
« First < 338738788828834835836837838 83984084184284888893813381838 > Last »
Up