ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 428 of 3903
« First < 328378418424425426427428 4294304314324384785289281428 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:17 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nah, it was my wife, too. She just finished two years of targeted therapy last week. I was diagnosed with Stage III Hodgkin's Lymphoma in January. I started treatment about six weeks ago. Prognosis is good, but I'd be lying if I said these recent developments haven't made me a bit skittish.

I've been able to keep working through treatment, although days 3-7 after chemo have been pretty shitty. My hair finally started falling out last week, so I had my girls and wife buzz my head with dog clippers (because they carve through a hell of a lot more hair than a beard and mustache trimmer). Funny thing is, my hair is now growing again, but it will probably all fall out after the next treatment. I still have to shave, but only once a week or so instead of daily.

I should probably just shave a goatee in while I still have a beard so I can truly become a member of the inner circle.
Damn your family has had a rough medical go the last few years. Best wishes and good luck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 03-18-2020
fucking MREs got moved back to April 21

im going to get sick now i bet
[Reply]
Spott 03:18 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I think this was recorded in the 80’s. One of the guys in there is wearing a Guns N Roses shirt and playing with a Rubik’s cube.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:18 PM 03-18-2020
Nah, it was my wife, too. She just finished two years of targeted therapy last week. I was diagnosed with Stage III Hodgkin's Lymphoma in January. I started treatment about six weeks ago. Prognosis is good, but I'd be lying if I said these recent developments haven't made me a bit skittish.

I've been able to keep working through treatment, although days 3-7 after chemo have been pretty shitty. My hair finally started falling out last week, so I had my girls and wife buzz my head with dog clippers (because they carve through a hell of a lot more hair than a beard and mustache trimmer). Funny thing is, my hair is now growing again, but it will probably all fall out after the next treatment. I still have to shave, but only once a week or so instead of daily.

I should probably just shave a goatee in while I still have a beard so I can truly become a member of the inner circle.
Damn, I must have missed this (or you've been quiet about it). Hang in there man.
[Reply]
Fish 03:20 PM 03-18-2020
My younger sister is an ER nurse in Colorado. She just returned to work this week after an extended time away. After her first few days back to work, she texted most of our family about it urging them to stay home and not underestimate this. Before going back to work, she'd been joking about overreaction. Now she says she's getting scared for other people. Said she didn't realize the severity until she started working with patients. Her patients are ranging from 30-80. All needing ventilators, an the ventilators are running at max settings. My nephew was in the hospital just last month with RSV that turned into pneumonia. So she's now worried about catching it and giving it to her son. Really hope that doesn't happen.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:21 PM 03-18-2020

Prayers man!
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 03-18-2020
Still true. It's due to glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency. It is more prone to certain ethnic/racial groups. It causes lysis of red blood cells in people who take those drugs
So could this shit actually work?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:24 PM 03-18-2020
Take care Hamas......Prayers for you and the family
[Reply]
Pablo 03:25 PM 03-18-2020

Well fuck that's a bit of a rough road to say the least. Get the goatee going while you can. You'll have time to squeeze in a Chiefs tattoo later.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:25 PM 03-18-2020
So, I've been working from home starting on Monday. My boss called me today to let me know that a coworker is exhibiting symptoms. Cough and sore throat. They have not been tested, just have symptoms.

They can't tell us who it is, but everyone in our department has potentially been exposed. Everyone has a pretty good idea who it is, one of our remote workers from Washington state was in the office last week for an outage weekend.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:26 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So could this shit actually work?
https://www.axios.com/scoop-bayer-to...ccf4eff36.html

Originally Posted by :
Pharma company Bayer will soon make a large donation to the U.S. government of a drug that has shown some promise in helping patients suffering from the novel coronavirus, according to a senior Health and Human Services official and another source with direct knowledge.

Why it matters: It doesn't hurt to have a potential treatment on hand, but we're still a very long way from having an approved, clinically tested treatment for the coronavirus.

The big picture: Early evidence suggests that chloroquine — an inexpensive anti-malarial drug — may work just as well, if not even better, than remdesivir, a drug owned by Gilead, which is undergoing clinical trials for treatment of the coronavirus.

[Reply]
O.city 03:28 PM 03-18-2020
That's good news.

Lets science the shit outta this fucker.
[Reply]
eDave 03:28 PM 03-18-2020
So, I've been working from home starting on Monday. My boss called me today to let me know that a coworker is exhibiting symptoms. Cough and sore throat. They have not been tested, just have symptoms.

They can't tell us who it is, but everyone in our department has potentially been exposed. Everyone has a pretty good idea who it is, one of our remote workers from Washington state was in the office last week for an outage weekend.
Dibs on your Mod position.
[Reply]
TLO 03:28 PM 03-18-2020

It's possible - but someone that has a cough and sore throat doesn't necessarily mean they have the coronavirus.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:28 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Dibs on your Mod position.
Haha, the rest of the guys are scrubbing the Mod Lounge as I type this.
[Reply]
Page 428 of 3903
« First < 328378418424425426427428 4294304314324384785289281428 > Last »
Up