ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 388 of 3903
« First < 288338378384385386387388 3893903913923984384888881388 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 05:40 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Right now there’s not a whole lot to spend money on, besides more Chiefs Super Bowl gear.
I'm buying up plane tickets for future use.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:41 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If shit hits the fan, the mortgage (and rent) can wait.

Because if your landlord contacts the sheriff to toss you out, the sheriff is gonna tell him to **** off. Moreover, most courts are closed anyway so how's your landlord going to get the eviction order anyway?

And banks don't want to be in the business of real-estate. If you miss this month's mortgage, they AIN'T gonna foreclose. Not if 1/2 the country is defaulting. Hell, aren't most mortgages held by Fanny and Freddy these days anyway? The fed most assuredly isn't calling them due...

That's why some of these concerns are overblown - the real practical impact will be minimal. Worrying about "how are people gonna make their rent!!?!" is missing the mark. The real worry is "how are people gonna have jobs to go back to in 90 days?"

This plan is missing the problem completely.
This is so wrong. The financial impact will be bigger than the virus.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:43 PM 03-17-2020
Where’s the details on this $1k I’m getting?!
[Reply]
Spott 05:43 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm buying up plane tickets for future use.
I fly all the time for work so I stocked up for a little while. I have 8 flights booked on my Allegiant app right now. I was supposed to go on a cruise the first week of May but that may not happen.
[Reply]
eDave 05:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Agreed. But his point about rent and mortgage (I'll add your car payment, insurance, etc.) being survivalbe is spot on.

I call it survival living and I've been through it a couple of times in my life and lived to tell the tale. I'm fairly well off now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:46 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Someone's gonna get shot for wearing a bandana and walking into a 7-11. Fuck.
Entirely possible. And this is a prime example of what I mean when I talk about overreacting. People are just panicking and not asking the time to fully think things through. If we do not reign this in quick we will quite possibly do more damage to our country than the virus ever could.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:46 PM 03-17-2020
Much much much bigger.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:47 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Agreed. But his point about rent and mortgage (I'll add your car payment, insurance, etc.) being survivalbe is spot on.

I call it survival living and I've been through it a couple of times in my life.
well that sucks. I looked at my houses value last week. :-) pleasantly surprised to say the least. Now real estate is going to tank again?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:47 PM 03-17-2020

Only in Buffalo �� #GoBills #Billsmafia #BRADYOUT pic.twitter.com/HW5ka5Ptir

— Carli Zielinski (@carlifarley) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 05:48 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hell, I'd have no problem rolling with a mask. But do you remember how in the beginning they told us to not wear masks because they don't do anything? I mean damn, how could it NOT help? Sure, it's not 100%,but it's something.
Yeah I think that's why they don't want to reverse course. I really think they're running the SARS playbook and haven't updated to the new information. The fact that they're still screening for if you traveled gives me no confidence they're on the ball on this.

Also maybe they're afraid of a run on masks that healthcare providers need. But Chinese citizens aren't wearing N95 - they're wearing surgical masks. I know we can somehow come up with millions of those, right?

I had it confirmed from someone else that China's official policy is that everyone wears a mask in public right now. Hopefully Italy follows suit when they let people back out and then we can't ignore it's the right thing to do.

We need a solid policy for when these bans lift. We can't just stumble into it like we're doing now.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:48 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
So, some rough math...

~209,000,000 US citizens over the age of 18
~19,000,000 millionaires+
$1000/person

So excluding millionaires, that's ~$190B? Wow.
They're talking about another $700B corporate stimulus.
[Reply]
eDave 05:49 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
well that sucks. I looked at my houses value last week. :-) pleasantly surprised to say the least. Now real estate is going to tank again?
If I were to get gloomy, I'd say that when all the boomers kick it, there will be a ton of inventory. And I thought the rate cuts were done for this reason, if they trickle down that far. Appears they will.
[Reply]
O.city 05:50 PM 03-17-2020
Looks like Italy is turning the corner. Hopefully
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:50 PM 03-17-2020
Treasury secretary says unemployment could be 20%. Wasn’t the worst unemployment % in the depression 24.9%?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:51 PM 03-17-2020

Right now #China is making threats to disrupt America’s drug supply chain during the #coronavirus #pandemic — congress & WH gearing up to fight back. Hope you’ll tune infor the story @BretBaier @SpecialReport

— Gillian Turner (@GillianHTurner) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
Page 388 of 3903
« First < 288338378384385386387388 3893903913923984384888881388 > Last »
Up