ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2637 of 3903
« First < 1637213725372587262726332634263526362637 263826392640264126472687273731373637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:11 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well the media has made the shift from deaths to cases. A lot of people have grasped onto that and now have a "but are you dead?" attitude. I agree in places like AZ and CA where the hospitals are getting ran on things need to be taken seriously.

But people understand that if you do get Covid you are not going to die and really have a good chance to not even know you got it.

Rightly or wrongly it comes down to deaths. And good or bad, we have seen cases almost triple but deaths are not up by much.
And here's the fucking problem.

People are fucking selfish and only care about themselves.

YOU probably won't die. What about the people you pass it on to unknowingly? Or the people THEY pass it on to unknowingly? And the people THEY pass it on to unknowlingly?

And that's just deaths. Let's talk about the long term effects. Wife spoke to a doc at Lake Ozark Regional Hospital today. Lots of stories to tell, but the one that stood out to me was the 18 year old female high school athlete who "recovered" but has a chest x-ray unlike doctors have ever seen. They have no idea how it's going to effect her long term.

Shit, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about what's happening inside me at any given moment. I'm several months into "recovery" and there are still days I feel like ass out of nowhere.

TL;DR: People need to start giving a shit about others.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:11 PM 07-16-2020
I heard an interview with a guy who owned a barbershop and he said he expects to be cited but he isn't closing.

You can't tell people their business are shut down and tough shit if it means you can't feed yourself, pay your rent, etc. People will just ignore you. Especially when the order is coming from someone who is getting their full pay check.
In the Ca central valley there have been a couple of mayors that have declared "all businesses are essential" in their towns and cities and have been giving Gavin the middle finger
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 07-16-2020
I heard an interview with a guy who owned a barbershop and he said he expects to be cited but he isn't closing.

You can't tell people their business are shut down and tough shit if it means you can't feed yourself, pay your rent, etc. People will just ignore you. Especially when the order is coming from someone who is getting their full pay check.
Maybe people can get away with it in smaller counties and cities but that would be difficult to pull off in the heart of Hollywood because there's a "Task Force" that exists to make sure businesses are in compliance with the state and local orders.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:13 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Maybe people can get away with it in smaller counties and cities but that would be difficult to pull off in the heart of Hollywood because there's a "Task Force" that exists to make sure businesses are in compliance with the state and local orders.
Yeah, the King's Guard......this guy sounded like he was in L.A..
[Reply]
petegz28 07:15 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
And here's the ****ing problem.

People are ****ing selfish and only care about themselves.

YOU probably won't die. What about the people you pass it on to unknowingly? Or the people THEY pass it on to unknowingly? And the people THEY pass it on to unknowlingly?

And that's just deaths. Let's talk about the long term effects. Wife spoke to a doc at Lake Ozark Regional Hospital today. Lots of stories to tell, but the one that stood out to me was the 18 year old female high school athlete who "recovered" but has a chest x-ray unlike doctors have ever seen. They have no idea how it's going to effect her long term.

Shit, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about what's happening inside me at any given moment. I'm several months into "recovery" and there are still days I feel like ass out of nowhere.

TL;DR: People need to start giving a shit about others.
I wouldn't rack your brain to much about what's going on inside you. Sometimes it's best we don't know......all kinds of creepy, crawly stuff in us
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:19 PM 07-16-2020
I wouldn't rack your brain to much about what's going on inside you. Sometimes it's best we don't know......all kinds of creepy, crawly stuff in us
Glad that’s what you took away from my post. And you wonder why you’re getting beat up in this thread?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:21 PM 07-16-2020
Glad that’s what you took away from my post. And you wonder why you’re getting beat up in this thread?
Who said that's all I took away from your post, Karen? Damn......
[Reply]
lewdog 07:21 PM 07-16-2020
I’ve got more chest tightness feeling on day 6 than I’ve had on any other day. I realize days 7-10 can sometimes go more severe.

Could really use some Boone’s farm.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:22 PM 07-16-2020
Anybody remember the news discussing the strange respiratory affects of vaping and E cigs on our youth last year? I remember seeing reports of doctors looking at young kids lungs asking, "WTF???" and there were definitely ill kids and some fatalities and tons of talk about making ecigs and vaping unlawful. Has that discussion stopped because of Covid? Seems to me I havent heard anything regarding Ecigs and vaping killing people anymore.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:23 PM 07-16-2020
Who said that's all I took away from your post, Karen? Damn......
Feel free to share then.
[Reply]
TLO 07:23 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’ve got more chest tightness feeling on day 6 than I’ve had on any other day. I realize days 7-10 can sometimes go more severe.

How's the pulse ox looking?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:24 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Anybody remember the news discussing the strange respiratory affects of vaping and E cigs on our youth last year? I remember seeing reports of doctors looking at young kids lungs asking, "WTF???" and there were definitely ill kids and some fatalities and tons of talk about making ecigs and vaping unlawful. Has that discussion stopped because of Covid? Seems to me I havent heard anything regarding Ecigs and vaping killing people anymore.
That vaping shit is just idiotic.....never understood it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:25 PM 07-16-2020
Feel free to share then.
What do you want me to share? Do you need some sort of validation? Some form of confirmation of your opinion? I told you why I thought people weren't taking it seriously. I am not sure what it is you think I am supposed to say?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:26 PM 07-16-2020

Check your Pulse Ox and take the tightness seriously, please.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:27 PM 07-16-2020

Let your kid take a ball bat to your knee once or twice. It won't fix your chest but you'll forget about it for a few hours at least.
[Reply]
Page 2637 of 3903
« First < 1637213725372587262726332634263526362637 263826392640264126472687273731373637 > Last »
Up