ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2535 of 3903
« First < 1535203524352485252525312532253325342535 253625372538253925452585263530353535 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:09 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There's a reoccurring "meme" about this very subject I see on social media.

Guessing you haven't seen it so I'll summarize: no, people in fact, do not want to 'work' as you're framing it here.
No, I haven't seen the meme, nor do I put any stock into said meme.

I don't know of a single person that's not working that wants to continue to be unemployed, whether it's people that work in film & TV productions to hairdressers and barbers to "non-essential" construction workers and contractors, etc. and so on.

This is just another lame attempt to claim that people in this country, especially lower wage earners, are lazy.

I call bullshit.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:11 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I don't know of a single person that's not working that wants to continue to be unemployed, whether it's people that work in film & TV productions to hairdressers and barbers to "non-essential" construction workers and contractors, etc. and so on.

This is just another lame attempt to claim that people in this country, especially lower wage earners, are lazy.

I call bullshit.
I think it's somewhere in the middle but when the fed UE goes away everyone then will want their jobs back for sure.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:13 PM 07-08-2020

I call bullshit.

I actually know some people that are not wanting to go back to work because they are making more on UE right now. Most of them are in the restaurant business. One of the few actually went back just because she was tired of being at home but the others are riding it out as long as they can.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:13 PM 07-08-2020

I call bullshit.
1) The people I see propagating the meme aren't exactly in the top 50% earnings bracket.

2) Again, you're thinking the meme itself is about the, for lack of a better term, validity of accepting unemployment due to health risk against being employed because they'd rather not accept unemployment in any circumstance.

The meme is about the validity of employment itself.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 03:21 PM 07-08-2020
Unemployment was below 4% before C-19, so there's absolutely no reason to believe or think that people don't want to work.

Your "ideas" are bunk.
I don’t know what we’re arguing. As I said originally extend unemployment benefits while simultaneously incentivizing below a certain wage threshold essential workers.
[Reply]
eDave 03:22 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I actually know some people that are not wanting to go back to work because they are making more on UE right now. Most of them are in the restaurant business. One of the few actually went back just because she was tired of being at home but the others are riding it out as long as they can.
$2/hr. 1/2 clientele. Risk of getting shut down again and refiling (and waiting, and waiting). All for a shot at getting sick and dying. No thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:32 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Most of them are in the restaurant business. One of the few actually went back just because she was tired of being at home but the others are riding it out as long as they can.
Originally Posted by eDave:
$2/hr. 1/2 clientele. Risk of getting shut down again and refiling (and waiting, and waiting). All for a shot at getting sick and dying. No thanks.
^^^^^^
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:50 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
32% of all households in the US did not make their mortgage or rent payment on time for July. They really aren't going to have any choice but to extend unemployment and/or moratoriums on evictions.
Unfortunately they do have a choice.

I hope it doesn't come to it, but I won't be shocked if the homeless and literally living on the street population explodes over the next year.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:52 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Gee. If only we had time to expand health care capacity in densely populated areas.
Gee. If only we could have taken a more European approach. We could be cautiously reopening without the need to expand health care in densely populated areas.
[Reply]
TLO 03:58 PM 07-08-2020
Looks like we're hitting the over on Worldomoters again today.
[Reply]
TLO 04:00 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Gee. If only we could have taken a more European approach. We could be cautiously reopening without the need to expand health care in densely populated areas.
I hope Europe continues doing well, but if we're nowhere near heard immunity, they're eventually going to see a spike in cases as well I think. (At least in some areas)
[Reply]
O.city 04:12 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I hope Europe continues doing well, but if we're nowhere near heard immunity, they're eventually going to see a spike in cases as well I think. (At least in some areas)
We've gotta hope HI is closer to 20% and NY and Italy and places hit hard just had big overshoot.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:14 PM 07-08-2020
A friend of mine quarantined since April 1st. She went to a crossfit gym last week, thinking she earned it.

She just got a positive test back yesterday. She hasn't been able to smell for a week.
[Reply]
R Clark 04:37 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
A friend of mine quarantined since April 1st. She went to a crossfit gym last week, thinking she earned it.

She just got a positive test back yesterday. She hasn't been able to smell for a week.
Well now she can tolerate your stinky ass. Lol
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:41 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Don't think anyone would disagree, but that person shouldn't be making more staying at home than someone who IS working in a similar role.

Hell 007 got hit with a 10% PAY CUT and he's on the front line in the health care industry. Talk about bullshit...there it is.
[Reply]
Page 2535 of 3903
« First < 1535203524352485252525312532253325342535 253625372538253925452585263530353535 > Last »
Up