ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2487 of 3903
« First < 1487198723872437247724832484248524862487 248824892490249124972537258729873487 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:32 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
How is it obvious? It is not obvious to me and I hate the Democrats, the Republicans and the Trump fans.
Take a look at the banned list and take a look at shit Stumpy and Mecca post while still be allowed in the thread.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:35 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's pretty obvious at this point anything Anti-Trump is ok.
Is observing that Trump doesn't wear a mask anti-Trump?

Fun fact, though, the past few people banned from the thread have been anti-Trump. Much more blatantly than this, though.
[Reply]
Pants 03:35 PM 07-01-2020
Take a look at the banned list and take a look at shit Stumpy and Mecca post while still be allowed in the thread.
Mecca has skirted the line many times and probably has come close to being banned. Lines have been skirted by both sides.

The banned list will tell me nothing because I honestly do not know people's political affiliations and preferences outside of the fucking nutjobs. I don't think Mecca is a nutjob.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:36 PM 07-01-2020
Mecca has skirted the line many times and probably has come close to being banned. Lines have been skirted by both sides.

The banned list will tell me nothing because I honestly do not know people's political affiliations and preferences outside of the fucking nutjobs. I don't think Mecca is a nutjob.
For the record, Mecca was banned a few days ago.
[Reply]
Pants 03:38 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For the record, Mecca was banned a few days ago.
I guess you skirt the line too many times, you face the hammer.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:38 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Why did you bother quoting my post since none of what you wrote offers any sort of counterpoint to what I said originally?

It's quite simple: if there's a benefit to wider public health by wearing an improvised, non-medical grade PPE mask through limiting droplet spread now then there certainly was one four to five months ago because it is known that typical influenza and cold viruses are commonly transmitted through droplet spread. Even if it were not the case that SARSCov2 is inhibited by such improvised measures then there still is the wider benefit of cutting down the spread of non-novel respiratory viruses which in turn cuts down on health care usage.

That's the case in which they were wrong and a cloth mask doesn't do shit against SARSCov2. If they were right, then C-19 proliferates at a much slower rate and potentially negates or curtails the length of major lockdowns across the country.

In either circumstance, the CDC gets an out once further information on SARSCov2 comes to light and can say "Look, we weren't sure improvised masks would work for instances when people could not avoid 'social distancing', but at the time it was the best we could recommend since we needed to preserve PPE for health care providers."

But instead, their best course of action was to lie and say "nah just proceed as normal" in order to prevent runs on medical grade PPE by the general public when there was a potential alternative in recommending physical distancing in concert with improvised masking to those who couldn't otherwise avoid to stay in household isolation.
Cloth masks at the time were considered more harmful than good . The more they learned about covid they realized it would help with asymptotic spread which is not normal for other respiratory viruses.

I still wouldn’t use a cloth masks right now .
[Reply]
Donger 03:41 PM 07-01-2020
It's pretty obvious at this point anything Anti-Trump is ok.
Pointing out that Trump is pretty anti-mask isn't political. It's just a fact.

If merely mentioning the actions or lack of actions of a governor or mayor is worthy of a ban, this thread would be depopulated rather quickly.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:41 PM 07-01-2020
That's basically how it works, yeah. We generally try not to dump people for anything that could be remotely considered to be political, but after a while the pattern becomes clear.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:42 PM 07-01-2020
How is it obvious? It is not obvious to me and I hate the Democrats, the Republicans and the Trump fans.

I hate the fact that all objective reasoning is gone in this country because people pick a fucking side and ride or die.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:45 PM 07-01-2020
He also posted a screen shot with the N word which actually should warrant a ban from the site for filter evasion.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:51 PM 07-01-2020
FTR, I actively hide all of the political bullshit I can on social media and I have several relatives who annoy the shit out of me with anti-Trump things, actually more so than Trump supporters.

Not that all of the butthurt is surprising at all... the next most-banned thread is probably 3-5 people and this one has close to 30.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:23 PM 07-01-2020
Home Depot is probably about 50% masks at best from customers. There is no real pattern. All ages and genders are wearing and not wearing them. Hy-Vee was probably at about 90% mask wearing. I’m beginning to think there is a social construct people are following in which they know certain stores have different acceptable norms and they are going with that on whether or not they wear a mask.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:28 PM 07-01-2020
The fact is there is some politics to this. The media and our politicians have seen to that. Even the other day when Gov. Kelly gave her presser on masks in Ks she had to say "even Republicans are wearing masks here... ". That shit doesn't help. FTR I know people both D & R that are fer masks and people both D & R that are gin' em'.

For the most part I think we have kept this thread free of politics about as well as you can. I wouldn't have banned Mecca, at least not a perma-ban but not my call.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:33 PM 07-01-2020
Bullshit. I haven't posted anything that's anymore political than pete has. And he does it daily.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:35 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Bullshit. I haven't posted anything that's anymore political than pete has. And he does it daily.
The hell I do. I think you need to check yourself, bro.
[Reply]
Page 2487 of 3903
« First < 1487198723872437247724832484248524862487 248824892490249124972537258729873487 > Last »
Up