ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2137 of 3903
« First < 1137163720372087212721332134213521362137 213821392140214121472187223726373137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 12:10 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Not playing the Donger today, sorry.
its a pretty simple question...
[Reply]
jdubya 12:11 PM 05-21-2020
Taken by a nurse friend of mine ...

I have those same masks but the piece of paper with the instructions is written in Chinese so I dont know what it says lol.

Ive heard mosts masks are about as effective against C19 as a chainlink fence is for keeping mosquitos out. I wear a mask simply to keep folks feeling better about themselves when seeing me more than anything else. I dont mind. If it makes folks feel better, so what?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:11 PM 05-21-2020
For you geniuses that keep spouting off about what you think an article said but since you didn't actually read it don't know what it actually said...

Originally Posted by :
"Any filter that’s made out of woven material not designed to be a filter is not going to collect particles in an efficient way. It will collect larger ones with some efficiency but not smaller ones."

Brosseau said that infected individuals generate around 900 particles of the disease a minute when talking or breathing. Current theories, she explained, estimate that an individual needs about 1,000 particles to become infected by the virus.

"Cloth masks stop about 50 percent of particles," she said. "If it takes you two or three minutes to get an infectious dose, the mask may move the infection time up a little bit longer." The slight extension in the time it takes to become infected, she argued, would be insufficient to protect those in customer-facing service work like "retail, or someone driving a bus."

She argued that surgical masks are not much better. They were "originally designed to prevent the emission of large droplets for surgeons in surgical setting, to prevent bacterial infections during surgery," she said.

[Reply]
Kiimo 12:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hai gai’s, just stopped by to say... TRUMP!

President Trump explaining the results of his most recent coronavirus test: “I tested very positively.... in another sense...I tested positively towards negative...I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning, I tested negative.” pic.twitter.com/VE8rVT09ny

— Vladimir Duthiers (@vladduthiersCBS) May 21, 2020

no comment
[Reply]
Monticore 12:11 PM 05-21-2020
Nice try......just admit you went off without reading first. It's okay. Several of you did and now you're all trying to make yourself feel smart about doing sucha stupid thing.
Pete I have been the one from the beginning saying masks on an individual basis are not effective at protecting people from getting it , but is more to protect people from you. surgeons wear masks to protect the patient not themselves but when blood goes flying it can still offer some when used properly.

if you are not wearing a mask but everybody around is it can reduce the viral load in the environment/air . If used properly (like sterile equipment ) it can offer short term protection in areas where social distancing is not possible.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
its a pretty simple question...
If it was a sincere question you would be right.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:12 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not sure why we bother debating Pete on this one at this point. He's clearly convinced that no one should be wearing them because all they do is make us sicker. The conclusions of pretty much every public health agency out there aren't enough to convince him, so I don't think anything will.

I guess the answer to a virus that has been proven to be primarily transmitted through the air through person-to-person contact is to do nothing.
I think you should read the article. I don't think it's biased but it does ask questions.

Originally Posted by :
So what changed in between then and now? Has compelling new evidence emerged that suggests widespread mask usage is effective at slowing the spread of the coronavirus? Has such evidence ever existed? In the view of some dissenting experts, the answers are, respectively: Not much, no, and no. Yet, for now at least, a broad consensus of expert opinion continues to insist it is necessary to wear them for the duration of the pandemic, if for no other reason than to be careful.

[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Pete I have been the one from the beginning saying masks on an individual basis are not effective at protecting people from getting it , but is more to protect people from you. surgeons wear masks to protect the patient not themselves but when blood goes flying it can still offer some when used properly.

if you are not wearing a mask but everybody around is it can reduce the viral load in the environment/air . If used properly (like sterile equipment ) it can offer short term protection in areas where social distancing is not possible.
Still haven't read the article, have you?

Originally Posted by :
For some reason at some point, surgical masks started to be worn as protective equipment for healthcare workers to protect against droplets being sprayed into the face," Brosseau said. "That was never the purpose of them. It was to prevent large droplets being spewed onto wounds."

[Reply]
petegz28 12:14 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I think you should read the article. I don't think it's biased but it does ask questions.
Thanks you! Crown this mother fucker King for the day. Someone who actually read the article!!!

:-):-):-):-)

Rep to you, Sir
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:14 PM 05-21-2020
ok

pete serious question here.

have you been wearing a mask when in public recently? im genuinely curious...
[Reply]
Lzen 12:15 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
...I wear a mask simply to keep folks feeling better about themselves when seeing me more than anything else. I dont mind. If it makes folks feel better, so what?
That's the way I do it. I have to wear one at work in common areas so I figure I might as well wear it in stores and such.
[Reply]
Donger 12:15 PM 05-21-2020
It's absolutely sincere. And, if you have been wearing a mask recently, are you going to stop based on that article?
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:16 PM 05-21-2020
Still haven't read the article, have you?
does droplets getting into wounds spread the cornavirus?

ive seriously never seen that said, but i could have missed something.
[Reply]
Pants 12:16 PM 05-21-2020
:-)

Thank you for telling us what we already know. But contrary to what you may think, a shitload of people are running around wearing masks, improperly mostly, thinking that it does protect them.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-effectiveness

https://theconversation.com/masks-he...wearing-138507

There are another Eleventy Billion articles and papers like this.

Do the masks stop the virus clusters from getting through? Very few do. Do the masks help prevent the spread of the virus? Absolutely.

Does it matter WHY people wear masks? Nope. Regardless of your reason to wear them, the benefits are the same.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:16 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

no comment
:-) WHAT??? :-)
[Reply]
Page 2137 of 3903
« First < 1137163720372087212721332134213521362137 213821392140214121472187223726373137 > Last »
Up