ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2097 of 3903
« First < 1097159719972047208720932094209520962097 209820992100210121072147219725973097 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 01:13 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Unless we are comparing to show how many more cases there are like titty meat was doing?

It seems like I see a lot of comparison about how many covid cases compared to flu cases to show how bad covid is. But as soon as someone points something out to knock that down a little, all of a sudden we cant compare them anymore.
He didn’t really need to compare it to the flu to point out 85k deaths in 2 months is bad . But we know why he did it which I don’t want to get into because before you know it you end up with a 2000 pages thread about it.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:15 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is regulations by the Governor.
So the Governor himself issued regulations restricting interstate travel enforced via fines paid to the state? Do you know what law he used to back this restriction?

I hope someone jumped all over this.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:20 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And I take that as a positive, really. Especially in a state like Texas.
Right? I’m assuming eDave was commending the numbers as well after reading the article but it did seem like he was trying to make it seem like a bad thing. The word steady definitely carries a whole new meaning after you read the article. Hopefully they can continue to keep the numbers down for sure!
[Reply]
jdubya 01:23 PM 05-17-2020
It is interesting and somewhat upsetting witnessing some Governers and Mayors of cities becoming drunk with kings power. The phrase I keep hearing from Newsome here in Ca is "I will allow you to...." or "In time you will be allowed to..."

The mayor in Lake Tahoe just recently told homeowners, "Those of you who have second homes here will be allowed to come to their house only for repairs and renovations and you will not be allowed to go outside".....

I think I resent the term "allowed".........it sounds so eastern block-esq lol
[Reply]
Donger 01:31 PM 05-17-2020
Amazing what happens with the numbers when you double the tests in the span of two weeks, huh?

And I take that as a positive, really. Especially in a state like Texas.

"Since [COVID-19 testing] started, we did 330,000 tests in March and April. Since May 1, we have done over 330,000 -- so in 16 days we have doubled our testing from the previous entire two months," Wittman said.

That would be ~660,000 total tests.

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/index.html
[Reply]
TLO 01:55 PM 05-17-2020
There's a chance we could end the day at under 1000 deaths.
[Reply]
AustinChief 01:57 PM 05-17-2020
Wonder how many more tests have been done in those two weeks as compared to before?
Double the tests with more increases in testing coming. Talking about number if new cases as a raw number is meaningless. Deaths are a more accurate representation of how things are going and there have not been any significant spikes yet in that regard.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:00 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I wear a mask and just dip my body in vics and carry pills everywhere
I hate the aldis on 87th
[Reply]
Donger 02:14 PM 05-17-2020
Interesting super-spreader case in WA:

Following a 2.5-hour choir practice attended by 61 persons, including a symptomatic index patient, 32 confirmed and 20 probable secondary COVID-19 cases occurred (attack rate = 53.3% to 86.7%); three patients were hospitalized, and two died. Transmission was likely facilitated by close proximity (within 6 feet) during practice and augmented by the act of singing.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...NKE#contribAff
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:23 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

Following a 2.5-hour choir practice attended by 61 persons, including a symptomatic index patient, 32 confirmed and 20 probable secondary COVID-19 cases occurred (attack rate = 53.3% to 86.7%); three patients were hospitalized, and two died. Transmission was likely facilitated by close proximity (within 6 feet) during practice and augmented by the act of singing.

The findings in this report are subject to at least two limitations. First, the seating chart was not reported because of concerns about patient privacy. However, with attack rates of 53.3% and 86.7% among confirmed and all cases, respectively, and one hour of the practice occurring outside of the seating arrangement, the seating chart does not add substantive additional information. Second, the 19 choir members classified as having probable cases did not seek testing to confirm their illness. One person classified as having probable COVID-19 did seek testing 10 days after symptom onset and received a negative test result. It is possible that persons designated as having probable cases had another illness.

Sounds like a pretty huge ****ing limitation to your research
[Reply]
Donger 02:26 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The findings in this report are subject to at least two limitations. First, the seating chart was not reported because of concerns about patient privacy. However, with attack rates of 53.3% and 86.7% among confirmed and all cases, respectively, and one hour of the practice occurring outside of the seating arrangement, the seating chart does not add substantive additional information. Second, the 19 choir members classified as having probable cases did not seek testing to confirm their illness. One person classified as having probable COVID-19 did seek testing 10 days after symptom onset and received a negative test result. It is possible that persons designated as having probable cases had another illness.

Sounds like a pretty huge ****ing limitation to your research
Yes, that's why they have the percentage range. 53% confirmed from one person.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:27 PM 05-17-2020
https://fox4kc.com/tracking-coronavi...Iid0oHEAOleVQM
[Reply]
petegz28 02:49 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

WTF?
[Reply]
limested 03:19 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Double the tests with more increases in testing coming. Talking about number if new cases as a raw number is meaningless. Deaths are a more accurate representation of how things are going and there have not been any significant spikes yet in that regard.

deaths is not the more accurate. They are finding permanent lung, kidney, etc... issues even among those who do not end up in ICU.
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:30 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
deaths is not the more accurate. They are finding permanent lung, kidney, etc... issues even among those who do not end up in ICU.
Wtf are you talking about? We are talking about what numbers show whether or not Texas's reopening is causing a spike in Covid cases. The raw number of cases confirmed by testing is not a good indicator because of the increase in testing. Deaths in the other hand(given a lag time) are a much better indicator.

Your misleading fear mongering comment has zero to do with what we were discussing. If you choose to defend your comment please provide specific data and research on how many people as a percentage have proven permanent damage due to Covid-19. Make sure it is broken down by age please. Not sure how much I'm supposed to care about a 98 year old with "permanent" damage.

[Reply]
Page 2097 of 3903
« First < 1097159719972047208720932094209520962097 209820992100210121072147219725973097 > Last »
Up