ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2091 of 3903
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 209220932094209521012141219125913091 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 09:09 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Seriously? Everyone in their brother screaming we aren't testing enough then you ask someone why they would go an get tested?

:-)
You mean someone who hasn't been exposed and doesn't have any symptoms?

That's just fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:19 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You mean someone who hasn't been exposed and doesn't have any symptoms?

That's just fucking stupid.
Don't forget that the asymptomatic can spread it without knowing they are infected. So just because no symptoms doesn't mean that they should not be tested.
I am more interested in the testing that shows if a person has been infected in the past.
Something went through where I work in late January. Non of us tested positive for any of the, Flu, RSV, etc. Two of us have lost breathing capacity since that sickness.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:53 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Don't forget that the asymptomatic can spread it without knowing they are infected. So just because no symptoms doesn't mean that they should not be tested.
I am more interested in the testing that shows if a person has been infected in the past.
Something went through where I work in late January. Non of us tested positive for any of the, Flu, RSV, etc. Two of us have lost breathing capacity since that sickness.
Same thing here late January early February. Went through our office like a wildfire. Some had cough for 8 weeks. 2 developed pneumonia.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:54 PM 05-16-2020
Interesting how the last 2 flu seasons killed approx 94k Americans. As of today we have 89k covid deaths in just 2 months.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:28 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Went to Gates to order To Go but quickly noped my way out of there as no customers were wearing masks nor was the staff.
Good old Gates, continually proving they hate their job and their customers.

Went to the Main location 2 weeks ago, about a dozen customers mostly disregarding the small x's on the floor, 2 customers with masks hanging around their necks, no employees with masks. Somebody in the back of the line arguing over the shoulders of the customers in the front of the line about what comes with the dinner with half the staff yelling back. One of the cashiers was drenched in sweat and was spaced out, looked like she had a 103 temp and of course handling money and food.

Don't think I'm going back to Gates even after covid is over.
[Reply]
jaa1025 04:08 AM 05-17-2020
Interesting how the last 2 flu seasons killed approx 94k Americans. As of today we have 89k covid deaths in just 2 months.
The death count is being greatly overstated. Plus, they ended the flu season a month and a half early this year to add those deaths to the COVID count.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:17 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Good old Gates, continually proving they hate their job and their customers.

Went to the Main location 2 weeks ago, about a dozen customers mostly disregarding the small x's on the floor, 2 customers with masks hanging around their necks, no employees with masks. Somebody in the back of the line arguing over the shoulders of the customers in the front of the line about what comes with the dinner with half the staff yelling back. One of the cashiers was drenched in sweat and was spaced out, looked like she had a 103 temp and of course handling money and food.

Don't think I'm going back to Gates even after covid is over.
That's the one I went to. Masks on their shoulders would be an upgrade over what I saw today.

It's amazing I'd say about 50% of the people I see in KC wear masks. You go to JOCO its probably about 70%. I'm going to chalk it up to education.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:46 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a variation of people wearing masks here in the Midwest.

This might sound really bad, but I'm going to say it anyway.

From my own observation, the higher class areas of town are a lot more likely to be wearing masks than the lower class areas.
I drove from mid Missouri to Milwaukee Wisconsin and back.

Saw one person wearing a mask and gloves in a gas station the whole way.

No joke. Everyone else looked like nothing was going on.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:59 AM 05-17-2020
There's a variation of people wearing masks here in the Midwest.

This might sound really bad, but I'm going to say it anyway.

From my own observation, the higher class areas of town are a lot more likely to be wearing masks than the lower class areas.
I believe it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:34 AM 05-17-2020
I think it would wreck my anxiety for the 72 hours they say I'd be waiting for results.

But I wouldn't mind knowing I guess.
You do realize nothing will change in the time you are waiting for the test if you are positive or not right? If you aren't sick dont worry about any of it.

And the test would only tell you you dont have it today.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05-17-2020, 06:36 AM
This message has been deleted by Marcellus. Reason: Nevermind
Marcellus 06:38 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

The vast majority of people I have seen wearing masks working in different places or out and about aren't wearing them correctly anyway.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:44 AM 05-17-2020
Thats a huge difference. Makes you wonder.

Originally Posted by :
Colorado health officials on Friday changed how they count the number of people lost to the coronavirus outbreak in the state.

As a result, the state's stated COVID-19 death toll dropped by nearly 300 people who had contracted the virus but died of other causes that may or may not have been related to infection.

On Thursday, Colorado reported 1,091 coronavirus deaths under its prior method. But on Friday, the state clarified that 878 people have died as a direct result of COVID-19 infection as of May 9, while another 272 had tested positive but died of other causes as of Friday.

In a Friday afternoon news conference, Rachel Herlihy, the state epidemiologist, apologized for confusion about how coronavirus deaths are counted. She said the state would begin reporting the number of deaths where COVID-19 is believed to be a contributing factor, in addition to total coronavirus case deaths, the larger number.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ed/5198485002/

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:57 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

You left your home state during a lock down? Serious question.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:16 AM 05-17-2020
Interesting that there is a flu shot that many of the most susceptible people get that drives flu numbers down.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:19 AM 05-17-2020
Fauci: Real coronavirus death toll 'almost certainly' higher than official 80,000 count

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronav...ly-higher-than
[Reply]
Page 2091 of 3903
« First < 1091159119912041208120872088208920902091 209220932094209521012141219125913091 > Last »
Up