ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1627 of 3903
« First < 627112715271577161716231624162516261627 162816291630163116371677172721272627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:41 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, I guess we hope that the record daily new case growth yesterday was due to increased testing. And an outlier.
That's about all we can hope for.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 04-25-2020
Some keep asking about why testing needs to ramp up.

This thing spreads mostly by asymptomatic spread. So you need to test everyone, even without symptoms, to know who's got it and who you need to isolate. If youre just testing those with symptoms, you're missing the vast majority of infections.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:20 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Agreed, we just have to be smart about it. There should be some answers as to how much is too much with the states relaxing restriction today. It will be 11 days when KS is expected to ease restrictions, if GA etc have a huge spike in cases by then I expect Gov Kelly to extend the current restriction longer.
Originally Posted by O.city:

This thing spreads mostly by asymptomatic spread. So you need to test everyone, even without symptoms, to know who's got it and who you need to isolate. If youre just testing those with symptoms, you're missing the vast majority of infections.
Probably but how do you do that? And if I test negative today but go to the grocery store tomorrow and get it then what?

To me the only way that what you are saying really works is if you lock up everyone, test everyone, then let out only those who tested negative AFTER everyone has been tested.

Otherwise the test result you got today could very well be moot tomorrow.
[Reply]
TLO 09:20 AM 04-25-2020

Which is why they're testing this entire meat processing plant in St Joe.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:21 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Which is why they're testing this entire meat processing plant in St Joe.
Okay and they should. But what if at the time the tests are taken someone tests negative but then gets it from somewhere else tomorrow?

I see what they are doing and agree they should. But you can't allow it to provide a false sense of security either.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Probably but how do you do that? And if I test negative today but go to the grocery store tomorrow and get it then what?

To me the only way that what you are saying really works is if you lock up everyone, test everyone, then let out only those who tested negative AFTER everyone has been tested.

Otherwise the test result you got today could very well be moot tomorrow.
It's not a one time test. You have to keep doing it, over time, multiple times.

I don't know that it's possible, but with the number of testing we're doing right now, it's showing to not be enough as the number of infected we're finding is still fairly high.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:30 AM 04-25-2020
I'll post this in here as well

This is a long video, but everyone should watch it. Two California doctors explain their findings and extrapolate out the numbers of COVID19 using their data collected. Forgive the girl that keeps interjecting her pissed off commentary, just pay attention to what the doctors are saying because it could change everything....

FAIR WARNING - the girl commentating on the video does get a touch political with her statements from time to time, so go into it knowing that.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:30 AM 04-25-2020
2 confirmed cases from employees on our campus yesterday. Our first ones.

It’s very real now.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:33 AM 04-25-2020
It's not a one time test. You have to keep doing it, over time, multiple times.

I don't know that it's possible, but with the number of testing we're doing right now, it's showing to not be enough as the number of infected we're finding is still fairly high.
And that's just it. As you said probably not possible. I mean it would be nice if someway businesses could test all of their employees and what not.

The converse of that though is I think there are so many people who have this and are either not impacted or impacted mildly that if we were to measure that accurately then you would start to see this more inline with the flu.

I mean let's think about it for a second. The CDC estimates that up to 45 million people get the flu each year. If this is more contagious than the flu then I think it is safe to assume that we probably have 20 million people nationwide infected now or at some point up until now.

I understand why medical officials and professionals are hesitant to put things in that light but it is a very real possibility and I would guess with a high probability factor.

I guess my point is that we are basing everything off of what we think we know as of now which skews the numbers and pushes us down the path of fear and panic. But if you do start presenting the likely probabilities it could very easily put us on a path of insensitivity as well.

I guess what I am getting at is this is worse than the flu but very likely not as bad as we think.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:34 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

It’s very real now.
Why now?

I keed, I keed
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay and they should. But what if at the time the tests are taken someone tests negative but then gets it from somewhere else tomorrow?

I see what they are doing and agree they should. But you can't allow it to provide a false sense of security either.
You make a very valid point.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:35 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

This is a long video, but everyone should watch it. Two California doctors explain their findings and extrapolate out the numbers of COVID19 using their data collected. Forgive the girl that keeps interjecting her pissed off commentary, just pay attention to what the doctors are saying because it could change everything....

FAIR WARNING - the girl commentating on the video does get a touch political with her statements from time to time, so go into it knowing that.
I am gonna watch but it's almost 9 mins long. Can we get a summary?
[Reply]
TLO 04-25-2020, 09:37 AM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
Donger 09:38 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

:-)
[Reply]
TLO 09:40 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

It’s very real now.
We've had some scares, but everyone has tested negative thus far. It's only a matter of time I'm sure.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:40 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)
Watch it, THEN react to it.
[Reply]
Page 1627 of 3903
« First < 627112715271577161716231624162516261627 162816291630163116371677172721272627 > Last »
Up