ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1591 of 3903
« First < 591109114911541158115871588158915901591 159215931594159516011641169120912591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 04:38 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Of course. But they moved on this WEEKS before everyone else did. The optimal strategy at the start of the outbreak isn't guaranteed to be the best strategy once it's already spreading widely. They also use methods that many people in the US would consider to be an invasion of privacy.
Pretty much.

We needed to ramp up production of testing and such in February. That was where we dropped the ball it seems.
[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 04-22-2020
Someone brought this up before (hamas maybe?) but our descent down the curve won't be a quick as the ascent. Thats true, but thats not necessarily because of the actuality of the infections.

Moreso with the testing. Had we been rampantly and widespread testing earlier, we'd have went up the same as we're going down.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:44 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Of course. But they moved on this WEEKS before everyone else did. The optimal strategy at the start of the outbreak isn't guaranteed to be the best strategy once it's already spreading widely. They also use methods that many people in the US would consider to be an invasion of privacy.
I'm not familiar with all the methods used but you and I both agree they've been much more successful battling this to this point than we have for example.

We still dont seem to have much of a strategy atleast it hasnt been thoughtfully articulated by some of our leaders. Its unfortunate this has became a political issue. The economy isnt going to open in the sense people think it will for years. You cant just flip a switch so when we do begin to open and the economy is still lackluster I fear the fallout is going to be bad. Just like I dont believe there will be a vaccine by this time next year. It seems these lines of thinking are being used as excuses to buy time to stop the fear of panic.

So my question is this. What happens a year from now when the virus is still killing people, theres no cure, and the economy is open but still failing?
[Reply]
O.city 04:47 PM 04-22-2020
It won't just go on killing people (unless it mutates) as enough of the population gets it and recovers.

Eventually, we'll get to immunity.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:49 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It won't just go on killing people (unless it mutates) as enough of the population gets it and recovers.

Do they have an idea on how long immunity would last.
[Reply]
O.city 04:50 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If it's like the other corona viruses, IIRC, it would be for a good amount of time.

I'd imagine we'd have some lasting immunity forever but I am not sure on that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:50 PM 04-22-2020

Ya eventually but we dont know when that will be though I mean it could be a few years. Today's society just doesnt have the patience.
[Reply]
O.city 04:53 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Ya eventually but we dont know when that will be though I mean it could be a few years. Today's society just doesnt have the patience.
Just depends.

We don't even know how many have been infected, are infected, or have recovered at this point.

We aren't close to it yet. But every day is a day closer.

You've also got therapeutics that would most certainly help.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:54 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think this answer can only come with time. Hopefully we catch a break somewhere.
[Reply]
tk13 04:58 PM 04-22-2020
Pretty much.

We needed to ramp up production of testing and such in February. That was where we dropped the ball it seems.
Anyone who was worth listening to was saying that in February. If not at least early March. History is going to look back at how we botched this.
[Reply]
O.city 04:59 PM 04-22-2020
It sounds like the mayor of Las Vegas wants to .....roll the dice.....on the situation.
[Reply]
wazu 05:04 PM 04-22-2020
It sounds like the mayor of Las Vegas wants to .....roll the dice.....on the situation.
Yeah that'll be what people are watching. Montana is one thing. A place like Vegas? Buckle your seatbelts.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:05 PM 04-22-2020
A million people out of work in the Vegas area so yeah, I am sure she wants to get people back to work.
[Reply]
wazu 05:06 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
A million people out of work in the Vegas area so yeah, I am sure she wants to get people back to work.
Which isn't evil. There are two sides to this equation. She seems to be going all-in on on of those sides. Hope it works out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:07 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Not all of those people will be back for long.
[Reply]
Page 1591 of 3903
« First < 591109114911541158115871588158915901591 159215931594159516011641169120912591 > Last »
Up