ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1434 of 3903
« First < 43493413341384142414301431143214331434 143514361437143814441484153419342434 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 09:59 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In an effort to oversimplfy things, here's my understanding of the various options. The numbers and timing are completely made up, so don't take this as any sort of prediction. It's just to give you the gist of how these things work.

The reality is that the "no intervention" version would probably be bigger and more prolonged, and the "waves" in the current plan won't happen nearly that quickly. Hopefully it helps to at least frame the concept, though.

[Reply]
TLO 10:00 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I am going to have to say that if you work in kc and stay at a kc hospital they don't count it here since I have a aunt with it.
How is she doing?
[Reply]
loochy 10:00 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Saw this image on FB earlier and thought of this thread...

LOL

It's more like "Let me interrupt your Dunning-Kreugerness with my own Dunning-Kreugerness."

After all, only I am smart. Nobody else is smart.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:00 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
:-) JFC you are a dumbshit.

“Small doses” of cocaine also provide the body energy, doesn’t mean it is healthy or beneficial.

The same is true with refined carbohydrates. The supposed energy it provides is really just the byproduct of spiking your blood sugar only to have it soon come crashing down, putting the body on an unhealthy blood sugar roller coaster.

You must be in terrible health if you are this ignorant about the health consequences and ZERO health benefits with sugar from refined carbs.
Either you are alcoholic in denial or a complete moron. I can't figure out which at this point.

Eating a cake is not comparable to getting trashed off liquor or beer. I don't care wtf you say.

Alcohol also dehydrates you, making it terrible for your liver. And guess what happens when you get drunk? Your inhibitions go down and you tend to eat like shit. How convenient of you to forget to mention that.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:01 AM 04-16-2020
St Louis County shelter in place order to be extended to May 15, per County Executive.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:05 AM 04-16-2020

“Small doses” of cocaine also provide the body energy, doesn’t mean it is healthy or beneficial.

The same is true with refined carbohydrates. The supposed energy it provides is really just the byproduct of spiking your blood sugar only to have it soon come crashing down, putting the body on an unhealthy blood sugar roller coaster.

You must be in terrible health if you are this ignorant about the health consequences and ZERO health benefits with sugar from refined carbs.
Cocaine has been used in medicine as a pain killer might be more beneficial than sugar actually.

But you are stating sugar bad but alcohol/sugar good?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:06 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How is she doing?
Should be ok last I heard. But like has been stated you can be ok and go to bad fast.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:07 AM 04-16-2020
OH SHIT. I remember what she does as a nurse makes sense.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:08 AM 04-16-2020

The SBA's $349 billion PPP loan has officially run out of money. It comes after the program had a rocky rollout. https://t.co/GCTtq8hLsR

— L.A. BIZ (@LABizJournal) April 16, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 10:10 AM 04-16-2020
Morphine is considered safe during pregnancy but alcohol isn't and I have never heard the term Fetal Sugar Syndrome.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:11 AM 04-16-2020
So in relation to Covid, sugar, alcohol, and apparently cocaine now, is bad. All of it. Bad.

Also the person comparing sugar to cocaine, in small doses for energy, and the benefits to the body. Is the one who calls other people a dumbshit. As he goes along making up other people’s opinions, to argue about sugar.

Seems like a extremely rational position to take.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:13 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
point is still valid though. If there was an outbreak like 200 or so. Push it back but it's not taking over the city and it has been a couple weeks. The only thing I can say on the other side is st joe is like mossimo. We got those t-shirts eleven years after they were cool.
:-) Agreed.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:14 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
St Louis County shelter in place order to be extended to May 15, per County Executive.
Why are Saint Louis and KC getting out in front of Parsons 3pm news conference?

I wonder if he is easing state guidelines and turning shit back over to citys.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:19 AM 04-16-2020

You still don’t understand the all or none argument you’re making. It’s not that simple. It’s honestly extremely retarded. You also don’t understand how the body metabolizes various substance that you’re arguing. I’m in very good shape and don’t eat many refined sugars. But refined sugars in moderation can have their place including post lifting workout as insulin IS needed for muscular protein synthesis (that’s called building muscle idiot). Also, many long distance runners need simple sugars to boost glycogen stores during running. It’s vital to success in that sport. You think marathon runners are just pounding water to run all those miles? :-)

Using cocaine as an analogy makes me think your high school education shouldn’t be arguing about this topic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:21 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Why are Saint Louis and KC getting out in front of Parsons 3pm news conference?

I wonder if he is easing state guidelines and turning shit back over to citys.

He said yesterday they would need to do 40-50k\day to safely open . My guess he is going to to extend it
[Reply]
Page 1434 of 3903
« First < 43493413341384142414301431143214331434 143514361437143814441484153419342434 > Last »
Up