ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1430 of 3903
« First < 43093013301380142014261427142814291430 143114321433143414401480153019302430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 08:45 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
KC got Shelter in place got extended out until May 15th which pretty much says there won't be a summer.

1.) The first day of summer is June 20th.
2.) What, is the world ending or something? There will still be summer.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:47 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
1.) The first day of summer is June 20th.
2.) What, is the world ending or something? There will still be summer.
No Swimming No Sports

NO DICE WHOA
[Reply]
DaFace 08:50 AM 04-16-2020
I thought the whole point of "flatten the curve" was to make the "peak" lower (like near what it is now) but drag it out over a super long period of time. It doesn't mean that any fewer total people will get infected. Doesn't that imply that we will keep what is going on now indefinitely?
The biggest challenge we have is that we completely fucked up containing this thing in the first place. Taiwan has removed many of their restrictions, but they were doing proactive testing and contact tracing back when they had essentially zero cases. When those systems are in place, it's easier to open things up because you are able to identify new problem areas and quickly snuff them out.

The goal is to get the numbers of new cases down to a very low level, which seems difficult, but is achievable. Once we do that, you can start relaxing things strategically. We won't have large gatherings for a while, but low-risk activities can be opened back up. If things get out of hand, you contract back.

So in short, yes, things will open up a bit, so no, the full restrictions won't go on indefinitely. However, it will likely be a dance between loosening restrictions, seeing cases climb, tightening restrictions, etc. until a vaccine is widely in place.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:50 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It sure seems like the goal post got moved.
Agreed.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:55 AM 04-16-2020
Nah, nothing's changed. Dumbed down for the masses perhaps, but the plan has always been reduction, then maintenance.
[Reply]
Donger 08:56 AM 04-16-2020
No, they didn't.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:58 AM 04-16-2020
I'm sorry this virus isn't the end game .

Not back to normal, etc, is an exaggeration, IMO

I have a hard time wrapping my head around just laying around scared,waiting to die. Life doesn't work that way.

You going to tell restaurants they can only seat half capacity? They WILL ALL CLOSE DOWN. There's no money in that.

I went to price chopper the other day, the four woman working the Pharmacy weren't wearing masks. That seems odd to me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:59 AM 04-16-2020
I thought the whole point of "flatten the curve" was to make the "peak" lower (like near what it is now) but drag it out over a super long period of time. It doesn't mean that any fewer total people will get infected. Doesn't that imply that we will keep what is going on now indefinitely?
Ya just now figured that out?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:02 AM 04-16-2020
It's been said several times that the worst pre-existing condition with regard to COVID19 is obesity
Never seen that from a reputable source. What I have seen repeatedly is immuno compromised, respiratory disease and heart disease.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:04 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Never seen that from a reputable source. What I have seen repeatedly is immuno compromised, respiratory disease and heart disease.

Add diabetes in there as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 AM 04-16-2020
I think these people need to be ready to cut the date short if things are getting better. I have said that the end of May was about as long as they could go without people rioting. Judging by some of the things I am seeing and hearing here and elsewhere, we may not even get to the end of May before shit starts.

Mayor of Las Vegas is screaming to re-open.

Just keep this in mind, the more we extend the lock down the more we come closer to killing the headache by cutting off the head. People who are staunch supporters of these lock downs have a tendency to discount the ancillary impacts they have on people.
[Reply]
wazu 09:05 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

From the CDC:

Originally Posted by :
Severe obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above, puts people at higher risk for complications from COVID-19.

Actions to take

Take your medications for any underlying health conditions exactly as prescribed.

Why you might be at higher risk

Severe obesity increases the risk of a serious breathing problem called acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), which is a major complication of COVID-19 and can cause difficulties with a doctor’s ability to provide respiratory support for seriously ill patients. People living with severe obesity can have multiple serious chronic diseases and underlying health conditions that can increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This from someone who doesn’t understand drinking soda and eating refined carbohydrates has zero health benefits?

:-)
That’s not my stance at all.

But the body can and will use refined sugar in small doses for energy. It’s not an all or none health hazard like you’re claiming. Alcohol literally isn’t shown to have health benefits and if it does, it’s very weak evidence and poor studies.
[Reply]
loochy 09:09 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Ya just now figured that out?

No, I'm saying that because everyone keeps talking about opening back up. Opening back up isn't consistent with the flatten the curve ideology.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:10 AM 04-16-2020
It's been said several times that the worst pre-existing condition with regard to COVID19 is obesity
More than COPD?
[Reply]
Page 1430 of 3903
« First < 43093013301380142014261427142814291430 143114321433143414401480153019302430 > Last »
Up