ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1342 of 3903
« First < 34284212421292133213381339134013411342 134313441345134613521392144218422342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 03:52 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This happened en masse during The Great Depression. It’s easy to criticize moves like this when we’re in the comforts of a modern living and a good economy. We do not have that luxury right now.
I agree. I'm fully aware of what goes on within the closed walls of the industry, but if today's media choses to make a big deal out of thousands of iso weans currently being euthanized while pork shelves are near bare it's probably not going to go over very well with Sally the soccer mom and the bands of TP hoarding morons. While the media runs circles with that fiasco, a generation of barn owners will quietly be filing bankruptcy on half million dollar units when their contracts get yanked.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 04-12-2020
I would hope people realize where their food comes from
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:00 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've had 1.5 cigarettes today. It was cold as balls outside so I didn't even feel like finishing the second one.

I think I'm feeling some withdrawal - but I'm doing ok. I'm a little shaky. Goal for today is 5 or less.
very few people quit by smoking less cigarettes. Maybe you will be different or one of the ones who are successful at quitting using that method. But.........

If you feel cold turkey won’t work for you try the patches or the pouches. Part of what you have to overcome beyond the addiction to a drug is the habit. If you use the pouches or patches you can titrate the drug use like your current plan of smoking less cigarettes but your also quitting the habit of smoking an actual cigarette. Most say that helped them finally quit.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:04 PM 04-12-2020
I quit by doing exactly that. Less less less none
[Reply]
TLO 04:05 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
very few people quit by smoking less cigarettes. Maybe you will be different or one of the ones who are successful at quitting using that method. But.........

If you feel cold turkey won’t work for you try the patches or the pouches. Part of what you have to overcome beyond the addiction to a drug is the habit. If you use the pouches or patches you can titrate the drug use like your smoking less but your also quitting the habit of smoking an actual cigarette. Most say that helped them finally quit.
Once upon a time I tried the lozenges, then the gum.

They both made me jittery as hell. I hated them - a lot. I did notice the lack of desire to smoke, but it wasn't pleasant. I doubt I'm going to be able to actually quit at a time like this, but I figure cutting back has to have some benifit, right?
[Reply]
TLO 04:07 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I had a doctor tell me one time that you are essentially making it harder on yourself because you're prolonging the withdrawal symptoms doing it this way. He said he'd seen people prefer this method though.

It has done ok for me. I was a religious pack a day guy a month ago. I've been half a pack or less for the past month or so. Some days right around 10. Some days less than 5. It has just varied.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:07 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Congrats you beat the odds. Fantastic job.

The stats tell us that only 5% that are successful use that method.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:13 PM 04-12-2020

If you feel cold turkey won’t work for you try the patches or the pouches. Part of what you have to overcome beyond the addiction to a drug is the habit. If you use the pouches or patches you can titrate the drug use like your current plan of smoking less cigarettes but your also quitting the habit of smoking an actual cigarette. Most say that helped them finally quit.
Thats how my dad quit, he cut it in half for a week, then half of that for the next week, and he said by like the 3rd or 4th week, he didnt feel the need anymore! Then again, he smoked Marijuana all the damned time, so im sure that helped him even in his late 50's at the time.
[Reply]
eDave 04:13 PM 04-12-2020
Cold turkey is the way to go. Just do it and focus ALL of your attention to not smoking. Be strongestest through that morning smoke craving, then the boredom cravings, then the post meal cravings. Copy/paste.

Once you start, talk like a non smoker. "Want a smoke?" "Nah, I don't smoke anymore." Remember how shitty it tastes, how gross is makes you feel, how shitty you smell, the shame you feel every time you light up.

Focus.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:13 PM 04-12-2020
Once upon a time I tried the lozenges, then the gum.

They both made me jittery as hell. I hated them - a lot. I did notice the lack of desire to smoke, but it wasn't pleasant. I doubt I'm going to be able to actually quit at a time like this, but I figure cutting back has to have some benifit, right?
you do you. Whatever works for you.

Yes, 5 cigarettes a day is way better for your health than a pack a day. Besides not getting cancer down the road, your burning off the cilia that line your throat and lungs that help you get phlegm out of your lungs. The cilia will grow back as long as there is not long term damage like with COPD.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:16 PM 04-12-2020

That’s how I finally quit. Crunched up the last pack, went and bought patches and put one on. After 3-4 nights I took em off at night because they caused me to have wild dreams.

Haven’t even had a puff since.
[Reply]
TLO 04:17 PM 04-12-2020
Nah, no COPD for me. I've smoked 7 or 8 years, I can't remember the exact length. But its been long enough. I'm ready to put it behind me for good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:21 PM 04-12-2020
Last week Pete said MO wouldnt be a hot spot.

https://www.kctv5.com/coronavirus/mi...38936de75.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:23 PM 04-12-2020
Nah, no COPD for me. I've smoked 7 or 8 years, I can't remember the exact length. But its been long enough. I'm ready to put it behind me for good.
potential damage is defined by pack years. I smoked about 1.5 packs of cigarettes for 6 years and 1/2-1 pack for 3 years. Combining the amount + length = pack years.

I have a 13 pack history of smoking. But, quit 30 years ago. My risk is so low that it’s basically non-existent.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:24 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
What’s the end game? Lotta meat shortages incoming?
Keep thinking it's just meat and see how that will work for you.
[Reply]
Page 1342 of 3903
« First < 34284212421292133213381339134013411342 134313441345134613521392144218422342 > Last »
Up