ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1341 of 3903
« First < 34184112411291133113371338133913401341 134213431344134513511391144118412341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:34 PM 04-12-2020
Tom Hanks on SNL.

Can someone embed this for me since quite a few on here get fanatical about it.

https://youtu.be/Kol7RE3wCNA
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:56 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
In college I ate healthy by having a combination pizza 4 times a week.

I don’t know if I ever had any other veggies.
One of the greatest moments in college is when I learned Pizza Hut and Dominos started accepting the school's food plan cards.... I could put down a medium pizza with no problem and wouldn't gain an ounce of weight.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:04 PM 04-12-2020
There's even bigger rumblings coming out of the packing industry. Look for two more of the big ones to make announcements soon. If 25% of the pork lines are at full stop for any length of time, people will notice.

There are still no bids at all for live cattle right now in large sectors of the country. There's only one thing that happens to finished steers, they die. One way or the other. If they don't get the chain under control soon things will get ugly. Cattle of all ages have been backed way off in an attempt to reign things in from the supply side, but it's not a train that just stops over night without serious consequences. Pack owned cattle are being pulled forward while independents are left holding their own.

You're also going to start seeing some nasty headlines and mass euthanasia claims if reporters are brave enough to dig into it. Not to mention the bankruptcies that will follow as contract clauses get invoked.
[Reply]
TLO 03:04 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's a shame they didnt all die
Was over 400 people at the party, apparently.
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
There's even bigger rumblings coming out of the packing industry. Look for two more of the big ones to make announcements soon. If 25% of the pork lines are at full stop for any length of time, people will notice.

There are still no bids at all for live cattle right now in large sectors of the country. There's only one thing that happens to finished steers, they die. One way or the other. If they don't get the chain under control soon things will get ugly. Cattle of all ages have been backed way off in an attempt to reign things in from the supply side, but it's not a train that just stops over night without serious consequences. Pack owned cattle are being pulled forward while independents are left holding their own.

You're also going to start seeing some nasty headlines and mass euthanasia claims if reporters are brave enough to dig into it. Not to mention the bankruptcies that will follow as contract clauses get invoked.
So is it the workers getting sick or what’s causing all this?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:10 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Was over 400 people at the party, apparently.
Not possible. Eveyone is social distancing and thus the reason the models were trash.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:15 PM 04-12-2020
A few here have argued for something more like this.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...aign=mattwalsh
[Reply]
ghak99 03:24 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So is it the workers getting sick or what’s causing all this?
Yes. One just discovered ~250 infected. Two more know they have a problem, but just just haven't went public with how bad it is yet. Think of it as one big funnel. Those workers are in control of the final flow. If they fail, shit hits the fan in a massive way.

If you're familiar with how many of the line working immigrants often live, it's easy to see that the spread can't be stopped even if the companies go balls to the walls on their grounds. No amount of tents in the parking lots for lunch spacing, fever tests on the way in, locker room separation, or break room divider panels can control it when at the end of the day they all go home together.

Some of the really small and specialty plants are even considering quarantining a population, shutting down completely for cleaning, and then restaffing with the controlled population remaining in isolation. Obviously this doesn't scale with large plants and unions.
[Reply]
O.city 03:26 PM 04-12-2020
Yes. One just discovered ~250 infected. Two more know they have a problem, but just just haven't went public with how bad it is yet. Think of it as one big funnel. Those workers are in control of the final flow. If they fail, shit hits the fan in a massive way.

If you're familiar with how many of the line working immigrants often live, it's easy to see that the spread can't be stopped even if the companies go balls to the walls on their grounds. No amount of tents in the parking lots for lunch spacing, fever tests on the way in, locker room separation, or break room divider panels can control it when at the end of the day they all go home together.

Some of the really small and specialty plants are even considering quarantining a population, shutting down completely for cleaning, and then restaffing with the controlled population remaining in isolation. Obviously this doesn't scale with large plants and unions.
What’s the end game? Lotta meat shortages incoming?
[Reply]
JakeF 04-12-2020, 03:30 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Take it to DC, please.
Titty Meat 04-12-2020, 03:32 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Chiefspants 03:33 PM 04-12-2020

This happened en masse during The Great Depression. It’s easy to criticize moves like this when we’re in the comforts of a modern living and a good economy. We do not have that luxury right now.
[Reply]
O.city 03:36 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This happened en masse during The Great Depression. It’s easy to criticize moves like this when we’re in the comforts of a modern living and a good economy. We do not have that luxury right now.
So basically we’re gonna have a lot of meat but no one to process it?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:39 PM 04-12-2020
So basically we’re gonna have a lot of meat but no one to process it?
Sounds like my dating life RN
[Reply]
ghak99 03:39 PM 04-12-2020
What’s the end game? Lotta meat shortages incoming?
It's not to the point of being a big shortage yet, but if you like grilling/smoking regularly and on your own schedule I would suggest getting the quality you're used to in your freezer soon.

Some of these outbreaks aren't just in the processing plants though. They're also in the packaging side of things where pizzas, frozen foods, and prepared meals are created.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:44 PM 04-12-2020
I thought my post was just about the coronavirus for the people down south.

My Bad, won't do it again.
[Reply]
TLO 03:50 PM 04-12-2020
I've had 1.5 cigarettes today. It was cold as balls outside so I didn't even feel like finishing the second one.

I think I'm feeling some withdrawal - but I'm doing ok. I'm a little shaky. Goal for today is 5 or less.
[Reply]
Page 1341 of 3903
« First < 34184112411291133113371338133913401341 134213431344134513511391144118412341 > Last »
Up