ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1340 of 3903
« First < 34084012401290133013361337133813391340 134113421343134413501390144018402340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:01 PM 04-12-2020
Missouri yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 4,024
Deaths: 109

Missouri today
Cases in Missouri: 4,160

Total Deaths: 110

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 45,064 (not yet updated for 4/12/20)

Wonder if that's the good ol Sunday lull in reporting or actual progress?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:02 PM 04-12-2020
Bonus: WFH so not subjected to 30 grit TP at work

Negative: Excessive water bills at home + possible sewer issues
[Reply]
Donger 01:02 PM 04-12-2020
Numbers tracking for perhaps another (and consecutive) day of fewer new cases and deaths.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:04 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I mentioned back in January, I took my family on a Road Trip to KC over the holidays. On there way to KC, I took I-40 to I-35. Once we exited California, I only saw a few Highway Patrol cars on the 40 until Oklahoma City, which was mainly due to the construction - no radar guns or cops in hiding.

We left KC the morning of December 30th and I made the (stupid) decision to take the Northern Route home because it's about 90 minutes shorter. I saw 15 Highway Patrolman on K-10 and I-70 in Kansas. They were visible on the freeway medians but it felt like they were everywhere and I saw a few of them peel out after speeders.

I saw one in Colorado, one in Utah and none in Nevada. With the speed limit in most states set at 75 mph, I didn't even bother going even 1 mph over the speed limit. It wasn't worth it for many reasons but I didn't want to stand out, especially driving a black SUV with California license plates.
Yeah, it's so much better out here. I'm sure LA is having a field day right now... the few times I've seen open highway there, people are flying by me while I'm at ~10-15mph over, and for good reason when you do get the chance.

To KC and back, I usually get off I-40 at Tucumcari, NM, taking 54/400 to Wichita... few cops and saves ~100 miles from staying on 40, but also several small towns with reduced speed limits. Probably doesn't save a ton of time in the end, but saves me one gas stop. (granted, 1-40 east of that point is infinitely better than New Mexico and Arizona, as there are shit ton of truckers and none of them seem to give a shit if they stay in the left lane for 3 hours because they can't ever get enough momentum between the hills to pass. :-) )
[Reply]
TLO 01:08 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Missouri yesterday

Cases in Missouri: 4,024
Deaths: 109

Missouri today
Cases in Missouri: 4,160

Total Deaths: 110

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 45,064 (not yet updated for 4/12/20)

Wonder if that's the good ol Sunday lull in reporting or actual progress?
Well if you look at the John Hopkins website it's just a lull in reporting from Missouri.

That's annoying
[Reply]
Monticore 01:29 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's so much better out here. I'm sure LA is having a field day right now... the few times I've seen open highway there, people are flying by me while I'm at ~10-15mph over, and for good reason when you do get the chance.

To KC and back, I usually get off I-40 at Tucumcari, NM, taking 54/400 to Wichita... few cops and saves ~100 miles from staying on 40, but also several small towns with reduced speed limits. Probably doesn't save a ton of time in the end, but saves me one gas stop. (granted, 1-40 east of that point is infinitely better than New Mexico and Arizona, as there are shit ton of truckers and none of them seem to give a shit if they stay in the left lane for 3 hours because they can't ever get enough momentum between the hills to pass. :-) )
One bonus of being a medical professional and having a wife doctor is the cops have a tendency to go easy on me .

I got stopped going 40km over with 3 year expired tags and 7 copies of expired insurance subs in the wifes car and just got a warning, it helped he as her patient.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:36 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
One bonus of being a medical professional and having a wife doctor is the cops have a tendency to go easy on me .

I got stopped going 40km over with 3 year expired tags and 7 copies of expired insurance subs in the wifes car and just got a warning, it helped he as her patient.
I've heard that before from medical professionals... keep your work badge in the car because it can save you a ticket.

Granted, that's a bit extreme. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 04-12-2020
I'd done that route in the past, when I was much younger, but it really only saves about 30 minutes. My biggest criteria for driving back over the holidays was to avoid any and all 2 lane highways because they can be so difficult to navigate, especially at night.

We attended an October 2019 wedding in Palo Alto, which required me to take the California 152 at night, which is a two lane freeway. It was just scary as hell because Semi's were rolling at 75 miles an hour or more on winding roads and it was all I could do to keep my vehicle in my lane to avoid an accident.

After that, I vowed to myself never to take busy 2 lane freeways, especially with my family in the vehicle. I was like 3 feet from a serious car accident a dozen or more times that night and I could barely sleep after the six hour drive because my adrenaline was still pumping.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:42 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Numbers tracking for perhaps another (and consecutive) day of fewer new cases and deaths.

Awesome news is awesome.

People gotta keep the social distancing going. We have to treat every week as THE most important week to isolate and it will continue to pay off.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:44 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:

I got stopped going 40km over with 3 year expired tags and 7 copies of expired insurance subs in the wifes car
dude..but why?
[Reply]
Fish 01:52 PM 04-12-2020
Read an article about how tons of food is going to waste and to some extent it's a logistical issue.... so, the local WalMart has a limit of 1 gallon of milk and 1 carton of eggs, yet plants are throwing out shit tons of both because they're setup to distribute to restaurants and schools.

And that apparently no one eats vegetables outside of what's served at restaurants... no surprise there though.
Yeah, I've heard some terrible stories about food waste, just because of the change in demand/sources/shipping. Also, these weird food outages of specific types and stuff like the above make it pretty clear that a pretty decent portion of our society hasn't got he first damn clue about how to feed themselves through the week without outside sources.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:55 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
dude..but why?
No clue i never drive my wife's vehicle and i guess she had forgotten to update them but as far as the speeding goes that's on me i have a heavy foot .
[Reply]
Monticore 01:59 PM 04-12-2020
I've heard that before from medical professionals... keep your work badge in the car because it can save you a ticket.

Granted, that's a bit extreme. :-)
My wife was coroner for a long time as well and that helped me get passed some road closures once in a while , playing hockey with 60% percent of the cops in town helps too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:05 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Looks like pete held a party last night

6 people shot at a California party held despite state's stay-at-home order

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/us/ba...ome/index.html
It's a shame they didnt all die
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:06 PM 04-12-2020
Read an article about how tons of food is going to waste and to some extent it's a logistical issue.... so, the local WalMart has a limit of 1 gallon of milk and 1 carton of eggs, yet plants are throwing out shit tons of both because they're setup to distribute to restaurants and schools.

And that apparently no one eats vegetables outside of what's served at restaurants... no surprise there though.
In college I ate healthy by having a combination pizza 4 times a week.

I don’t know if I ever had any other veggies.
[Reply]
Page 1340 of 3903
« First < 34084012401290133013361337133813391340 134113421343134413501390144018402340 > Last »
Up