ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020

Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:13 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Trust the pRosas! Rubio back to Minnesota!

If there’s one thing the Timberwolves love it’s to keep crawling back to their exes.

(Although seriously... amazing trade on Minnesota’s part)
I guess. Pokusevski was one of my favorite players in the draft. Oh well, he'll be fun to watch in OKC as well.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:14 PM 11-18-2020
I’ve had worse nights as a Hornets fan.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:20 PM 11-18-2020
Nuggets got a steal with the pick for Hampton
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I guess. Pokusevski was one of my favorite players in the draft. Oh well, he'll be fun to watch in OKC as well.

We also got back the 25th and 28th overall picks
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:21 AM 11-19-2020

You might not like him, or his mouth, or how he did it, but this man got two sons drafted in the top 3 in the NBA draft. All while wearing BBB slides everywhere. pic.twitter.com/Fk5Xj26QoR

— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) November 19, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 AM 11-19-2020
Cannot believe Udoka went 1st Rd and Dotson went undrafted. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Doke did advance and improve soooo much this last year though. I don't know what happened but he automatically learned how to block shots and defend the perimeter. I imagine his conditioning had alot to do with that. But but but I thought Hudy was the god of strength and conditioning coaches? Once she left KU, his transformation started.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:05 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Cannot believe Udoka went 1st Rd and Dotson went undrafted. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Doke did advance and improve soooo much this last year though. I don't know what happened but he automatically learned how to block shots and defend the perimeter. I imagine his conditioning had alot to do with that. But but but I thought Hudy was the god of strength and conditioning coaches? Once she left KU, his transformation started.
20 years ago, Azubuike is a top 5 pick.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:24 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
20 years ago, Azubuike is a top 5 pick.
Most definitely. I just didn't think NBA teams would covet someone who has no way to score outside of 5 ft from the basket. But they did. I guess they are thinking a Clint Capela type career.

I just think Dotson is underrated. He's like a 3 inches taller Frank Mason. And I love Frank.

Despite playing "at the rim" or just "under the rim" Dotson was super efficient at finishing. If he can get his 3point shot down, diamond in the rough.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:17 AM 11-19-2020
Most definitely. I just didn't think NBA teams would covet someone who has no way to score outside of 5 ft from the basket. But they did. I guess they are thinking a Clint Capela type career.

I just think Dotson is underrated. He's like a 3 inches taller Frank Mason. And I love Frank.

Despite playing "at the rim" or just "under the rim" Dotson was super efficient at finishing. If he can get his 3point shot down, diamond in the rough.
Mason shot 47% from 3 as a senior. Dotson shot 31% from 3 last year.

That’s the key difference.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:37 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd be a bit concerned that he made ba comment about not watching basketball or getting into it. Then he called it a job and something he does because he's good at it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of nba guys feel that way
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Mason shot 47% from 3 as a senior. Dotson shot 31% from 3 last year.

That’s the key difference.
I think it's really only fair to compare them to their sophomore and freshman campaigns. Obviously Dotson would continue to grow as a player should he have stayed 4 years like Frank Mason.

Mason shot upper 30s from three until his senior year. Dotson was a 36% 3FG as a freshman so I think he's better than 31% that was his sophomore year. Dotson is also a better FT shooter than Frank and FT shooting is usually a key indicator of being able to progress as a shooter as you age. Dotson also gets more steals than Mason.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 11-19-2020
It's official Klay Thompson tore his achillies tendon.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:37 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's official Klay Thompson tore his achillies tendon.
Annnd Oubre gonna go to the Warriors so OKC can have a 99th 1st rd draft pick
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 11-19-2020
Russillo had RJ Hampton on his podcast. Hampton went from High school to the Euro league so he probably would have benefited from workouts. He was saying they basically had no workouts. Just zoom interviews.

Just speculation on my part but I’m guessing measurables guys got drafted, ball players didn’t. Dotson impresses with a ball in his hands not on a measurable sheet.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:35 PM 11-20-2020

BREAKING: The Toronto #Raptors will open #NBA season with #Tampa as their temporary homer. @TB_Times story: https://t.co/kCsmaru1xz#TampaBay #WeTheNorth

— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) November 20, 2020

Sorry, KC and Sprint Center.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up