ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 773 of 3903
« First < 273673723763769770771772773 77477577677778382387312731773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:47 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
It's based on a tiny Chinese study of chemical markers for cardiac damage in Covid patients. The people with damage were overwhelmingly older 70+ and had comorbidities

.All patients were hospitalized.
Ya you are right , hadn't seen the article. Pretty small sample size too.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/healt...udy/index.html
[Reply]
TLO 09:47 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yes and it is really strange how it hits some easy and others very hard even healthy fit people.
Couldn't this be said for all diseases though?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 03-26-2020
So Mizzou has a drive-through test they're administering for free and it's starting to really get hauling pretty nicely.

As of yesterday they'd tested about 1300 people (with rates climbing) and had something like 46 positives. So the positive rate remains exceptionally small (which still makes me question the 'a bunch of people have had this and didn't know it' theory - most people that have stuff that makes them feel bad STILL don't have this).

Average turnaround time on results is about 9 hours.

They're getting referrals from all over (including out of state) so these numbers aren't necessarily representative of any particular area, but they DO demonstrate the logic in the 'don't overwhelm your laboratory capacity' argument. We're being told that results for many people are taking 3 and 4 days and I HAVE to believe that's a result of labs simply having more cases than they can handle.

So again, I think the answer remains testing on a smaller scale until such time as we have the laboratory capacity to ramp up. You need to make sure people in healthcare and who are showing MAJOR symptoms can get results as quickly as possible.

You start testing anyone with the sniffles or anyone who had someone in their building pop positive, you're going to clog the pipes for people who's outcomes really could've been changed.

I expect Mizzou will be capable of firing out 1,000 tests/day in the next week or so - the capacity is coming online and its coming quickly. But in the interim, you have to maintain reasonable testing protocals.

Side note - I can say enough for how quickly/effectively Mizzou has responded to this thing. They're gearing up childcare for their healthcare providers and even campus housing for those that don't want to risk infecting their families. The drive-through testing facility has gone incredibly well and they are putting plans in place to fire up a 2nd one.

They're responding quickly and well, IMO. They have contingencies on contingencies. They're still at the mercy of availability in many respects but they're doing everything they can to stay on top of the situation.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So Mizzou has a drive-through test they're administering for free and it's starting to really get hauling pretty nicely.

As of yesterday they'd tested about 1300 people (with rates climbing) and had something like 46 positives. So the positive rate remains exceptionally small (which still makes me question the 'a bunch of people have had this and didn't know it' theory - most people that have stuff that makes them feel bad STILL don't have this).

Average turnaround time on results is about 9 hours.

They're getting referrals from all over (including out of state) so these numbers aren't necessarily representative of any particular area, but they DO demonstrate the logic in the 'don't overwhelm your laboratory capacity' argument. We're being told that results for many people are taking 3 and 4 days and I HAVE to believe that's a result of labs simply having more cases than they can handle.

So again, I think the answer remains testing on a smaller scale until such time as we have the laboratory capacity to ramp up. You need to make sure people in healthcare and who are showing MAJOR symptoms can get results as quickly as possible.

You start testing anyone with the sniffles or anyone who had someone in their building pop positive, you're going to clog the pipes for people who's outcomes really could've been changed.

I expect Mizzou will be capable of firing out 1,000 tests/day in the next week or so - the capacity is coming online and its coming quickly. But in the interim, you have to maintain reasonable testing protocals.

Side note - I can say enough for how quickly/effectively Mizzou has responded to this thing. They're gearing up childcare for their healthcare providers and even campus housing for those that don't want to risk infecting their families. The drive-through testing facility has gone incredibly well and they are putting plans in place to fire up a 2nd one.

They're responding quickly and well, IMO. They have contingencies on contingencies. They're still at the mercy of availability in many respects but they're doing everything they can to stay on top of the situation.
That's awesome.

But in terms of the positives, that's still a pretty good number of them with that small sample size. Plus you've got a pretty good number of asymptomatic people potentially out there.

I'm not sure where this is headed.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:59 AM 03-26-2020

1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths - and who has now himself tested positive for #COVID; https://t.co/AfEeePbZL1

— Alex Berenson (@AlexBerenson) March 26, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I saw this being thrown around

Yes, he changed his numbers to reflect the current steps being taken. He didn't just change the numbers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
The only thing we can control is rate of spread and number of ventilators we have.

Those are the two factors contributing most to the total number of deaths.
Another factor that's rising is the lack of PPE for health care workers.

Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Hope you can opt out. I don't want go pay the extra taxes.
:-) I hope that's trolling because I'm no economist but if you get $1200 in free money even if you have to pay 28% in federal taxes, that is still $864 going into your pocket.

Originally Posted by dirk digler:
A little bit ago I had a long convo with my daughter and what she is experiencing in KC in the ICU's unit she works in. Your odds are long if you get hospitalized for this, they have several middle aged or younger patients get it and seem fine with little or no symptoms then drop dead\crash all of a sudden. They have had only 1 so far that is about to be released but that person wasn't on a vent.
Has to be ARDS?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:15 AM 03-26-2020
This is completely unacceptable in America. Trash bags as PPE's? :-)

We are supposed to be fighting a war. We cant even get basic supplies to our front line fighters. We are endangering every patient and every health care worker in that hospital.

Whatever they are doing to get PPE's to hospitals is not enough.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:21 AM 03-26-2020
Just can't help himself :-) ^
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:21 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
More on the bill:

It is a refundable tax credit - The check acts like a refund you get in advance. When you file your 2020 tax return, the IRS will compare your income numbers.

If you should have gotten more than you did, you’ll get a refund. If the numbers on your 2020 tax return are different from your 2019 tax return, I don’t expect that you’ll have to pay it back (as the bill is written now). Don’t worry: most taxpayers should get just the right amount.

This is not taxable income.

From Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#60efd56f1f9c
This is how I thought it would work. Im not sure where people were getting the idea that this money is going to be taxed.

So I know that they are going by either the 2018 tax return, 2019 tax return, or your Social Security statement. Does this mean people that have been unemployed or people collecting social security get stimulus money?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:21 AM 03-26-2020
As of now both Mo and Ks are showing no new cases or new deaths.

Meanwhile 4,292 new cases in NY :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:25 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just can't help himself :-) ^
"they"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 AM 03-26-2020
Did someone really post the mortality rate being 30%? :-) that's higher than any plague known to man. Might be time to ignore this thread if it's just going to turn into some alarmist bullshit.
[Reply]
Donger 10:27 AM 03-26-2020
What the heck is going on in Spain?
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:29 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Did someone really post the mortality rate being 30%? :-) that's higher than any plague known to man. Might be time to ignore this thread if it's just going to turn into some alarmist bullshit.
You obviously haven't been monitoring this thread for long
[Reply]
Page 773 of 3903
« First < 273673723763769770771772773 77477577677778382387312731773 > Last »
Up