ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 510 of 2528
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 51151251351452056061010101510 > Last »
The Lounge>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:01 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Alex Smith averaged the 35th most passing yards per game last season with 217.9 yards per game - (he was 19th on attempts and completions). And, he was 20th in TD passes with ... 20. Alex didn't turn the ball over and he manages the game well, that's not a slap to him.

That's exactly what you want the QB of a well rounded team to do. Don't screw it up and just move the chains.

I'd be happy with Trevor, Lynch or the combo to average 200 yards passing and just over a TD a game if the turnovers are low. I've seen pass happy stats crazy production and it didn't bring a title.

It's still about ball control and defense. You don't need a $20M QB to play ball control with that defense. So, we'll see how it plays out.
Chiefs have a top tier running game. Denver doesn't.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:03 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
You seem to think Siemian is a rookie.
That's semantics...he's never taken a real NFL snap. He's a rookie...

He was the 3rd string Qb behind Manning...who notoriously doesn't share practice reps.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:06 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Alex Smith averaged the 35th most passing yards per game last season with 217.9 yards per game - (he was 19th on attempts and completions). And, he was 20th in TD passes with ... 20. Alex didn't turn the ball over and he manages the game well, that's not a slap to him.

That's exactly what you want the QB of a well rounded team to do. Don't screw it up and just move the chains.

I'd be happy with Trevor, Lynch or the combo to average 200 yards passing and just over a TD a game if the turnovers are low. I've seen pass happy stats crazy production and it didn't bring a title.

It's still about ball control and defense. You don't need a $20M QB to play ball control with that defense. So, we'll see how it plays out.
Comparing a rookie to a veteran QB with the second longest streak without an INT in NFL history..is retarded. Semen gets picked in the opener...

I was just pointing out that odds of Semenboy producing like last years QBs is slim to none.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:37 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Comparing a rookie to a veteran QB with the second longest streak without an INT in NFL history..is retarded. Semen gets picked in the opener...

I was just pointing out that odds of Semenboy producing like last years QBs is slim to none.
Slice it however you like, he's been in the system for over a year. They need a conservative game manager and he fits the bill. I'm not looking for anything too glorious at this point, just win.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:43 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Slice it however you like, he's been in the system for over a year. They need a conservative game manager and he fits the bill. I'm not looking for anything too glorious at this point, just win.
Considering how many close games they eeked out...those lost passing yards are going to make a difference. Teams still respected Manning enough to know they couldn't stack the box on him...

You'll win...like 7 games.
[Reply]
DomCasual 06:53 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Here's some interesting factoids...there have only been 4 rookies in NFL history with over 3000 yards passing.

2 were the #1 overall pick, 1 was the #3 overall pick...and one was the #3 in second round (#35).

All four became franchise QBs and have been to the probowl...two became the NFL MVP.

That equates to 187.5 yards a game.....only four have topped it.

In 2015, Manning played 10 games...he averaged 224.9. Brock averaged 245.9...

Good luck with that 7th rounder.....no run game and they are screwed. Semenboy would be only the 5th QB in history to average what Denver's QBs did last season...

7-9
Great post. Except he's not a rookie.
[Reply]
DomCasual 06:56 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That's semantics...he's never taken a real NFL snap. He's a rookie...

He was the 3rd string Qb behind Manning...who notoriously doesn't share practice reps.
Right. Except that even without Manning, there is no way they would have even considered starting him at this time last year. From all accounts, he's a totally different player today than he was then.

So, maybe it's not semantics after all. Maybe having a year and an offseason for a smart kid to watch everything Peyton did will make a difference.

We'll see, starting in two days.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:17 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Right. Except that even without Manning, there is no way they would have even considered starting him at this time last year. From all accounts, he's a totally different player today than he was then.

So, maybe it's not semantics after all. Maybe having a year and an offseason for a smart kid to watch everything Peyton did will make a difference.

We'll see, starting in two days.
To me, never playing against a professional level game-plan at full speed is a rookie. There is way more pressure when the games count...and people are paying $350 a ticket to watch.

Unfortunately for Semen, he gets his first experience against a top defense without much of a line to protect him...not only that, they want to kill him out of revenge on a national stage.

Panthers have been downplaying it as "its a new season" in their media days...anyone with half a brain knows that's horseshit and they are fuming for this one.

Kubiak cant afford to "kid-glove" him to start...and just hand off like in the Rams game to settle him down. I think he gets over-whelmed....it's not his fault Elway hung him out to dry.

Should have started Sanchez and his 72 games of experience for the opener...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:23 PM 09-06-2016
Siemian goes against one of the best defenses in NFL history every single day. The games should be easy.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:34 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
Siemian goes against one of the best defenses in NFL history every single day. The games should be easy.
Yep..he practices in front of full stadiums daily...with 50 million people watching.

You know in practice...the starters dont game plan to stop their own offense right? They have a scout team for that...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:56 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Comparing a rookie to a veteran QB with the second longest streak without an INT in NFL history..is retarded. Semen gets picked in the opener...

I was just pointing out that odds of Semenboy producing like last years QBs is slim to none.
The other impressive streak that was FINALLY broken last season was the TD pass to a WR. As in this streak demonstrates the suck that is Smiff.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:29 PM 09-06-2016
Smith, Semen?

To the trash heap with both!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:30 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You can "plan" all you want. I planned on getting pussy last night and things didn't go as planned...
Because Chiefs??
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:31 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
The other impressive streak that was FINALLY broken last season was the TD pass to a WR. As in this streak demonstrates the suck that is Smiff.
Smith just posted the best season of his career...while curb-stomping the Donkos in their house.

You have have your entire season riding on some no-name rookie....enjoy the next two days as all hope expires Thursday night.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:59 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Smith just posted the best season of his career...while curb-stomping the Donkos in their house.

You have have your entire season riding on some no-name rookie....enjoy the next two days as all hope expires Thursday night.
Let's not get too excited... in that curb stomping, Smith was 17 for 31, with 80 of those 204 yards coming on a late fluke TD pass. And, that was roughly a 13 yard pass that West took to the house. Kudos to West, but let's not act like Smith did anything special in that game.
[Reply]
Page 510 of 2528
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 51151251351452056061010101510 > Last »
Up